- - - - -

BATMAN Arkham Asylum 2 - TBA price-TBA CE/LE TBA have a video Ships 1/3/2011

#31 xsouthparkx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   548 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

xsouthparkx

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:26 PM

For a late June release? Most likely a demo since it's at least a month away from going gold.

If it is only a demo, hopefully it's different from the one in stores lol.

#32 Ecofreak   That's Ah Bingo!!! CAGiversary!   4109 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:41 AM

After watching this trailer, all I can do is :drool:

This game and inFamous will definitely keep me busy for the summer.

http://www.gametrail...ayer/48711.html

#33 farfus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:08 AM

Preordered at Amazon yesterday!!!

#34 Zyzomys   Pow Day! CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:46 PM

plus the ps3 gets the joker levels so it's all good in my book.

From Xbox World on Twitter:

You've heard The Joker is playable in Arkham Asylum on PS3, right? Those stages are DLC on 360. It's our May covergame; look forward to it.1:48 AM Apr 24th from TwitterFox

#35 Darknyss  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

Still a "rumor" but...

It may take a bit longer for the Caped Crusader to round up his Rogue Gallery in Batman: Arkham Asylum, as "sources close to the game" tell Game Informer that the title has been pushed back from its expected June release until sometime later this year.

Despite impressing us earlier this year, the unspecified sources tell Game Informer than the game will now ship sometime in 2009's fourth quarter. If true, and while disappointing, the delay will give us more time to work on work on our Batarang hurling technique. Neither Eidos nor Warner Bros. have reportedly offered a comment on the cause behind the delay, though we have reached out to both ourselves for more.

#36 Ecofreak   That's Ah Bingo!!! CAGiversary!   4109 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

The game is officially delayed.

From Kotaku.com

Eidos Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment can today confirm that Batman: Arkham Asylum will be released at the end of summer 2009. This additional time will allow us to ensure Batman: Arkham Asylum is of the highest quality for gamers.

#37 kurokubushi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

kurokubushi

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:17 AM

If it is only a demo, hopefully it's different from the one in stores lol.

If its only a demo then this guy should be less worried about if it is the one in stores, and more worried about the fact that he just paid $52 for a demo. lol.

#38 riddler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

http://kotaku.com/53...bioshock-creepy

Ugh all of these damned exclusives are confusing. So...let me get this straight. We get joker's maps for free on ps3, but in order to get the scarecrow maps we need to preorder with gamestop? Will these never be released as downloadable content (as in we pay online?) Also...supposedly the 360 version comes with poison ivy challenge maps? (i'm not so sure about this one...).

hmmm...so this is what it feels like to be a cow.

#39 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1706 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:26 PM

I don't know about all the exclusive maps, but I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition(It was on sale for $90.99, and I got the half-off coupon for trade-ins a little while ago so about $45.50 for the CE) at Amazon, and you get an exclusive comic. I tried the demo, but I'm not familiar with the PS3 controls so it was just button mashing, but it looked pretty.

I second the idea of changing the thread to "Batman Arkham Asylum Discussion" or some such stuff.

#40 riddler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

I second the idea of changing the thread to "Batman Arkham Asylum Discussion" or some such stuff.

Agreed.

#41 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7191 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:34 AM

i think the thread title is awesome.

#42 Dasflikko   I want a cookie CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:24 AM

I dunno, I like the name of this thread. It is pretty epic in scope.

A new Batman game coming out soon, called BATMAN.

Love it.

#43 smiggity   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

Me too. I laugh everytime

#44 Dasflikko   I want a cookie CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

NO!!!!!!!!! The title!!!!!! It has changed!!!!!!!! :(

#45 RedarTemaG   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   4 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

RedarTemaG

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:09 PM

I dunno 'bout you all.. but I've wanted a batarang since a wee lad.. I'm getting the CE..

#46 x3x1x   So fresh and so clean CAGiversary!   2210 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

Still hoping every day that they bump the release date up.

I too am sad that the title has changed.

#47 CrimsonPaw   Professional Cheapass CAGiversary!   2104 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

CrimsonPaw

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:17 AM

Played the demo and liked it. Not sure if I $60 liked it but it looks damn good. I like the Batman gadgets and the brawling is phenominal, but my fear is that it's going to be extremely linear (like there's only one way out of every room linear). Also, maybe it was just in the demo, but there was only one place that he could hook his batline into to pull himself up; I was hoping it would be more like Tenchu where you could shoot it anywhere. Regardless, it's a good demo and one I'll probably go back and play. Again, I'm on the fence about spending $60 for this.

#48 lokizz   Go $$$$ Yourself CAGiversary!   10104 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:40 AM

it was ok. sucks it ended so soon but from what i could tell of the game it didnt feel like what they were describing. the combat was ok . the run button should have been set to the L3 button its weird to hold jump to run. didnt like how all those gargoyles were "placed" conveiently all over the place it would have been better to be able to use the grappling hook or any of his other swinging devices on more surfaces. itll be interesting to see how its reviewed and what other bat items and moves are there to be used.

i agree with you crimson paw it should have been more like tenchu but maybe the best the game has to offer takes time to see didnt see much of him using the shadows though.

major positive though is they used the cartoon voices. mark hamill will always be my favorite joker.

#49 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3505 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:21 AM

I am on the fence with this game it reminds me a lot of the batman from Sega except you are able to use more gadgets. Probably a rent for me.

#50 guyjr   all code and no play CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

I don't expect this game to get less than a 9 / 10 out of any major advertiser supported review site - the hype-o-meter for this one is approaching epic proportions, so no matter what, it's going to shine. I'm counting on everyone here for honest unbiased feedback... as for my own opinion, based on the demo, it's probably $48 good (Amazon pre-order + coupon price), but definitely not $60. It definitely looks about as linear as a GoW or Halo game, would rather see some non-linear maps ala Bioshock, but the game really does shine with the combat and grappling hook action - really captures the spirit of the recent Batman movies well.

and OMG, is that all pre-rendered FMV during the cut scenes, or just the Unreal engine cranked up to an insane detail level? If that's what games will look like on the next-gen consoles... (I always use FMV to judge how good they'll look on the next round of hardware). Detail level in-game is pretty dang impressive on its own too.

#51 nbballard   glad you didnt say banana CAGiversary!   3231 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:53 PM

it was bothering me that Batman was using his "Bruce" voice most of the time... And the hookshot gargoyles were pretty bad.

Other than that I enjoyed it.

#52 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5117 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

I will check out the demo of this and if I do get the game it will be the second game for the PS3 I do get and that is only because of the Joker maps that are only on the PS3. I don't really want some of the stuff that comes with the LE but the extra game content would be nice however 100 bucks is not worth spending on this.

#53 Ecofreak   That's Ah Bingo!!! CAGiversary!   4109 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

I was left unsatisfied with the demo, but it's a demo. Just like Valkyria Chronicles, what we saw in the demo is but a micro-scratch for what the true game holds beneath. I'd understand people's hesitations if it were a straight-up FPS like Halo but this is a brawler + stealth + detective work with a supposedly robust upgrade/experience system.

All this demo verified is that it looks great on my 46" HD TV.

#54 Dasflikko   I want a cookie CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:02 PM

it was bothering me that Batman was using his "Bruce" voice most of the time... And the hookshot gargoyles were pretty bad.

Other than that I enjoyed it.

I thought the demo was pretty fun, but way too short. What a tease!!! :(

Also I noticed Conroy was doing his softer "Bruce" voice only when giving the player instructions on how to do stuff. I thought it was a great subtle difference in how he did that actually.

Agreed on the hookshot gargoyles though, hopefully the later parts of the game won't be so straightforward in how to approach taking down armed guards.

#55 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:43 PM

I enjoyed the demo. I played a bit at E3, but it was much more enjoyable in my own room and on my own set. It really gives a cinematic feel which I love and it makes me hope that little to no loading is a common trend for the rest of this generation.

Definitely a good game to rent.

#56 Shrapnellistic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Shrapnellistic

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:48 AM

Wish the camera wasn't over the shoulder while walking (only while aiming please).

#57 xsouthparkx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   548 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

xsouthparkx

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:58 AM

I'm buying it for the story. The gameplay doesn't really matter to me.
Does anyone know how long of a game this will be?

#58 Mad D   CAG lurker since 04 CAGiversary!   1212 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:06 AM

Does anyone know how long of a game this will be?

This link says 10 to 15, but another developer said 25.

I got a Gears of War flashback every time Batman would stop to walk slow and place he finger on his ear to talk on his head set. The character models that aren't villains look kind of awkward and stiff but the demo was fun. I'll pick it up eventually, especially because of the use the 90's voice actors.

#59 CrimsonPaw   Professional Cheapass CAGiversary!   2104 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

CrimsonPaw

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

Agreed on the hookshot gargoyles though, hopefully the later parts of the game won't be so straightforward in how to approach taking down armed guards.

OK, so I played the demo again and found that you can actually hookshot (or batline) onto the edges of railings and rooms. In the stealth part where you take out the guards, if you drop down and hold R1, it'll turn white on the parts you can hookshot to (much like Tenchu 2). Also, I was able to get on top of the building and hit triangle when a guard was under me to take him out. This helps increase my satisfaction of the demo.

I'll probably pick it up for $60 mainly because I want it to sell well enough to warrant a sequal set in the entire city of Gotham. I expect 8/10 or 8.5/10 reviews based on what I've played, hopefully I'm right.

#60 nbballard   glad you didnt say banana CAGiversary!   3231 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

I'll probably pick it up for $60 mainly because I want it to sell well enough to warrant a sequal set in the entire city of Gotham. I expect 8/10 or 8.5/10 reviews based on what I've played, hopefully I'm right.

no need. Check the deals forum- you should be able to get it off amazon for about 42.