- - - - -

BATMAN Arkham Asylum 2 - TBA price-TBA CE/LE TBA have a video Ships 1/3/2011

#211 Ecofreak   That's Ah Bingo!!! CAGiversary!   4109 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

The new DLC isn't much IMO. There are only two new challenges. The first is a freethrow challenge of endless enemies. The second is a new predator map that is pretty simple. I suppose free is free though.

It's sufficiently different to make the effort of downloading the Challenges worth it. I hate the lunatics, though!

#212 imascrub   Likes: Freesia | Jane | CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:49 AM

Just got my plat minutes ago as well huzzah

Does anybody remember at the end of the game when you beat it on normal
Spoiler

#213 Agrippan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:53 AM

^ I believe in the ending it's
Spoiler

#214 Magus8472   The Sudden Stop CAGiversary!   1408 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Magus8472

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

Just got my plat minutes ago as well huzzah

Does anybody remember at the end of the game when you beat it on normal

Spoiler

It randomly picks between one of the three available.
Spoiler

#215 farfus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:24 AM

Been loving this game for sure, i play between long bouts of MW lol, but its a super game, figure i will be replaying, also...

#216 imascrub   Likes: Freesia | Jane | CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:40 AM

Spoiler

ahh that's interesting
Spoiler

#217 Saint Noir   CinemaScope CAGiversary!   2104 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

Spoiler

That is awesome. I knew I saw
Spoiler

Edited by Saint Noir, 21 September 2009 - 05:13 PM.

#218 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

how? was it a glitch from the game.. or just your error?

it was my error not a glitch from the game

#219 nbballard   glad you didnt say banana CAGiversary!   3231 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:21 PM

That is awesome. I knew I saw

Spoiler

Spoiler

#220 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:06 AM

Did anyone else think this game was awfully short? I finished it in like 2-3 days, but that was doing only the Riddler Challenge trophies that I clearly saw lying around and not hunting for them actively. I also didn't try going back into previously inaccessible areas once I got the super batclaw(or whatever it's called)and the zip line thing.

Not a bad game, but definitely not worth more than the $27 I paid in GS credit.

#221 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:52 AM

i give the game a overall 7.5 out of 10

#222 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

Arg, missed 50K on Sewer Bat (Extreme) by 130 points :wall:. I'll have to remember that end combo on a ground pound tip.

Had fun with the game on hard, you definitely feel more immersed in the game when you don't have the "enemy attacking" indicator. Now I just need to finish off the challenges. That fight in the corridor before the party for the trophy is pretty intense I am surprised they didn't model a DLC challenge map after that.

For getting the perfect combo I usually begin the round with batclaw pull. If I mess up that combo, I start the next combo with a counter, punch and dodge and stun a bit. Before doing a batarang throw or a batclaw pull I typically dodge away from the group then immediately turn and fire and then follow up with another roll to make sure I have someone to punch in case I knocked everyone down with the 3 batarangs.

#223 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:44 AM

I don't think PS3 supports 16:10

#224 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:50 PM

Well don't know if it will help you but this is how I finished off the Rumble in the Jungle (extreme) and Shock and Awe (Extreme).

Shock and Awe (Extreme)-
Focus on milking for points in the first 2 rounds when you have more relative time. Go for the perfect combo, not getting hit, freeflow bonus, and ending on a ground pound when possible. In the 3rd round just worry about keeping your combo going for as long as possible and end it with a ground pound or a special move. Where I had trouble is I would have a decent point total, but run out of time on round 4. Whenever possible spam a couple of bat claws, follow through with a punch or two to activate the combo, then tap L1 to fling the tri-batarang, knocking as many thugs to the ground as possible. Go for a couple of ground pounds, dodge away, fire another bat claw, another punch(s) to keep/restart the combo, fling the tri-batarang again, and go for some more ground pounds.

Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme)
Milk the 1st and 3rd round with just thugs for as many points as you can. In the 2nd round where there is one Titan, throw the batarang to stun as he charges, beat up as many of the thugs as you can in a single combo (countering as needed) while punching back and forth between thugs and the stunned titan. With a decent multiplier start riding the titan, punching as many thugs as you can. As soon as he shakes you off, grab the first thug you can and aim a throw to the other side of the room, immediately follow through with a ground pound which should have you fly across the room after him and knock him out before any of the thugs have a chance to run over and punch you in the back, then end the combo. Repeat the process until you kill the titan.
Round 4 can be a really big round for points if you get lucky/time it right. Stun the first titan as he charges, dodge twice to the side and stun the 2nd as he charges, that will put some distance between them. Pick one titan and get a combo going on the thugs around it, bouncing between the two and start riding it. Hit as many as you can, and when you think you are getting close to being shaken off, waltz over and slap the other titan a few times to stun it. When you fall off, hit and dodge around thugs to get to the other downed titan, start riding it and repeat the cycle to keep the combo running. If you screw up and the other titan isn't stunned, go for a throw to the other side of the room, followed by a ground pound to end the combo.

#225 combatFlexo   Who are those guys? CAGiversary!   567 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

combatFlexo

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

Anyone having a problem with their PS3 freezing, I have the slim and just about everytime I quit my game through the main menu, then from the XMB my system will freeze up. It's a pain to have to pull the plug from the back every time, I miss the switch from my fat PS3.

Have yet to beat Batman yeah I feel its hard to get into the game, especially after playing uncharted 2. I should have played Batman first, I was excited, not so much now, I don't think the game lives up to hype.

#226 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

I seem to remember having problems with it freezing if I quit the game a certain way, it might be from the main menu. You might try quiting ingame by pressing the PS button and then selecting quit game from there.

#227 combatFlexo   Who are those guys? CAGiversary!   567 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

combatFlexo

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

Yeah that worked for me it seems like it doesn't freeze up when you us the PS button to quit the game.

#228 Saint Noir   CinemaScope CAGiversary!   2104 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:53 AM

Sequel announced at the VGAs. Nice!

#229 nbballard   glad you didnt say banana CAGiversary!   3231 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:23 AM

The models in that preview looked SOO much better than the originals.. The joker had hair that didn't look like it was made of sculpy!!!

#230 Ecofreak   That's Ah Bingo!!! CAGiversary!   4109 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

A user on GameTrailers found several clues to villains in the game (two of which we could easily guess).

http://forums.gametr...-reveals/981425

#231 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:14 PM

bump

#232 smiggity   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

You have the greatest thread titles

#233 icedrake523   Good News Everyone! CAGiversary!   3700 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

icedrake523

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

News on the GOTY edition

http://forums.eidosg...ad.php?t=102044

The Game Of The Year edition of Batman: Arkham Asylum due for release later this year will be playable in 3D on PS3 and Xbox 360.

That's according to an official ad for the game in India (which you can see below). The release will include Trioviz 3D technology, with two sets of 3D glasses included.

An accompanying release discloses that the Eidos title will also include six extra challenge maps, some of which have been available as DLC. These include:

* Scarecrow Nightmare Challenge Map: A combat map for expert players set in the Scarecrow's nightmarish world where players will need to fight against hordes of skeleton henchmen.

* Crime Alley Challenge Map: A combat map set in this iconic location from Gotham City that has been overrun by The Joker's henchmen.

* Totally Insane Challenge Map: A combat map set in the heart of Arkham Asylum where players will need to fight against waves of lunatics.

* Nocturnal Hunter Challenge Map: an Invisible Predator map where players will need to seize back control of the Prison Watchtowers from The Joker's henchmen.

The ad lists a late March release - but CVG understands this may have slipped. We'll check in with Eidos now.

Posted Image

#234 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

So basically game of the year edition is the challenge maps which were already available for free on PSN, the maps which were available as pre-order bonus, and 3D glasses. Shame they didn't spend the time implementing the ability to play through the campaign as joker (since they already had the character model and animations from the Joker challenge rooms) rather than spend it working on 3D, then it might have been worth buying.

#235 icedrake523   Good News Everyone! CAGiversary!   3700 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

icedrake523

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

The Crime Alley maps were exclusive to the Collector's Edition. So if you preordered that at GameStop, you already got everything in this.

#236 elessar123  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

So basically game of the year edition is the challenge maps which were already available for free on PSN, the maps which were available as pre-order bonus, and 3D glasses. Shame they didn't spend the time implementing the ability to play through the campaign as joker (since they already had the character model and animations from the Joker challenge rooms) rather than spend it working on 3D, then it might have been worth buying.

. o O (Still better than Left 4 Dead GOTY; at least this comes with 3D glasses)

#237 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5117 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

sucks it is only PS3 and 360.

#238 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

Pre-order Ships 1/3/2011

#239 nbballard   glad you didnt say banana CAGiversary!   3231 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

I wonder if this will include a 3D mode like the AA1 GOTY edition did.

#240 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

yeah maybe move too