For my next trick, OTT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a third member that's also ignored by default. It shouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to guess who it is.

Well I'm off to lunch, I'll be back to help anybody else in an hour or two.

Just for the sake of curiosity, wtf is it that i do that pisses so many of you off? I mean, i was attacked and insulted as soon as i posted here, wtf did i ever do to warrant such hostility?

DP does suck worst.....but then we have Wubb too, although he's been a little less outspoken.....

----

Guess who got fucked over for promotion today?

[quote name='Wolve11']DP does suck worst.....but then we have Wubb too, although he's been a little less outspoken.....

----

[quote name='JolietJake']Just for the sake of curiosity, wtf is it that i do that pisses so many of you off? I mean, i was attacked and insulted as soon as i posted here, wtf did i ever do to warrant such hostility?[/quote]

everyone gets harrassed when they first start posting in the OTT. tits or GTFO is like mandatory when new members post.
Then we have your cornyness which is self proclaimed...coupled with BOLD opinions...I guess people just get fed up with reading your stuff. Personally you've annoyed me a few times, but I don't mind your posts as much as I get annoyed by the likes of Puma and Nina.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']fuck dude. That sucks. :\[/quote]

The dude made some remarks about me which pertain nothing to the evaluated area for the day and I'll be bringing this up to 1SG who would've normally been the board member but he is on leave as well. Its one thing to make a statement about me being fucked up for my uniform for example, its another thing to talk shit about areas which are covered in other sections of the promotion process that hold no value in the current situation. Long story short, I want this dude's head and although I'm going to let people know how his comments were out of line, nothing is going to get done since he's a fairly senior guy.

[quote name='Wolve11']DP does suck worst.....but then we have Wubb too, although he's been a little less outspoken.....

----

Anyone stone didn't get to, I have stuff written up with links and file hosting, just PM me and I'll forward the info to you.

Also, it may look like the script fucks up and allows posts from listed users, but it doesn't -- it's because the javascript only works on page load and when the ajax refreshes without reloading the page, new posts by specified users slip through. Just refresh and they go bye bye.

[quote name='Wolve11']everyone gets harrassed when they first start posting in the OTT. tits or GTFO is like mandatory when new members post.
Then we have your cornyness which is self proclaimed...coupled with BOLD opinions...I guess people just get fed up with reading your stuff. Personally you've annoyed me a few times, but I don't mind your posts as much as I get annoyed by the likes of Puma and Nina.[/quote]
Eh, whatever. I'm hardly the only one here with bold opinions. It seems that i can't rag on everyone else like they do me, which is ass backwards.

But whatever, i'm hardly the most abrasive or offensive person here. I can't believe that corny jokes actually bother anyone that badly.

Honestly, Brak's noir shtick has worn a bit thin, but i'm still not bothered by it to the extent that i have ve to ginroe him over it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Anyone stone didn't get to, I have stuff written up with links and file hosting, just PM me and I'll forward the info to you.

Also, it may look like the script fucks up and allows posts from listed users, but it doesn't -- it's because the javascript only works on page load and when the ajax refreshes without reloading the page, new posts by specified users slip through. Just refresh and they go bye bye.[/quote]

Is it Greasemonkey, or something else?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']This is the OTT we've been waiting for? Shit...I told you guys to hit up Wubb, he had this shit down a couple months ago.[/quote]

W?bb is a bit of a prick. You think he'd honestly help people he holds grudges against and randomly infracts for arbitrary shit? I doubt it.

[quote name='JolietJake']Eh, whatever.[/quote]

Some personalities just don't mix. And if them ignoring you makes everything nicer for the both of you, so be it, right? I mean, I'll get annoyed with someone, put them on my Ignore List, then end up cleaning it out a few months later to give people 53rd chances... some get blocked again, some don't.

I didn't help out stoneface as a personal vendetta... I just like programming (gotta use my degrees for something) and if I can be helpful to someone, cool.

[quote name='JolietJake']How does their promotion system work anyway? What did you have to study?[/quote]

First you have to meet time requirements.
Then you get evaluated on your weapons score and physical fitness score
Then you get evaluated on your amount of awards, military education and civilian education.

All these sections you get points for and I maxed all but weapons and physical fitness.

Finally you attend a promotion board where you show up in your Class A uniform with all awards, ribbons etc. There they (the Sergeant Major and First Sergeants, although in my case a guy sitting in for the first sergeant) ask you a bunch of questions related to military subjects out of a 400 page studyguide.
If you do well on the board you get recommended for promotion.
In my case I was all dressed and about to go in when my sponsor was kicked out (he goes in before the recommended Soldier goes in).
I get told to go home.
My sponsor and my Company's board representative have had issues with each other before and for some reason they showed up in front of the board. The shitty thing is that I am currently on leave status and thought of this as an opportunity to be promoted next month because I have enought points to be promoted before the 30 other people that are currently recommended. It wasn't my sponsor who fucked up, it was the dude using past issues to find a way to screw me over.
So I decide not to take no as an answer and wait till all the other candidates went to talk to this guy. Then he starts going off about how I shouldn't be promoted because of some other bullshit. The funny thing is that he has no right to say that because he isn't evaluating me on that and he's got no say in whether or not I should attend in the first place.

Anyway /end rant.....you wanted to know how it works so I told you.

Interesting...I guess.

Yeah the Frank Catalanotto tab made me laugh though.

Edit: Wolve, my uncle got passed over for Chief Petty Officer...hope you get it next time man.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']W?bb is a bit of a prick. You think he'd honestly help people he holds grudges against and randomly infracts for arbitrary shit? I doubt it.

Some personalities just don't mix. And if them ignoring you makes everything nicer for the both of you, so be it, right? I mean, I'll get annoyed with someone, put them on my Ignore List, then end up cleaning it out a few months later to give people 53rd chances... some get blocked again, some don't.

I didn't help out stoneface as a personal vendetta... I just like programming (gotta use my degrees for something) and if I can be helpful to someone, cool.[/quote]

He offered his help when he had it working...I think he even specifically offered Brak help.

I agree that some personalities just don't mix and if this helps clear some of the recent hate that's being going on here...then I'm all up for it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']W?bb is a bit of a prick. You think he'd honestly help people he holds grudges against and randomly infracts for arbitrary shit? I doubt it.

I didn't help out stoneface as a personal vendetta... I just like programming (gotta use my degrees for something) and if I can be helpful to someone, cool.[/quote] I could compare the argument that you were just helping to something else, but it'd probably just piss someone off, so i won't. Needless to say, it still isn't right. You're just helping stone be an even bigger asshole towards me.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I really need to learn to write for that. Such a wonderful little toy.[/quote]

It's mostly DOM stuff with a bit of JS manipulation from what I've seen. You can use the @ meta tags to prepopulate fields for greasemonkey for your script (such as the domains it's intended for)...

This particular instance is a combination of 2 scripts stoneface sent me with some added code to glue them together and make them work properly.

I had a dream I took my brother and niece to school, then my alarm rang and I really took them to school. It was just like Groundhog Day only more cruel. It sucked ass feeling like I went through the motions of getting up with little sleep twice.

*looks at the 'Who's posted' link, sees StinkinLinkin's name*

*scrolls through the thread, doesn't see Stinkin's post*

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....Bliss!

:bouncy:

-------------------------

Motherfucker!

Can't use the Quick reply box. If ______Prime posts before you hit 'Post Quick Reply' button, you'll see it's post.

A word of advice: When replying click 'Go Advanced' to avoid this!

[quote name='JolietJake']Eh, whatever. I'm hardly the only one here with bold opinions. It seems that i can't rag on everyone else like they do me, which is ass backwards.

But whatever, i'm hardly the most abrasive or offensive person here. I can't believe that corny jokes actually bother anyone that badly.

Honestly, Brak's noir shtick has worn a bit thin, but i'm still not bothered by it to the extent that i have ve to ginroe him over it.[/quote]

There's been a few times where I've butted heads with people here, but usually I'm good with people. Its the same with you man. I've been silenced for what in my opinion was bullshit before too. I've been made fun of, and I will be made fun of as well. I can take it though. I'll make fun right back to them.

Its finding a harmony between going too far, thick skin and knowing the other people. If you surround yourself with people that you don't like then you are in the wrong place. I don't think that you should go, just keep in mind that like LP who gets ragged on all the time, he's a nice guy, just says some things from time to time that make us go "What the hell". Your gimmick is cornyness, and cause of the April Fools day and the annoyance of the cornyness you were silenced. It wasn't personal and it was funny, but you gotta be able to laugh about jokes being made about yourself as well from time to time.

Anyway. I'm gone, I'll be back later to check up on the OTT.

I've never put anyone here on my ignore list. Even people that I find annoying , I tend to either get some amusement out of their posts , or just put up with them.

It'd be interested to find out if anyone has me on their ignore list though.:whistle2:k

I didn't help out stoneface as a personal vendetta... I just like programming (gotta use my degrees for something) and if I can be helpful to someone, cool.[/quote]

But we're :cool:, right?

And Wubb is one helluva good Fantasy Football Co-Manager, even though he wanted to draft Steve Smith in each of the first 8 rounds. ;)

Hell, send me the thing when it's done, i might as well use it too if everyone seems to think it's ok. No sense in seeing anything by someone who's ignoring me.

[quote name='Eviltude']I can't believe that the tax on a loose pound of tobacco went up from just over $1 to just of $27. That's outrageous.[/quote]

Holly sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back