PC Problems..please help!

batman2million

CAGiversary!
Hey, I recently formated my other computer. Now the hard drive is clean, but whn it boots, it stops on "hyper thread tech.....Disabled"

thn whn i put the Recovery CD in, it'll move past the hyper thread part, start installing windows, thn whn it needs to restart for something, the whole things starts over.

can someone please tell me wht to do.

possible HT was accidenty disabled in bios...but you still shouldnt have probs...altough you are using a recovery cd...anyways brose your bios option and see if its disabled.

ok..i do that..but whn i install windows it asks to restart sometimes and whn i do..it tells me..press any key to boot from cd..and thn the whole installion starts again

Yeah, when you reboot, don't hit any key, let it boot as if windows is already installed. This is what i'm getting from your post. Excuse me if i misinterpreted. If this isn't it...double check your motherboard manual and bios settings. If all else fails do an f7 (optimized settings). if that fails do an f5 (failsafe settings) and if that fails reset the cmos. I'd do it in that order too. I've seen f5's require cmos resets.

[quote name='andyman53']Yeah, when you reboot, don't hit any key, let it boot as if windows is already installed. This is what i'm getting from your post. Excuse me if i misinterpreted. If this isn't it...double check your motherboard manual and bios settings. If all else fails do an f7 (optimized settings). if that fails do an f5 (failsafe settings) and if that fails reset the cmos. I'd do it in that order too. I've seen f5's require cmos resets.[/quote] good advice..

also OP are you using a winxp cd, or a recovery cd that came with the computer... example dell recovery, hp recovery disk etc.

[quote name='batman2million']recovery cd...[/quote]

the problem may be difficult to pinpoint, as recovery cd's are not standard... if your computer is under warrenty still, your best bet may be making a phone call to one of the tech support lines :(

bread's done
Back