Your Favorite Import Friendly Games

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Got the idea for this from the SNES import thread, but I wanted to expand the idea to other systems like Saturn or PS2. When I say import friendly I mean pretty much anything that can be enjoyed and understood without knowing much of the language. So no RPGs. Fighters, Puzzle, Shooters and maybe even some Action/Adventure games could fit the bill. And try to list games that never made it here, even in collections. So something like Real Bout 2 wouldn't make the cut. Remember:The more obscure the better.

Here's a few I own:

200805-11-110951-1.jpg

Groove on Fight - 2D fighter, This is part of the Power Instinct series. It's got an intersting cast of characters with some unique moves. Definitely doesn't feel like a clone of anything. However it requires a RAM cart.

200805-11-112424-1.jpg

Cyberbots - 2D Fighting, It's a Capcom fighter with giant robots. It plays a little diffrent than most 2D fighters. First you pick your pilot then your mech. This is the series that Jin (MvC) & Devilot (Puzzle FIghter) originate from.

466359-dungeons___dragons_collectio.jpg

Dungeons & Dragons: Collection - 2D Beat em' Up, You probably remember this from the good ol' Arcade days. Probably my favorite beat em' up ever. Sadly it never made it here. This collection which has both arcade games (Tower of Doom & Shadow Over Mysteria) can get a little pricey. My copy costed me $80 bones.

6913c0.jpg

Hokuto no Ken - 2D Fighter, Made by the Guilty Gear team so it plays similar to that. Fast, fun and high flying.

Berserk_PS2_JP-1_18c.jpg

Berserk - Pure Action, I loved this game. So simple yet extremly satisfying for some reason. You got a big ass sword and you hack n' slash through the entire game. Yeah it can get tedious, but it's a nice stress reliever. The boss battles are the best part of the game, they're so epic. This game captures the manga perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of making this thread or similar after reading the SNES import thread aswell. Love to see what you guys have to offer. I have a few but too lazy to look most of them up.

Gradius Gaiden: For all the Gradius and shmup fans. Pretty fun game, your typical Gradius, not much to understand other then shooting stuff. Menus basic enough to guide through and weapon choices are pretty obvious.

never knew the Guilty Gear crew made a Fist Of The Northstar game

geppyx.jpg

Geppy-X was an awesome shooter for the PSX that was framed in one kick ass way: each level was setup like an episode of an anime out of the 70's. Sure, you miss out on the story but its an experience that should not be missed. Awesome awesome game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gj5RjBD10o

lbfront.jpg

Sure, the second Last Blade made its way over here but the first one was better IMO. I use to own with Lee Rekka ( a videogame version of Jet Li's Wong Fei Hung from Once Upon A Time In China series.....awesome).

I remember playing the D&D Tower of Doom Arcade game, very fun. Would definetly want to get my hands on a copy of that import someday.

ahaha Nice dude!

*Actually I prefer the CAVE pcb's than the ports but there both very good ports and way cheaper than the pcb's.

Nice list Rodimus, I own some of those and they are great. Except D+D which pissed me off because I couldn't read the story.
You chump Cave fanboys make me sick. Try playing some REAL shmups for a change. JK, I like Cave a little too. :)

T-10627G_1,,Sega-Saturn-Screenshot-1-Battle-Garegga-JPN.jpg

batsugun.jpg

I know that Toaplan employees later went to cave so don't complain!
batrider.png

GOD why couldn't this game have came out for the Saturn?
7662l.jpg

I have some import fighting /wrestling for saturn, snes . i got Fighter History 2 for saturn which the last game i got for cheap price. It great game Want to get Groove on Fight - too for long time for for cheap price. but got many games to play .

3435990268_47c88727ea_m.jpg

3435184951_5594475f49_m.jpg

ImportGames

gmNtoKNXpAb9S90QdTbOXA

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='depascal22']

I went with Waku Waku 7. Can't get more obscure than that.[/quote]

Did you ever find a copy of this? I know you were looking for one. Without resorting to eBay I've yet to find one.

[quote name='Rodimus']Did you ever find a copy of this? I know you were looking for one. Without resorting to eBay I've yet to find one.[/quote]

dv8mad came through for me. Traded a couple Blu-Rays for it. Probably one of the best deals I made on CAG in a long time.

I hate to admit that I was slightly disappointed by it. I think the quest for it was most of the fun. Now that I have it, I'm looking for another super obscure Saturn import to hunt down.

DreamMixTVWorldFightersgamecubetruc.png

Dream Mix TV World Fighters - 2D/3D Fighting: If you never heard of this little crazy game it's pretty much a Smash Bros knockoff, but instead of Nintendo it's characters from Hudson, Takara & Konami. So you get characters like Solid Snake, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Optimus Prime, Megatron, & Yugo from Bloody Roar. It's not as good as Smash but it's still fun to have Megatron transform into a Walter P-38 and blast Licca-chan in the ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYCKq3q_jeY

[quote name='Rodimus']
DreamMixTVWorldFightersgamecubetruc.png

Dream Mix TV World Fighters - 2D/3D Fighting: If you never heard of this little crazy game it's pretty much a Smash Bros knockoff, but instead of Nintendo it's characters from Hudson, Takara & Konami. So you get characters like Solid Snake, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Optimus Prime, Megatron, & Yugo from Bloody Roar. It's not as good as Smash but it's still fun to have Megatron transform into a Walter P-38 and blast Licca-chan in the ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYCKq3q_jeY[/quote]
I have this game

I would also like to add in addition to list Tatsunoku vs. Capcom (Wii), Jump! Superstars on (DS), and Naruto fighting games for Gamecube..:cool:

Samurai Deeper: Kyo - 2D Fighting, Based on the Manga/Anime. I got into the manga a few years ago so I was interested to see how this played. It's probably one of the simplest & easiest 2D fighters to play. Only a few attack buttons and supers are done by simply pressing weak attack & hard attack at the same time. There's assist characters like MvC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZKfLmFPE7U

Gunner's Heaven - 2D Action Shooter, A very early PS1 game that plays similar to Gunstar Heroes & Metal Slug. Colorfull 2D sprites and classic gameplay. Only one complaint, no co-op, one-player only. Regardless this game is a must. I think it's done by the same people who did the orginal Wild Arms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9AppT3qtd8

dont think anyone mentioned ikaruga on dreamcast! No real text to the game so easy to get through. I guess its a little irrelevant since its now on xbla.

Asuka 120% Burning Fest. Limited -- Halfway decent Saturn fighter. All girl cast. Only con is that it only has two attack buttons.

X-men vs. Streetfighter and Marvel Superheroes vs. Streetfighter

Yeah, they got US PSX ports but those suck. On the Saturn with the 4mb RAM cart, the games are amazing. Until I got addicted to WoW for like 18 months, the Saturn version of X-men vs. SF was probably my single most-played videogame of all time.

[quote name='Halo05']X-men vs. Streetfighter and Marvel Superheroes vs. Streetfighter

Yeah, they got US PSX ports but those suck. On the Saturn with the 4mb RAM cart, the games are amazing. Until I got addicted to WoW for like 18 months, the Saturn version of X-men vs. SF was probably my single most-played videogame of all time.[/quote]

I agree with this man 100%. These games are still the best fighters on the planet.

How about this bad boy?
assault_suit_leynos.jpg

Come to think of it, I have hundreds of dollars worth of import Saturn games in my drawer I need to play. :roll:

bread's done
Back