MLB 09: The Show - Walk Up and HR Music Sound Packs

n8rockerasu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Since a lot of guys have picked up the game recently, I'm posting this here for anybody who might want to use it. It's gone through a couple revisions, but the newest set of walk up music is version 3.1. Enjoy!

UPDATE: ADDED JOHN STERLING NYY HR MUSIC

I put together these clips of John Sterling's 8 current HR calls for Yankee players (Cabrera_Damon_Nady, Cano_Posada_Rodriguez, and Jeter_Matsui) with one of the Yankee Stadium HR songs behind them. Definitely a special treat for any Yankee fan. Hope you guys like them!

MLB 09 NYY HR Music + John Sterling

http://n8rockerasu.podbean.com/
(there's a download link under each set of clips)

UPDATE: PIRATES FIX/MINOR TWEAKS VER 3.1 NOW UP!!!

All right, I'm starting to wonder if these clips will ever be done. Granted, this revision isn't anything major, but hopefully it appeases the masses. Here's what you get in Ver 3.1:

*** Pirates files ARE FIXED. The bitrates have been converted to the standard 44100Hz 128kbps, so hopefully the PS3 won't freak out trying to play them anymore. I've tested them myself. They work perfectly in the Music Editor, and play perfectly in the game.

*** Closers now have awesome crowd roar behind them! Closing out a winning ballgame should be the most exciting part of the game. Now it is! This was something that just felt missing to me, and I really love what it adds. Yankee fans, check out that Rivera clip now! (My apologies to Mariners fans. There was no music for Corcoran to begin with, so I had nothing for him)

*** Some closers now have longer intros. I really only did songs that are so great, they deserved to be at least 30 seconds. These players intros have been altered: Papelbon, Soria, Fuentes, Lidge (cut to 30 sec), Hoffman, Broxton.

*** The "Marker Guide" has been updated to reflect new start times for files the above named players are in.

All right, that's it. I HOPE this takes care of everything. I feel like I've done almost everything I possibly can, short of recompiling the entire pack and recutting all the songs. Needless to say...I'm not doing that, haha. This should be good enough. Enjoy!!!

Real Player Walk Up Music Ver. 3.1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QKQMINFQ

UPDATE: REAL PLAYER WALK UP MUSIC VER 3.0!!!

The third time's the charm right? After taking a couple days off from the madness, I decided to venture back into my Walk Up Music pack to see how easy it would be to add 10 seconds of silence between each clip to eliminate the bleed in issues. It was actually much easier than I expected. So, now I'm uploading a Ver 3.0 of my Real Player Walk Up Music, which features the following changes:

*** 10 seconds of silence between every clip! That's right. No more bleed in! Some of the clips were so short, they actually needed more than 10 seconds of silence, but I made sure that the beginning of each clip was more than 20 seconds apart.

*** I added a "Marker Guide" for each folder (Groups of 3, Extra Players, Starting Pitchers) in .htm format. This should GREATLY help people with placing their markers in the Music Editor (just make sure you sort BY SONG). You'll understand what I mean when you see it. Just follow the instructions. PRINT THAT THING OUT!!!

*** A minor upgrade, some of the first clips had too much silence at the beginning, so I clipped them to make them a bit tighter. Now they'll start as soon as your hitter approaches the plate.

All right, I think that's it. This SHOULD be the final version of my song pack (I pray). I realize many of you have probably set your markers already, but hopefully the things I've added will make everything easier and more enjoyable.

Real Player Walk Up Music Ver. 3.0

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4GI2QEO1

UPDATE: ADDED HR MUSIC

These clips are grouped in 3's with 10 seconds of silence between each clip. There are 9 files in total, so that should work nicely with the 230 from my Real Player Walk Up pack..and even leave room for one more! How bout that?

HR Music (Amplified and Grouped in 3s)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BZXWR8A1

UPDATED TO 2.0

I decided to upload a 2.0 version of these files because I've made a few changes, and I was informed that the Pirates music didn't really work. Here's what I've done:

*** Moved MOST Starting Pitchers to a separate folder titled "STARTING_PITCHERS". Granted, I didn't have pitchers grouped by "starter" and "reliever", but pretty much any file that had 2 starter clips and 1 reliever clip got moved. I removed 54 files in total, which leaves us with a total of 230 (216 in "Groups of 3" + 14 in "Extra Players")...the perfect amount to have in anticipation of the HR Celebration Pack.

Obviously, everybody may not agree with the 54 I chose to remove (some teams I really just didn't care about), but at least it gives people a starting point. If you want a file from the "STARTING_PITCHERS" folder on your list, just swap it with a different file. My main goal here was just keeping it under 240, so I'd have room for HR music.

*** Fixed Pirates music. These were recorded in mono and didn't translate very well to the game. They gave me problems when I was editing them, so I'm not surprised this happened. I resampled them in stereo, so they should be fine now.

For anybody having trouble using the music editor and adding starting markers to the tracks in the game, here's the best instructions I could come up with.

Go into "Music Editor" (it's under "Sounds of the Show"). On the left side, you'll see your playlist. On the right side, you'll see little colored arrows that say "Marker 1", "Marker 2", and "Marker 3". They have time codes next to them. You'll ALWAYS want "Marker 1" to say 0:00:00.

Highlight marker 2 and use the L2 and R2 to move it to the beginning of the 2nd clip in your group of 3 (You can press X to listen to the clip, and press Square to drop the marker close the the appropriate spot. Then use L2/R2 to fine tune it). Repeat this process with Marker 3 for the beginning of clip #3. When you're done, move on to the next file, rinse, and repeat.

Real Player Walk Up Music Ver. 2.0

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XQQLO6FT

VERSION 1.0

Well, I FINALLY finished my "grouping project". I wanted to organize the clips in a way that was both sensible in terms of the game, and in terms of what people would want. The clips are arranged in divisional order, starting with the AL East - AL West, and then the NL East - NL West. This is the exact format you're given when editing the rosters in The Show.

Hopefully, that provides for a bit easier implementation. Each team is given its own number (01 = BAL, 02 = BOS, 03 = NYY, etc.) and the players are grouped by pitcher and batter within their team listing. I wanted to do this to give people as much flexibility as possible. Now, you can do all hitters, all pitchers, favorite teams, division, league, etc. As I mentioned, I boosted the volume for every clip that needed it, so everything comes through nice and loud now.

After you download the file, unzip it, and copy the main folder to your flash drive. Once you've got it in your PS3, highlight your flash drive, and press Triangle. Then select, "display all". This will allow you to view the individual folders inside. The "Groups of 3" folder is where most of the players are. Copy this folder to your PS3's hard drive. Since most teams didn't have an even number of clips divisible by 3, there were some left over players on each team. These extra players can be found in the...you guessed it, "Extra Players" folder. Copy that folder to your PS3 hard drive. The final folder is just some players that had music that have either retired or are still free agents. I haven't done anything with these files, but I included them, so they're available in case any of those guys sign.

Once you have everything copied to your PS3, go into the game. Select the "My MLB Music" option, and add the files to your custom playlist. You're still limited to 240 files, but now that number gets you three times as far. Once you've done this, now comes the boring part. You have to go into "Sounds of the Show" and select "Music Editor". Now, select one of your tracks and drop the 2nd and 3rd markers at the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd clips of the file. It's a tedious process, but it'll get quicker once you get the hang of it. Even so, I'd recommend doing only one or two teams a day so you don't get sick of it. The good news is, none of this is tied to a roster, so once you do it...IT'S DONE!

Once you've added your markers, go back and select "Edit Players". Find your team, select your player, and press R1 until you get the music options page. From here, you can change the walk up music, homerun music, and reliever music. Select the appropriate option, and be sure to pick the correct starting marker for the player you're editing. Do as many players/teams as you'd like, and have a blast with it! (And don't forget to check the "Extra Players" folder for any players you may be missing!) Having these songs for all these players makes the game much more enjoyable to me.

My only gripes about the pack is that a few of the clips are so short, that when you group them, you get some bleed in from the next song. There's really only a couple songs like that though, so it's not a huge problem...just mildly annoying. Also, I wish we would have had a player song database so we could cross reference which players use the same music. This would have allowed us to include more players, by sharing clips among them. I actually attempted to do this myself, but with 900 players to keep track of, it just became way too cumbersome. I'm really nitpicking with those issues though, as the overall pack is great! I hope you guys enjoy it!

Real Player Walk Up Music Ver. 1.0

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q29WAAUY

Thanks again for your hard work. I tried out a few for the Indians from the previous release you put on OS. I'll be cranking all the teams out I can when Knight releases his rosters.

Hi there. Thank you for all of your hard work putting these sounds together. I was hoping that you could help me in getting them to work on my PS3. I followed your instructions, but for some reason my PS3 is not recognizing my flash drive. Any suggestions?

[quote name='Shammy5150']Hi there. Thank you for all of your hard work putting these sounds together. I was hoping that you could help me in getting them to work on my PS3. I followed your instructions, but for some reason my PS3 is not recognizing my flash drive. Any suggestions?[/quote]

It's not recognizing your flash drive at all? Or it's not showing the folders/files on it? If it's just not showing the folders/files, it's because you have to press "triangle" and then "display all". Then you can copy the folders. If it's not recognizing your flash drive at all, try reformatting it. That's all I've got for ya man. Good luck.

For seem reason, my PS3 is not recognizing the flash drive. I'm using a regular 1GB flash drive and am plugging it into the front of the PS3 (where you recharge your controller). Should the flash drive be formatted in a certain way?

[quote name='Shammy5150']For seem reason, my PS3 is not recognizing the flash drive. I'm using a regular 1GB flash drive and am plugging it into the front of the PS3 (where you recharge your controller). Should the flash drive be formatted in a certain way?[/quote]

I'm not really sure. Maybe try googling it, and see what you can come up with. I've got a 60GB PS3, with the media card slots, so I just use an SD card in mine.

Hi,

That is an awesome download, thanks. I have 1 question, I copied the songs on my PS3 now how do it edit so I can tell which one of the 3 songs per MP3 I am going to use for each specific player. It is not letting me choose the start point and end point when I am in the edit player mode. I think I am doing something wrong.

Thanks again

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']This pack is awesome! I've got a question for you, though: I understand that walk-up music is saved to the roster file itself, so that if I switch rosters I'm going to have to re-assign everything.

What I'm wondering, though, is whether the song markers are saved to your settings or your roster file.

In other words.. let's say I went through and assigned three marks for all three songs. Every time I use a new roster, would I have to just re-assign the songs, or would I have to re-assign the songs AND re-do the markers?

I kind of think the markers are saved in your profile or game settings instead of the rosters, but I'm wondering if you knew definitively.[/quote]

Yeah, it's definitely somewhere in there (not with the rosters). I do know for a fact that people who have had problems with the new patch (some people had their franchises crashing and all kinds of other crazy crap), who then deleted the "game data" folder in an effort to "uninstall" the patch, lost all their music markers.

I don't know the exact file it's in, but maybe a way to tell would be to move the individual files one at a time to a thumbdrive, and check to see when your markers disappear. Like, first try the game settings, then maybe your profile, etc. Maybe this way you could pinpoint its location without losing anything. That's my only idea anyway, haha.

I sent you a pm on operation sports, but see you are communicating here.

First, I wanted to say thank you for putting all of the walkup music together. It's working great for me. I have a list of some new walkup songs for the Twins that I was hoping you could put together for me. NBD if you can't. Here's a link where I found them.

http://www.alright-hamilton.com/2009...usic-2009.html

Denard Span- Swagga Like Us by TI and Jay-Z
Brendan Harris- Bawitdaba by Kid Rock and Faint by Linkin Park
Brian Buscher- Shoot to Thrill by AC/DC
Joe Crede- For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica
Jason Kubel- Shout at the Devil by Motley Crue and Sabatoge by Beastie Boys
Justin Morneau- T.N.T by AC/DC
Nick Punto- Thriller by Michael Jackson
Delmon Young- Show me my Opponent by Lil Wayne
Michael Cuddyer- The Champ by Whiskey Falls and Cutty Buddy by Goody Mob
Mike Redmond- We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off by Jermaine Stewart

user_online.gif

[quote name='airness007']Great work man! Any way to update ARods new music? He comes up the part where Jeezy or whatever his name comes in.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5vL8lgNEBA

it debut'ed last night, for Arods 1st home game of the season

I am trying to do it myself, but I am horrible at it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was at that game. Just got back from NYC tonight. Alex didn't do much, but seeing a Jeter home run, an inside the parker from Gardner, and a walk off by Melky made for one hell of a night.

I might redo a few of the songs, but not many since I've already started my franchise and RttS. I'll see what I can do though.

amazing work the guys at Virtualsportsnetwork.com put me onto your file. I just got the show today.

ThANK you thank you thank you

bread's done
Back