CAG NHL 09 League 2.0- Opening Day: Play 3 games by Friday, the 24th.

moojuice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
This Page Under Construction. Please Excuse Our Dust. Thank You.
-Management

cagnhl.jpg

"League 2.0 will be better than sliced bread."
-Sylvester Stallone

"Agreed."
-Will Smith

"Ditto."
-Bill Cosby

"Excellent."
-Bill and Ted
Welcome to the CAG NHL 09 League Thread.

The Rules:

Each team plays each team twice. Three games are to be played per week, with weeks beginning and ending on Friday. It is your own responsibility to find another team to play.

Each team will be given one "grace" week. Extensions for uncontrollable situations will be given on a case by case basis by a review committee. Violation of schedule will result in immediate removal from the league.

Playoff Series are Best of 5.

News:

4-13-2009:
[quote name='Will Smith']
Shit just got real[/quote]
Invites are out. We are go.

4-8-2009 (updated 4-13-2009):
Please post here to verify your participation in this league. The following is also the team draft order (Management reserves the right to change the order). All new applicants will be placed at the end of the list.

Vulcan7905 (New Jersey)
N8rocker82 (Calgary)
Matt Young (Los Angles)
Captain OBVIOU5 (Team TBA)
ShadyMarino (Japan!?!)
Moojuiced (Colorado)
DestroVega (Vancouver)
Mr. Hockey66 (Pittsburgh)
Wpark83 (Chicago)
TalonCarde (Dallas)
CravinTacoBell (Anaheim)
WeavSho (Boston)
Jello01 (Washington)
Ajh2298 (San Jose)
Azumangaman (Nashville)
ChunkyB (Montreal)

Last edited by a moderator:
wtf, I took a print screen of a thread, used the eye dropper tool to take the background color, made that the background color of the image, uploaded it, made thread, and BAM, it doesn't match. And there's a stupid border. Screw you Illustrator or Imageshack.

Actually, I said in the other thread. I'm not taking the Pens. I'm letting another Pens lover take them as I got to use them once already. But If I do get first pick....I will be picking......TIGER WOODS! Oh wait wrong draft pick. :p

Devils if possible. But things can change down the road.

Wait, I finished behind everyone but Nate and Gary. Why am I picking so late, even after Wpark? That's pretty stupid.

Regardless, I'm in.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Devils if possible. But things can change down the road.[/quote]

If you have first pick...how can things change? lol..I'm confused. Don't feel bad for taking somebody elses team. All's fair in love and hickey!!!

yes I did ;)

I think I'd like the Flames this go round. I'd like to try flaming it up all season. Should be a good time for all.

Well, They always can. We always change stuff. I don't know Nate! lol. Well I'm not Greedy so I'm gonna try another Team anyways. Are we ruiling out the Red Wings this league?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Well, They always can. We always change stuff. I don't know Nate! lol. Well I'm not Greedy so I'm gonna try another Team anyways. Are we ruiling out the Red Wings this league?[/QUOTE]

This is just my 2 cents, but I see no reason to rule out teams. Surely, playing as a more highly rated team can help you out, but it's not the deciding factor in the outcome of a game. I'd probably play worse with a team other than the Kings... Their ratings are shit in this game, but almost every loss I suffered came by 1 goal, including both games I played against Wpark's Red Wings. It helps to be familiar with your personnel and be able to take advantage of your team's strengths.

[quote name='Matt Young']This is just my 2 cents, but I see no reason to rule out teams. Surely, playing as a more highly rated team can help you out, but it's not the deciding factor in the outcome of a game. I'd probably play worse with a team other than the Kings... Their ratings are shit in this game, but almost every loss I suffered came by 1 goal, including both games I played against Wpark's Red Wings. It helps to be familiar with your personnel and be able to take advantage of your team's strengths.[/quote]

I concur. I think that's kind of the whole point of allowing the suckier players (like myself) to have the top picks. If we're not allowed to pick from the best teams, what's the point? And in the same token, how Wpark played with the Red Wings is not indicative of how anybody else would play with them. If you want be down with Hossa, I say be down with Hossa.

Well, keep in mind that I should be grouped in the "sucky" category as well, since I only finished ahead of you and Vulcan (which is why I also questioned the draft order). But the main reason I'm replying- CHECK YOUR PM'S, NATE! :p

of course im in. Its all in the name Mr_hockey66

mr chuck norris himself the one the only missssssstttttttttttttterrrrrrrrrrrr hiiiiiiiiiiccccccccckkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy! hickey! is in

my xbox is being sent in to the good ole repair center. I'll be down till probably next week though. I'll let you know what team I'll take if my box isnt back and it my turn to pick.

Matt should be before parks though in the pick order though

I'm in! I'd take the Bruins if nobody else grabbed them ahead of me, but I'll be happy with whatever dregs are left by the time I'm picking. Then I'll at least have a convenient excuse for why I never score.

hey Moo, we should also divide 3 games a week by # of teams in the league and create a deadline date for all games to be finished right from the start. People should stay on track with that sort of thing.

Matt: My bad. I took the order straight from the list I saw on the league screen, and then added people from memory from the list. Forgot to bump you up

Destro: According to Mr. Hockey, Sean isn't. I'll come up with a concrete deadline once the number of teams is set.

Everyone: Don't forget, Captain Obvious is away for a week or so. We'll pick teams for now in the interest of time. But once he gets back, if he want's anyone's team that picked after him, he gets it. If it's any indication, he picked Edmonton last season. Mr. Hockey's Xbox is out of service, but since he is still in contact with CAG, he can still pick. If you don't get your xbox back in time for the league start, you'll get a free bye-week.

Feel free to start posting your picks. I'll edit, sort, etc. when I get back from work/school tonight.

I'm in. Though if it would seem fair to everyone, I won't mind taking the last pick of teams. I don't find it fair that I get to pick before the new guys do.

It's cool, Mooj... I was just wondering why I was picking so late.

Are Vulcan and Nate's picks official? If so, I pick the Kings, obviously.

This league will probably be easier too if everybody is on everybodys friends lists. That way you can see if some one is on line not just in nhl.

chunky is not playing as well?

I want Team Japan... ;)

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Mr. Hockey you can have the Pens...and if we are just doing NHL teams only, then I'll roll with the Coyotes

your turn moo

ne1 not on my list please send me a friend request. xbox is down but As soon as I get it i'll approve it.

it would be kinda neat to have the east verus the west coasters. East can only pick east teams etc. Then do like a true playoff series. A west playoff and an east playoff then the winners meet in the cup. That would help cut back some games too. Only play your side.

This may be a little harder season to get games in. We have a lot of west coasters joining this season. Might mean some late/early games for some of us so we can get in with the other guys

I will add everyone today/tomorrow. I'm central time zone, so if we decide to do an east/west thing I can be like a wild card and go either way.

[quote name='taloncarde']I'm in! Are we posting the teams we want here (I know Obvious technically goes first) or via PM?[/quote]

Huh, thought I replied to your post, but upon reading the thread, I guess I didn't. Go ahead and start posting your picks. If someone ahead of you posts the same team, well, you'll have to pick another. The OP is updated as of Mr. Hockey's pick.

And Wpark, it's your call if you want to stay in your spot or not. The way I see it, you get to be above the new people because you are a returning player (kinda like seniority I guess). But then again, if no one picks who you want, it doesn't really matter to begin with.

I had decided not to do this league, and now I'm being tempted the other way (I guess I lied Mr. Hockey). Today's my last day of classes, so maybe I will be able to make time for a little hockey now and then.

I'll take the Canadiens if no one has them yet.

Welcome back Chunky. Cravin, please post a team.

Alright everyone OP updated. I'll try to get everything set up sometime tonight. If not, tomorrow night for sure.

with the amount of people we have and a 3 games per week aim, everyone should have their games done around June 21st... we might wanna make that a deadline right from the jump to keep everyone ahead of the game...

I might be on after like, 9/10 cst, if anyone wants to play some practice games (or if everything is official by then)

Just a heads up, if I do get things set up tonight, it won't be until 10 EST at the earliest. Once I do get the league set up, check your PM's for the league password.

[quote name='moojuice']Just a heads up, if I do get things set up tonight, it won't be until 10 EST at the earliest. Once I do get the league set up, check your PM's for the league password.[/quote]

It's all good. Just let me know Alan.

damn you broken xbox! Thats allright I normally knock my games out pretty quick. Well were are still waiting for co though so lest I won't be too far behind.

Yeah, it won't officially start until Friday (so Destro, I believe the deadline should be the Friday of that week, the 26th. Or would it be the 19th?), but feel free to get ahead of schedule.

Keep in mind though, if C.O's team is taken, we're gonna have to start from scratch.

Setting up the league now, PM's soon.

Returning Members/People on my Friends List: You should have a league invite in your player hub. I'll also send PM's just incase. Make sure the league name is "CAG Two Point O", not "CAG" which is the old league. I may have sent out an invite or two to the wrong league.

Otherwise, PM's will be out within minutes.

bread's done
Back