Just got my fiirst Xbox, now I need games!

punkmaggit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
240 (100%)
Games, and one of those little adapters for the s-controller. WTF? Why is there an adapter to plug it into the fucking console?

Anyways, I've already got these:

Fable
GunValkyrie
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Phantom Dust
Prince of Persia (the first of the trilogy)

Any of the exclusives that warrant playing? (No, I'm not picking up Halo)

Ninja Gaiden Black is freakin' awesome.

I heard Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is very good, but I can't play my copy on the 360.

Jade Empire is solid, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is a must.

Jet Set Radio Future for sure, that was a true exclusive. Rallisport Challenge 2 also rocks.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Ninja Gaiden Black is freakin' awesome.

I heard Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is very good, but I can't play my copy on the 360.

Jade Empire is solid, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is a must.

Jet Set Radio Future for sure, that was a true exclusive. Rallisport Challenge 2 also rocks.[/quote]

Ninja Gaiden Black = Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3), right? I'd just as soon play it in 720p. Thanks though.

Yeah, I've got to get a copy of Jet Set Radio Future and maybe Oddworld. Thanks!

[quote name='punkmaggit']Games, and one of those little adapters for the s-controller. WTF? Why is there an adapter to plug it into the fucking console?
[/QUOTE]

I was designed as a break-away so your whole console won't crash to the ground when some asshole trips over the controller cord .

Get PGR 2 it's great, and dirt cheap used .

Shenmue 2 if you missed out on the original pal release for the DC (you bought the only two games I would want to an xbox today...which is Panzer and GunValkyrie)

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (unless you are going to get the newly released Assault on Dark Athena title)
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Rallisport Challenge 1 & 2
Forza Motorsports
Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2
Midtown Madness Racing 3
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Star Wars Battlefront I & II

Those are a few favorites that come to mind.

These are my Fav games listed in order in each catagory:

RPGs-
1. Jade Empire
2. Fable TLC
3. KotoR
4. ES III Morrawind

Shooters -
1. Rainbow 6 3
2. Halo C.E.
3. Halo 2

Fighting Games -
DOA Ultimate

Adventure -
PoP Sands of Time

Action-
Otogi
GTA Vice City
Ninja Gaiden

Jade Empire is my fav Xbox game of all time. You can get it for like $3 on Ebay. I also have a complete/mint one for trade. PM if interested.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Games, and one of those little adapters for the s-controller. WTF? Why is there an adapter to plug it into the fucking console?[/quote]

Adapter? I think you mean the breakaway cord. It's designed so in case you pull the controller too far, the cord pops off and the console doesn't fall. With the weight, it works pretty well (my friend and I tested it out on his "Amped-Box" (it only played Amped... as it went through a flood). And also with the weight... you don't want that console crashing through stories of your house/apartment as it would likely end up in the basement. ;) I believe the Dukes have these as well, I'm just too lazy to find mine. Granted, most people just view them as something to lose.

As for games...

Morrowind, as mentioned, if you don't PC game and haven't played it, it's a great RPG. Way better than Fable, imo. I haven't played the GOTY addons, but these are apparently well worth it (I got my copy for $3)

Amped and Amped 2 are fun if you like extreme sports even a little. They both have really in-depth soundtracks and if you can find a GS with XBox games left, they should only be like .99 or 1.99. They're nowhere near as advanced as Tony Hawk. Most of my friend's aren't big on Tony Hawk (well, to be fair, they used to be some until I absolutely destroyed them in stringing together combos), but they both enjoy Amped.

Oh, and not an exclusive, but if you don't mind rap music and like fighting games... Def Jam: FFNY is fun, although sorta short. It was made by AKI: who did the awesome N64 WCW/WWF games. It also features DANNY TREJO.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Ninja Gaiden Black = Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3), right? I'd just as soon play it in 720p. Thanks though.
[/quote]

Isn't Ninja Gaiden 720p on the orginal xbox?? Even if it isn't it still is an awesome looking game!! And hard as hell...

Also, for racing games I would recommend the Fanatec racing wheel for the xbox, it's awesome! You can find it pretty cheap on ebay. I got one for like $30 last year and it really adds to the realism. It's totally configurable, way more than the xbox 360 wireless wheel.

[quote name='koolmoj']Isn't Ninja Gaiden 720p on the orginal xbox?? Even if it isn't it still is an awesome looking game!! And hard as hell...
[/quote]
480p I think, but yeah it looks great.

Heh, me and the fiance just found a still functioning xbox in her parent's house. After cleaning up the dog piss and 1/4in layer of caked on dust, we fired it up for some Halo goodness (though I could play that on my 360).

I've been dying to play Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath for the longest time, and having set foot in a GStop for the first time in a year, I noticed that they're doing 1/4 off original xbox games. Looks like it's Gawd's sign that I should work on my Xbox collection.

I'm just currently browsing around to unearth a complete Black, an elusive Conker Live and Reloaded, Armed and Dangerous, and probably a Complete Jade Empire Limited Edition (but I heard the PC version is the definitive one to get), then I should be set for a while.

If you don't have this on another system: Sonic Mega Collection Plus. It is worth the $10 or whatever it is now for 13 Sonic games, plus a few other extras.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']Heh, me and the fiance just found a still functioning xbox in her parent's house. After cleaning up the dog piss and 1/4in layer of caked on dust, we fired it up for some Halo goodness (though I could play that on my 360).

I've been dying to play Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath for the longest time, and having set foot in a GStop for the first time in a year, I noticed that they're doing 1/4 off original xbox games. Looks like it's Gawd's sign that I should work on my Xbox collection.

I'm just currently browsing around to unearth a complete Black, an elusive Conker Live and Reloaded, Armed and Dangerous, and probably a Complete Jade Empire Limited Edition (but I heard the PC version is the definitive one to get), then I should be set for a while.[/quote]

Jade EMpire on PC is a visual knockout; it's widescreen and of course HD. But the game itself isn't much different from Xbox. I enjoyed it myself although a lot of hardcore Bioware fans were disappointed.

[quote name='momouchi']If you don't have this on another system: Sonic Mega Collection Plus. It is worth the $10 or whatever it is now for 13 Sonic games, plus a few other extras.[/quote]

I heard that the Mega Collection is pretty rare in itself (atleast, the one bundled with Super Monkey Ball Deluxe). A Definite buy for the value.

@Richard Longfellow: Yeah, I've been looking at getting the PC version from Steam, unless I get a really good deal on an unopened physical disk. I'll start shopping around after I get my next paycheck or something.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']I heard that the Mega Collection is pretty rare in itself (atleast, the one bundled with Super Monkey Ball Deluxe). A Definite buy for the value.

@Richard Longfellow: Yeah, I've been looking at getting the PC version from Steam, unless I get a really good deal on an unopened physical disk. I'll start shopping around after I get my next paycheck or something.[/quote]

You can get the PC SE used off ebay for $5 all day. Actually some sellers still have them new on Amazon for around $7.

You have to get Conker Live & Reloaded...one of (if not) the funniest games. Really fun, Nightcaster 2 is pretty alright too...I would get it again if it were playable on the 360.

bread's done
Back