Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway - $16.42 for 360, $14.78 for PS3 on Amazon

If you have amazon prime then this is a pretty good deal, however look at the results for google shopping. http://www.google.com/products/cata...&cid=362217995029243733&scoring=tp#ps-sellers it is cheaper than amazons shipping in some instances.
pixel.gif

I bought this a while back for $15 on clearance at Target and this game is easily worth 3 times that. Do not let this gem go by for such a low price, you will not regret it.

[quote name='no_exit']Really? Cheapest I see is:

ValleySeek - base price: $11.20 No tax + Shipping: $7.12 = $18.32. Last time I checked $14.78 was less than $18.32.[/quote]

If you read blackm20i's post again, you'll see that it factored in shipping cost for Amazon, which brings it to $19.76.

[quote name='rapsodist']If you read blackm20i's post again, you'll see that it factored in shipping cost for Amazon, which brings it to $19.76.[/quote]
touché - I stand corrected. Thank you.

I am a Prime member and never factor in shipping cost.

The only thing putting me off from getting this is that I read in a review somewhere that this is a sequel and that it references the previous games a lot. Tracking down the previous games seems like too much of a bother, though.

How does this game compare to WWII Call of Duty games (2,3,WaW)?

The Brothers in Arms games are more about directing your squad around than doing the load of shooting yourself.

I still haven't completed the first game but I'll pass on this.

[quote name='mxpowar']The only thing putting me off from getting this is that I read in a review somewhere that this is a sequel and that it references the previous games a lot. Tracking down the previous games seems like too much of a bother, though.

How does this game compare to WWII Call of Duty games (2,3,WaW)?[/quote]

The continuity is pretty strong. This third game deals very prominently with the psychology of the protagonist, whereas the first two games were more straightforward campaigns; newcomers to the series will probably be left wondering what the hell is going on, not understanding what brought the character to this point. That said, I really don't think it's that tough to find the first two games.

BIA is much more of a squad shooter than COD's run-and-gun style where fellow soldiers are mostly cannon fodder. You'll spend much of your time in BIA figuring out how to suppress the enemy and the best way to flank them. It's slower paced but it feels like a more realistic representation of WWII tactics.

I got this for $15 from gogamer and just finished it last week. Can't recommend it enough. Amazing game, probably the best WW2 FPS I've played (though I haven't played CoD:WaW yet). The plot was way beyond anything the other games provided. It is very cinematic, reminiscent of Band of Brothers.

I didn't think it was too hard to follow since they give a recap at the beginning. Plus, I got the feeling the events from the past they discuss in this game didn't actually occur in the previous games, but I may be wrong.

My advice is to just pay attention to everything. It's easy to miss a line or two and be really lost, but if you pay attention, you'll be golden.

The tank missions were the only thing I didn't like. I'm getting ready to run through it on Authentic though.

picked it up at the BF last yar, pretty good game if you played the first two on the original xbox

if you want a more intensed shooting experience, go buy CoD:WaW or CoD2(old but sweet), this one is more like a tactical shooter

thanks OP, ordered. I had to add $10 extra to get free shipping. So i went browsing around amazon and found a PS3 game called "The Club" for $11.59 if any of you are interested check the link i provided. But I think the game really sucks from what i heard and i think i have too many shooter games in my ps3 library already. Instead, I just decided to pre-order Final Fantasy Advent Children Blu-Ray for a extra $26. You gotta admit $12 for any game is still worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/Club-Playstat..._4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239666284&sr=8-4

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back