Amazon slow shipping?

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So Saturday afternoon I ordered MLB 09: The Show for the PS3. The game is in stock and everything, yet it hasn't shipped yet.

I bring this up, because I have never had something I ordered from Amazon take this long to ship out even with free shipping as I never had Prime. Everything has shipped out within 24 hours or so.

Status on my order changed to "Shipping Soon" Monday morning, yet as of 8pm Tuesday, it still hasn't shipped. This is defiantly rare for me.

Has anyone been noticing long delays in shipping for in stock items?

I ordered Sega Superstars Tennis for the Nintendo Wii on March 31. It did not get shipped until April 7, 2009. I emailed them and they told me that it was backordered. When I order items from amazon they usually ship the same day that I place the order.

Their free shipping has always been slow for me. Usually takes 'em five to seven days before they ship the item.

It depends on the game. Sometimes their warehouse ships out next day for me, sometimes it takes up to a week for them to ship out for me, so its very inconsistent. If you ordered it Saturday, they dont ship Sunday, so its only been a couple of days so far, not terribly bad. If it doesnt ship by Saturday you should be worried, otherwise no big deal, it happens with FSSS.

I ordered two blu-rays last week and i still haven't got them. This is the longest i've ever had to wait. They are usually pretty damn fast for me.

I see it starting to happen more and more with my recent orders and I have Prime. I ordered the blurays for wall-e/kung-fu panda and sleeping beauty/pinocchio and didn't get them shipped right away or one item shipped and the other didn't for a week or so. All of them were in stock when I ordered. I wonder what's going on.

I've noticed some delayed shipping, but nothing as bad as my Chronicles of Narnia 4-DVD set.

FIVE MONTHS!!!

Here's how it went down: I preordered the set and thoguht all was well. Release day comes and goes, order never processes. I give it a few days, still hasn't processed. I contact Amazon, I get a form-letter response "We're looking into it, we take our customer's concerns seriously" blah blah blah.

Credit card never receives a charge but, mid February, there's a knock at the door and its UPS with a package: Inside was the four-disc set of "The Chronicles of Narnia."

Never got charged for it so who knows what the hell happened.

I preordered Cross edge from amazon for 29 bucks because I had a gift card I recieved from them for using there credit card. I hope they don't take forever to ship it out but according to this forum looks like its 50/50

Yeah, it's been a bit on the low side for me this week, too. I placed an order on Saturday as well and still hasn't shipped, but has been the status has been "Shipping Soon" since Monday. I guess I'd expect this from other sites, but Amazon's usually faster than this.

I've noticed for the last year or two the super saver shipping has taken a long time to ship. A few years ago I would always have stuff ship out a day or two after I order, now it seems to take a week or more just to ship stuff that's in stock.

I ordered Geo Wars: Galaxies for Wii a while back when it was on sale for $10 (in stock at the time), and got an email the other day stating that they had cancelled my order *SNIFF*:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"Geometry Wars: Galaxies"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RWV17M

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found that it is not available from any of our sources at this time. We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.

We have cancelled this item from your order.

While this item is not available directly from Amazon.com, you may be able to purchase it from one of the many other sellers with product listings on Amazon.com. Please click on the link above to visit the product detail page. If the item is available from a third-party seller, you will see a "Used & new" link on the product detail page that will provide a list of merchants currently selling the item.

Note: If you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation may affect your order's eligibility for that offer. If this is the case, please contact customer service; if we determine that you should still receive the offer, we'll reimburse you for the value of the promotional discount. Please note that this will not apply if all items in the order were cancelled.

For more details about the status of this order, please visit "Your Account":

http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Your credit card will NOT BE CHARGED for this item because you only pay for items when we ship them to you.

etc. etc. blah blah blah.

CALL AND COMPLAIN!

I called and complained about an order and I got a $10 off your next order coupon applied to my account.

Black Friday I ordered Left 4 Dead. I used their free shipping and it was sent to "Preparing to ship" within a few hours. They held the game for 6 days before finally shipping. Ever since then when I buy a game with their free shipping option they hold it for 5-7 days before shipping.

It seems like they do this to make you pay for the other shipping options if you want the game that fast. Really a shame too they used to be great in all aspects. Now I have just been grabbing the games from Newegg. Free shipping and they maybe take a day to ship out.

When I complained about the slow shipping speed I didnt get any discount, was just given some generic response about how some games take long to ship. I dont really believe that though.

Their FSSS has become very hit or miss for me, as well. Sometimes my order will be ready and shipped in 24 hours or so, other times it might not get shipped for 3 days or more, and take quite awhile to reach my house. On other orders I've gotten lucky though. After their Lightning Deal on Yakuza 2, I ordered that along with another game and both arrived in about 3-4 days with FSSS, which was nice.

In general, if Newegg and Amazon have something at the same price I'll go with Newegg for their faster shipping.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I've noticed for the last year or two the super saver shipping has taken a long time to ship. A few years ago I would always have stuff ship out a day or two after I order, now it seems to take a week or more just to ship stuff that's in stock.[/quote]

I'm sure the free shipping is starting to cost Amazon money. Instead of getting rid of it they will just make it agonizingly slow so you upgrade and they get paid. Pretty smart when you think about it.

I noticed this when I ordered some protein from them recently. I placed the order on April 6. It didn't ship until April 13 and got here on April 15. It seems to take between 5-7 days before they ship anything, which is exactly what they say it will take with Super Saver shipping...

The free shipping has always been good to me. I live in KY and theres about 3 or 4 shipping centers near so I always get them quick

I posted a similar thread some time ago. Their FSSS is always very hit or miss for me. At the end of the day, though, it's free, and I generally buy from Amazon when their prices blow me away, so I can live with slower shipping. A lot of places that have free shipping, like Buy or DeepDiscount, are always super slow for me, anyway, so I think I just got spoiled by how quick Amazon's FSSS use to be...or at least, seemed to be.

I'd call and ask them. I recently ordered something on Wendesday night, it was processed the next day and I recieved it yesterday (I used Free super saver shipping).

[quote name='Penguin1084']CALL AND COMPLAIN!

I called and complained about an order and I got a $10 off your next order coupon applied to my account.[/QUOTE]

I tried that after waiting two weeks for Amazon to ship one simple CD. I got a simple "well sorry for the delay we'll ship it soon." I cancelled my order right after getting off the phone then did a "Buy It Now" on eBay for the same CD. Seller has already shipped the CD out.

bread's done
Back