Xbox 360 Rock Band 2 Guitar

JesusMaximus

CAG Veteran
Hey, I was wondering what would be a good guitar to go with Rock Band 2. I recently bought the whole bundle and would like an extra guitar to play against or with my girlfriend. I know there's a big list of Xbox 360 guitar controllers, but I'm not sure what guitars are all compatible with Rock Band 2. Can anyone provide a list of all compatible guitars, (wireless and wired) and also which one would be the best bang for my buck? Thanks.

Every guitar released for Xbox 360 works with Rock Band 2. The Guitar Hero guitars will just not have the 2nd set of frets or the effects switch, but work just fine otherwise. Guitar Hero guitars definitely run cheaper because the market is flooded with them, but if you are used to a Rock Band guitar the Guitar Hero guitars feel a bit different.

The best values are the Guitar Hero Les Paul (~$20 or you can buy in a bundle with a game) or the Guitar Hero Xplorer ($8-$15) when they are on sale.

Yeah, I see that the Les Paul is on sale this week at Best buy for 25. I might have to grab that. I see that the X-plorer guitar is 20, but it doesn't look as good, plus I don't think it's wireless. I could always buy Aerosmith at Gamestop for 9.99 and get the X-plorer guitar free, then trade-in Aerosmith for whatever it's trade value is for. I may just break for the Les Paul though.

The Les Paul is slightly bigger and does look a little better. Yes the Les Paul is wireless and the Xplorer is wired. If Best Buy has it on sale it must just be your store as it is listed at $49.99. They did have it on sale for $20 a week or two ago.

No, the sale starts next week (April 19 - April 25), sorry, my bad. The option of getting the X-plorer for $5 ($5 trade-in value for Aerosmith) is pretty tempting. Plus I don't have to worry about batteries.

After looking up reviews on Amazon, The X-plorer is looking like the best bet. It seems like the Les Paul has problems due to the detachable neck, which causes the button sensing to become sketchy. $5 for a new guitar is pretty awesome. Thanks for the info aem.

bread's done
Back