Killzone 2 for £7.33 (Littlewoods voucher = £25 off everything)

Ahh Balls, if you try to create a membership and select pay by Debit/Credit card you get this error:

Sorry, but we are experiencing difficulties with our website at the moment, and we are unable to process your request.
Please would you try again later, or call us on

Setting up an 'account' with them seems to work but i don't fancy doing that unless someone can confirm it's easy to opt out or that the code actually works.

EDIT: Word on the street is that their website is having troubles but will be fixed later on, and that the code is legit. Great find :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried the website. Couldn't register (as expected) so I phoned them up and used the code. I was told by them that is an offer for free delivery only so no amazing deal, I'm afraid. :cry:

[quote name='adam501']Just tried the website. Couldn't register (as expected) so I phoned them up and used the code. I was told by them that is an offer for free delivery only so no amazing deal, I'm afraid. :cry:[/quote]

Don't know if we're allowed to link to other deal sites but these guys have been getting great deals out of the code:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/386113/killzone-2-for-7-33-8-quidco/showthread.php?t=386113

Hmm, I wonder if the code itself is messed up! It was probably meant to be a free delivery code but instead does something else.

Yeah I can't register with the site either :S

Haha! Yeah it totally worked, I just got Professor Layton and the Curious village for £7.33, this code works for anything :D

[quote name='Desecron']Haha! Yeah it totally worked, I just got Professor Layton and the Curious village for £7.33, this code works for anything :D[/quote]

Ooh, I wonder if there's a one per household limitation on it, or one per person. I should probably read those terms and conditions...

This is a great voucher. £25 off seemingly anything. If only their prices were slightly lower. Never mind, I've pre-ordered Ghostbusters for £13.20

"ive just rang up.
she said that this is basically a con and all prices will be charged at the full price.
someone is apparantly inventing these codes or something and is doin so illegally.
apparantly it has been done before.....
so i have cancelled.

sorry guys"

From someone on another forum - just read this before placing an order on something there. Not worth bothering in my opinion!

[quote name='StealthSoul']"ive just rang up.
she said that this is basically a con and all prices will be charged at the full price.
someone is apparantly inventing these codes or something and is doin so illegally.
apparantly it has been done before.....
so i have cancelled.

sorry guys"

From someone on another forum - just read this before placing an order on something there. Not worth bothering in my opinion![/quote]

That would suck if true. Regardless, they can't charge more than the price they give you at the checkout - so either they cancel the order, or they deliver it for the £7.33 they specified. My order status is still "order accepted".

There's a thread about it on HotUKDeals. Apparently what a lot of people are seeing is that they place the order, the full amount gets debited from their account, and then a £25 refund goes back in afterwards. Seems like a bit of a gamble, but I'll keep my order active for now.

And furthermore, how can they debit more from your account than you authorize? Isn't that a little shady?

littlewoods already had "great momentum" a couple of weeks ago with a large coupon discount many used to order Elite XBOX360s for paltry sums...
and the gimmik was they charged you the FULL PRICE, then they (quickly as it appears...) give you back the coupon value (sort of cashback, indeed).
was on hotukdeals too and pretty pretty HOT so it should mean it actually worked

a bit of gamble, right

NOW... does littlewoods ship to continental EU? oh please...

Oh yeah, they specify the two stage discount on the help page:

If you use a cash discount promotion, such as £10 off, and you pay for your order with a credit or debit card, then we will process your payment in two stages. First we will charge your card with the full price of the order then we will refund your card with the value of the discount.

Please note that the payment and refund may not occur simultaneously but the refund will be made no later than when your order is despatched. Please be assured that if you were selected to receive the offer and your order meets the applicable terms and conditions, the refund will be applied to ensure that you receive the correct discounted price overall.

So it's not shady afterall.

This code doesn't seem to be working anymore. I get the following message message when I try and use it:

ZQ289 - Sorry, this promotion code cannot be applied to your order.

[quote name='Thevoiceinyourhead']Were you trying it with a game. Because I tried it with 24 months of live, but that error came up.[/quote]

Yes I used the code with Killzone 2 as per the link at the being of this thread.

I ordered KZ2 for £7.33 but my credit card hasnt been debited yet, any sort of price hike and I will cancel the order.

Great deal if it gets delivered at that price.

[quote name='Rockhopper']This code doesn't seem to be working anymore. I get the following message message when I try and use it:

[/QUOTE]

it's littlewoodsdirect NOT the plain vanilla littlewoods

mybe was that

[quote name='babaz75']NOW... does littlewoods ship to continental EU? oh please...[/QUOTE]

From their Help section: "We can only deliver parcels to addresses within the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man. We can also deliver smaller items to service personnel overseas through BFPO."

A real shame because with that £25 off coupon I could have picked up Halo Wars for just £10. :cry:

[quote name='Rockhopper']This code doesn't seem to be working anymore. I get the following message message when I try and use it:

[/quote]

I've got the same problem. Littlewoods Direct, Killzone 2.

Shame considering i kept trying yesterday but the system was down. :(

In case anyone was interested (if the same thing ever comes up again) I got my game this morning, and the code worked, only cost £7.33 inc. delivery after the £25 refund took place.

[quote name='Desecron']In case anyone was interested (if the same thing ever comes up again) I got my game this morning, and the code worked, only cost £7.33 inc. delivery after the £25 refund took place.[/QUOTE]

now that was a badass deal, dude - congrats :applause:

[quote name='Thevoiceinyourhead']Mine should becoming tommorow. Still no refund :/[/quote]

Has your order despatched yet?

"Please note that the payment and refund may not occur simultaneously but the refund will be made no later than when your order is despatched."

I had no notification of a refund other than checking my credit card balance, which was £7.33 down from previously, instead of £33 down.

EDIT - cheers babaz :D

My account was debited 2 days ago so I will report back when it arrives. Worth the wait for £7.33.

bread's done
Back