Orange Box for $9.99 on STEAM this weekend

Amazing deal!!! To bad for everyone who already has it though :p Maybe I can find someone to gift it to.

At $50, The Orange Box was still one of the best gaming deals ever.

For the 10 people who don't own TOB, now's the time :p

[quote name='humanpicnic']In for one. Do they still allow you to gift any games that you already own a copy of?[/quote]

For the contents of the Orange Box, yes.

[quote name='ychanus']What system is this for?[/quote]
It's on Steam, so PC only.

Damn...since they put up TF2 for sale when the Scout update was released, I was hoping they do the same for Left 4 Dead and it's latest update.

[quote name='eddie291']Damn...since they put up TF2 for sale when the Scout update was released, I was hoping they do the same for Left 4 Dead and it's latest update.[/QUOTE]

They had Left 4 Dead up for $25 not too long ago and they DID just drop the price to $40 in conjunction with the update.

Hmm... It didn't give me an extra copy of TF2 to gift to a friend. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Brak']Hmm... It didn't give me an extra copy of TF2 to gift to a friend. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Really? that's really the only reason i can think of to buy this.

[quote name='Brak']Hmm... It didn't give me an extra copy of TF2 to gift to a friend. :whistle2:k[/quote]
You should have gifted him the whole box. You bought the orange box FOR YOURSELF but you can only gift a second copy of Half Life 2 or Half Life 2 Episode 1.

This deal is perfect because I was gonna buy my friends account for $10 but now he'll have to do it for $5.

Wow, that is a deal. I managed to score it on eBay a couple months ago for like 12 bucks, but this would be a definite buy even if you don't own just one of the games included.

I bought it just for portal, but it is nice to have access to the new HL2 episodes as well as TF2.

[quote name='Jodou']Meh, not that great of a deal, since this has been around for months. Use the cart pull-down list to show the true price of $13.64.[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer getting it from Steam and not some site who if they give me a bad code, I'm SOL.

It says this on the bottom of the sale page:

Already own Half-Life 2 or Half-Life 2: Episode One?
Award your extra game to a friend when you purchase The Orange Box. Learn more here.

Kinda lame. They should let you do it for any part of the bundle. Then again, the thing is $9.99. It's hard to argue with how awesome that is.

If you haven't bought this yet your depriving yourself of one of the best game series of all time IMO. Totally a no brainer at $10.

[quote name='opportunity777']I'm not really into paying to rent my games, but I guess it's a good deal for those who don't have it yet. I like my physical copy I got for $10.[/QUOTE]

But for any Valve game, the physical copy means nothing other than a quicker install.

Looks like Steam is bailing out the gamers XD

5 Excellent games for 10 bucks..thats 2 bucks a game.....hell even if you don't use TF2...its still less than 3 bucks a game....

You can't beat that. It's worth it for PORTAL alone.

[quote name='Serik']At $50, The Orange Box was still one of the best gaming deals ever.

For the 10 people who don't own TOB, now's the time :p[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. Now there are only 9!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone know how much space is needed to install?[/QUOTE]
It's a lot for the first game (7 gigs for TF2) but after your first Source Engine game downloaded it gets much smaller (About a gig per game)
[quote name='opportunity777']I'm not really into paying to rent my games, but I guess it's a good deal for those who don't have it yet. I like my physical copy I got for $10.[/QUOTE]

Valve has a doomsday zombie apocalypse plan in case their company fails, you still will be able to get your games.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Ok so say you're nice and gift them to a total stranger do they get any of your information, say email address, name, etc?[/quote]

I think they only get your Steam username, so no worries about someone finding out your personal information (unless of course they know how to hack the Steam servers; then you're screwed).

[quote name='E_G_Man']Is Peggle part of Orange Box?[/quote]

No, not the full game.

It does come with Peggle extreme, which has 10? maps inspired by the orange box, but it is not the same thing as Peggle the game which has far more maps and challenges and the like.

Yeah, I'm not into renting either, although for this price it's worth considering. I passed on Half Life 2 originally because of Steam, but someone gifted it to me a while back.

I've got the 3 Half Life 2 games, which is all I care about :whistle2:/

you would be a fool to miss this. If you don't have the Orange Box you must take the offer. This is a godly deal.

bread's done
Back