Resistance: Fall of Man $18.98 at Deepdiscount

Don't know about that store, but Resistance is pretty awesome. I didn't like the demo at all, but the full game is one of the best straight FPS I've played in ages.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Don't know about that store, but Resistance is pretty awesome. I didn't like the demo at all, but the full game is one of the best straight FPS I've played in ages.[/quote]

I agree, this game is definitely worth $20. Good gameplay, interesting story line (far more coherent than Gears of War, though I liked GOW's gameplay a little better). Pick it up!

Dammit. Fry's had it for $19.90 for several months... original box too (Greatest Hits sticker). I saw it a week ago and they still had tons, so I was in no hurry to buy when I returned two days ago. Unfortunately, they were all mysteriously replaced by "red box" GH versions for $28.XX (nearly full price). :( I saw that their DualShock 3 controllers went up in price a little too but they are still cheaper than other places ($42.99 IIRC).

I'm glad some people like Resistance 1, but I thought it was ass. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. Thankfully Resistance 2 is much better.

This is clearance at Target however, so you can get it for cheaper and not have to wait for it to ship

[quote name='dfo']I agree, this game is definitely worth $20. Good gameplay, interesting story line (far more coherent than Gears of War, though I liked GOW's gameplay a little better). Pick it up![/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='lolwut?']I'm glad some people like Resistance 1, but I thought it was ass. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. Thankfully Resistance 2 is much better.

This is clearance at Target however, so you can get it for cheaper and not have to wait for it to ship[/QUOTE]

yeah same here, I didn't even finish it though the online was fun but in terms of SP Resistance 2 was way better

[quote name='dfo']I agree, this game is definitely worth $20. Good gameplay, interesting story line (far more coherent than Gears of War, though I liked GOW's gameplay a little better). Pick it up![/QUOTE]

Are you trying to say Gears of War had a storyline beyond backstory? If you read the page in the manual about emergence day you get more story.... They got to the point where they realized they needed to kill some bad guys and then forgot about moving past that. They even avoid the story about Fenix's trial to keep up with not having a story.

Sorry about that.... Anyway Resistence is a whole lot of fun. Worth a buy (probably more a rental unless you love 1 hit kill only online... yeah i know some people still played ranked....). But yeah the games story is much greater than the idea of Gears of War (sorry i can't even call it a story). Also i'm talking about Gears 1 not Gears 2.

Resistance is very good IMO. I agree with the earlier poster about not liking the demo but enjoying the full game. I had the same experience.

However, I can't stand Deep Discount. Every time I've tried to order something, it goes into backorder with no notification and the item still says 'In Stock' on the page. It's only $23 on Amazon and totally worth it if you can't find it at Target on clearance.

Not a terrible game, pretty fun actually. This was the first games I got for PS3. I prefer killzone to this times 100000 though. (I see them as semi-comparable games)
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='lolwut?']I'm glad some people like Resistance 1, but I thought it was ass. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. Thankfully Resistance 2 is much better.

This is clearance at Target however, so you can get it for cheaper and not have to wait for it to ship[/QUOTE]

I thought it ripped off every FPS ever made and then some (War of the Worlds) but, unoriginal as it was, it was still a good game in the end. Other games can rip off from the best and still end up being total crap (TimeShift; bleugh!).

Have you seen any non-GH versions at Target?

[quote name='Lucian']Resistance is very good IMO. I agree with the earlier poster about not liking the demo but enjoying the full game. I had the same experience.

However, I can't stand Deep Discount. Every time I've tried to order something, it goes into backorder with no notification and the item still says 'In Stock' on the page. It's only $23 on Amazon and totally worth it if you can't find it at Target on clearance.[/QUOTE]

The DD deal is gone. I bumped the thread in frustration because I lost out on a similar, seemingly-permanent deal, and I'm glad I did: I wouldn't have heard about the Target price. That said, Fry's did have it on sale for $24.99 today. I checked and, sure enough, they put out a few of the old retracted stock originally marked $19.70 (I said $19.90 earlier; looks like I was wrong). I bought it for $24.99 and kept it sealed so I can go check Target. I peeled up the new sticker and the old price was still underneath. If Target is a bust, I wonder if I can get that price when I return.

bread's done
Back