Difference between PSP 2000 and 3000 series?

Crono51

CAGiversary!
My house was recently broke into, and all that was taken was my wife's laptop, my PSP-1001, and her DS Lite, case, and about 27 games...

Anyways... In the more than likely event that my stuff never gets returned, which model of the PSP should I get to replace the stolen one?

I'm not too sure if the 2000 series is still sold, but I do remember hearing something about about the screen on the 3000 being worse for some games. How's the battery life compare against each other? (And against the 1000 series?).

Thanks.

I hate the 3000 screen. My friend had both the 2000 and 3000, and the 3000 not only had interlaced lines for video on the console, but also when outputted to a TV. I bought a 2nd PSP and made sure it was a 2000 because of this.
Battery life seems a bit better on the 2000 compared to the 1000, and I even have the extended battery on my Phat.

The 3000 screen is weird, and also it can't be hacked. Plus it has an inbuilt microphone (not for using in games though).

I have a PSP 1001 that just died - I upgraded the Firmware to M4.5 using a Pandora battery. I am in the market for a replacement, Does the Pandora battery I used for the PSP 1001 work for the PSP 2000? I enjoy playing games on the memory card I have considering my games are not purchased if you know what I mean.

3000 has better colors and much less ghosting.
2000 has no interlacing.

It's a personal preference.

Oh, and my PSP 3000 outputs to my hdtv just fine without any interlacing. Gotta select Progressive in the output settings.

[quote name='Aceboogz']yes the 3000 is hackable.

but the psp 2000 is diferent because of glare on the screen and more vivid color.[/QUOTE]

Only for playing Homebrew. You'll still can't play ISO's on a memory stick.

[quote name='Rodster']Only for playing Homebrew. You'll still can't play ISO's on a memory stick.[/QUOTE]

You can as of today. It was cracked.

[quote name='riddler']been thinking about picking up a 3000, but i dug up this old article from joystick i read a while back and it kinda concerns me...I'm not really trying to make something out of nothing and the arguments have been around for a while now, but the interlacing on that screen shot is horrendous!

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2008...een-issues-with-psp-brite-sony-investigating/[/QUOTE]

I had a 2000 and it was giving me a bit of problems... I was worried about getting the 3000 because of that picture that has been plastered all over the net. But I gave in and swapped out my gimped 2000 for a new 3000 and it is fine. I have played all types of different games on it, watched movies and all that with no problem. I do wish it would do better outside (still can't see the stupid screen really). but ya, the 3000 is fine. Ignore that picture.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']So the question is this; is a 3000 worth paying $29 more for than I would for a 2000? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Not to me.

For anybody that cares for an update. I managed to get the majority of the stolen goods back a week later (the laptop, DS Lite, DS Lite case, and 26 of 27 DS games). No luck on my PSP 1000 though.

I was about to give in and get a used PSP 2000 from Gamestop, but then E3 was only a week away, so I held out for an E3 price drop announcement. Due to the current events after E3 (including no price drop :cry:), I gave out and bought a used PSP 2000 from my local BX for $169 (no tax).

Unfortunately of course, a week or two later, Dell started selling the 2000s for only $120 or so shipped. Oh well. Now I'm contemplating getting the PSP Extended Battery from GameFunk, and battery case from DealExtreme.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']So the question is this; is a 3000 worth paying $29 more for than I would for a 2000? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Hells yeah. The color difference is amazing.

[quote name='200STM']i want a yellow psp 3000 is there such a model
:):([/QUOTE]

Only as a Japanese import I think. They were called the Carnival line. They were very bright colours!

bread's done
Back