Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for $39.90 @ Play-Asia ($3.90 shipping)

This is the lowest price I have seen for TvC. It must be part of Play-Asia's latest deals. First Captain Rainbow, now Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Both have been bitten by me. YUMMY.

That's a great price for this import. I may just buy it to make someone else's day that can play imports. I would get it for myself but I don't have the 3.2U firmware or a freeloader.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wondering how i can play this $ucker on US Wii?[/quote]
Look at the post above you. Then google it. Really easy to make it happen.

I payed 68.xx when this came out. It's an awesome game for anyone who likes capcom VS games.

anyone know it's control option ? will it be like naruto like game play or pure game cube controller ?

It has just about any control option you can think of including GCN controllers. I personally use my Hori Fighting Stick for it.

Y no ps3 or xbox love with this. Loved MvC series, this looks interesting. Hoping this leads to another marriage of Marvel and Capcom or Capcom and anything else in the future. Anyone looking forward to Capcom vs Eidos(which is now owned by Square)? Lara Croft vs Chun Li? Kain(Legacy) vs Kain(FF4)? Ok, enough of the OT.

Its free and easy to play on us wii. I use my hori stick on it as well that i got for 40 bones at gamestop. Its one of the better games ive played in awhile.

If you can find it the Hori stick was only abut $30 at Fry's I believe. They sold out of it a few months ago, though. Maybe because of this game? I can't think of any other reason anyone would buy the controller.

[quote name='nikkai']They seriously need to release this on PSN or Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that will happen, not saying is impossible, just doubtful. The reason being the arcade the game was made on is actually a modify Wii (Reason the game was release on the Wii).

I have spent way too much money on games in the last several months.... but I can't say no at this price. thanks, op

Is the Twilight method still the best short of importing a J-Wii

[quote name='paddlefoot']I have spent way too much money on games in the last several months.... but I can't say no at this price. thanks, op

Is the Twilight method still the best short of importing a J-Wii[/quote]
yes and there is a homebrew app that lets you change your region.oh or so i have herd:)

fyi, the region loader works up to firmware 3.4.

For those wanting a domestic release, it probably won't happen because of licensing issues with the tatsunoko characters. The game is a lot of fun, gameplay controls are simplified, light attack, medium, and hard attacks with a tag button. Supers work ala MvC style. Not a ton of characters, but it's still a lot of fun. Worth it if you like vs crossover games.

Oh, and yes, the twilight princess mod is still the best way to go to load homebrew on the wii. from there, you install the region free loader. Just make sure you have firmware 3.4 or lower.

[quote name='acyw13']anyone know it's control option ? will it be like naruto like game play or pure game cube controller ?[/quote]

Pretty simplified compared to past VS titles...

icon2_tvc.gif
regulation_tvc.gif

Code:
A B C
D
A = weak
B = medium
C = strong
D = partner

[quote name='rokkon']fyi, the region loader works up to firmware 3.4.

For those wanting a domestic release, it probably won't happen because of licensing issues with the tatsunoko characters. The game is a lot of fun, gameplay controls are simplified, light attack, medium, and hard attacks with a tag button. Supers work ala MvC style. Not a ton of characters, but it's still a lot of fun. Worth it if you like vs crossover games.[/QUOTE]Damn, no method for 4.0? Bummer.

My Wii already has the latest system update, and I want to keep it up to date.

From a quick search, it doesn't look like any of these hacks/freeloader work on an updated system.
Is there a software solution that I'm missing?

[quote name='mugenmidget']Damn, no method for 4.0? Bummer.[/quote]

If you can wait long enough, a hack will come along, but waiting also means not updating. The best analogy is like an antivirus program being updated to catch and detect all trojans. It takes a while to see how the newest "release" works, and then how to work around it.

Dammit. I did not know that 4.0 couldn't use this (yet).

Really want this game, but I don't think I want to sit and wait for them to get around 4.0. (Because I'd be pissed if they didn't.)

You guys shoulda softmodded before upgrading... You can upgrade to 4.0. but you need to have the Homebrew Channel installed first =P

Will my wii be updated if the last game i bought was smash bros brawl and only played it online about a month after SSBB release. Its been sitting in my closet since a month after SSBB release. Will i be ok?

You shouldn't have 4.0U if that was the last time.

Unfortunately I guess I'll be waiting, just not sure if I should purchase this while I wait. XD

i wanna play this game, but not a big fan of importing cause of all the tweaks that must go with altering ur system...dont wanna void warranties...lulz

[quote name='Firestorm']You guys shoulda softmodded before upgrading... You can upgrade to 4.0. but you need to have the Homebrew Channel installed first =P[/quote]

So wait. All you need is the Homebrew Channel? I already have that, and am at 4.0 (modded mine a long while back).

Does Gecko launch it without issues then?

[quote name='gomikeoh']i wanna play this game, but not a big fan of importing cause of all the tweaks that must go with altering ur system...dont wanna void warranties...lulz[/QUOTE]

just get the datel freeloader. its 20 bucks....i think.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Does anyone know if you can play this straight up without a ridiculous motion gimmick on it?[/quote]

I'm I remember correctly, there are no motion controls whatsoever.

[quote name='integralsmatic']just get the datel freeloader. its 20 bucks....i think.[/quote]

But does freeloader even work with the newer firmware? Either way, I've decided. Going to bite and sit on it until I find a working solution. XD

[quote name='helmet']But does freeloader even work with the newer firmware? Either way, I've decided. Going to bite and sit on it until I find a working solution. XD[/QUOTE]

i did a little search around and it will not work as people who updated to 4.0.

the only alternate method ATM is Twilight Hack/Homebrew Channel/Gecko OS 1.8

Thought I would toss out this questions with the discussion on the arcade sticks.

The official Wii Hori ones plug into the Wii Remote I believe. Is there any noticeable lag using it? I cannot play Smash Bros w/ a Wavebird (or at least my Wavebirds) because the delay drives me nuts. Is there any delay with the arcade stick hooked into the wii remote?

Would I be better of getting an Gamecube arcade stick instead?

[quote name='integralsmatic']i did a little search around and it will not work as people who updated to 4.0.

the only alternate method ATM is Twilight Hack/Homebrew Channel/Gecko OS 1.8[/QUOTE]

I guess I wont be getting the game. I dont want to mod my system and the freeloader is my only option I was thinking.

[quote name='MarkMan']Pretty simplified compared to past VS titles...

icon2_tvc.gif
regulation_tvc.gif

Code:
A B C
D
A = weak
B = medium
C = strong
D = partner[/quote]

Great price for this game might pick one up for my brother.

I got a Hori stick for this game and thought it was a L M H configuration and took me about an hour to figure out it was NOT the case. I was also surprised to see you could not configure it. Guess this is because the limited amount of buttons and placement on the Wiimote. Once I figured it out I was having a blast.

[quote name='eliter1']Great price for this game might pick one up for my brother.

I got a Hori stick for this game and thought it was a L M H configuration and took me about an hour to figure out it was NOT the case. I was also surprised to see you could not configure it. Guess this is because the limited amount of buttons and placement on the Wiimote. Once I figured it out I was having a blast.[/quote]

I'm not sure about the hori stick that plugs into the wii remote, but you can configure gamecube controls without problem. You just need to be able to read kanji. (I don't know why they use the button -> action mapping instead of action -> button mapping )

Also worth noting, all the mini games use the wii remote, but you must disconnect all gamecube controllers because you can play any of the mini games.

[quote name='ryosnk']I guess I wont be getting the game. I dont want to mod my system and the freeloader is my only option I was thinking.[/quote]

Just for the record and anyone else who's interested, the modding isn't really modding, it's more like hacking. There's a small bit of risk involved, but if you've ever installed software on your pc, it's the same thing. This "modding" doesn't require you to open up your wii or do anything of that sort.

[quote name='rokkon']I'm not sure about the hori stick that plugs into the wii remote, but you can configure gamecube controls without problem. You just need to be able to read kanji. (I don't know why they use the button -> action mapping instead of action -> button mapping )

Also worth noting, all the mini games use the wii remote, but you must disconnect all gamecube controllers because you can play any of the mini games.[/quote]

I didn't express myself correctly. What I meant to say is that you can configure it but you still have to use the
A B C
D
control scheme. You cannot do
LP MP HP
LK MK HK
for example. I read you could do it in the arcade version but not in the Wii one apparently.

[quote name='eliter1']I didn't express myself correctly. What I meant to say is that you can configure it but you still have to use the
A B C
D
control scheme. You cannot do
LP MP HP
LK MK HK
for example. I read you could do it in the arcade version but not in the Wii one apparently.[/quote]

Ahh. That's a new one to me. I never heard that anywhere; as far as I know, the arcade version also uses the 4 button scheme.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Oh, shi... already out of stock. Hopefully OOP/OOS means one or the other and not both...[/quote]

It was in stock for 3 days. 3 days is several lifetimes in the land of video game deals.

[quote name='Rig']Alright, I went ahead and ordered.

This better work with 4.0 and Gecko 1.8![/quote]

I doubt anyone was waiting on pins and needles for the answer to this, but it does indeed work with those two things. :applause:

Only played a few quick versus matches with my girlfriend. Hoping to get into this deeper this week.

bread's done
Back