Amazing Island/Sonic Heroes - GameCube $19.99

Sonic Heroes dropped to 19.99.. at least on Gamestop.com, the PS2 version.. so maybe the GC version hasn't dropped yet. But most Sega titles dropped yesterday, so it might be coming soon. Good deal on AI, haven't played the game but it's OOS @ ebworld and gamestop.

[quote name='gamspot']
Amazing Island is decent entertainment for a younger crowd, though they'd probably prefer a game featuring one of the franchises it tries so hard to emulate. - Ryan Davis[/quote]

And it scored a 6.5,,,, I'll pass

Which version of Sonic Heroes is better, XBox or GC? I have both, and generally I'd get the GC version just to add my contribution so GC won't be dead like DC (still don't undersand how DC was not able to compete...I love all my DC games still). However, there are games where the XBox version just rules, is this one of those games?

According to EGM Xbox is better because it has better graphics. Xbox also has both Japanese and English speech I think.

If you have (or plan on getting) PSO Ep. III, then the GC version of Sonic Heroes will unlock a special card. That alone is enough to make me get the GC version of it. ;)

I bought Amazing Island when it first came out hoping it would be similar to Monster Rancher. It's not. And it's not very good. The monster creation system is fantastic. If you just want to mess around with creating monsters then you should try it. You have a LOT of control over your monster's appearance and the creation tools (most of which you have to unlock before you can use) are pretty good. But the actual game portion is severely lacking. You just play a bunch of really mediocre minigames with your monster. There are only a few main types of minigames with a bunch of different variations. Stuff like running, running while jumping over rocks, running while jumping over rocks and ditches, running while jumping over rocks and ditches while wearing a hat. It was really pretty dull.

The GC version is supposed to be better than the Xbox, one of the very few instances the Xbox version is second. The GC has some extra graphical effects and less slowdown. IGN did a whole head-to-head on all 3 versions and picked the GC, with screens to show why. The game was built for the GC anyway.

[quote name='crowbb']I bought Amazing Island when it first came out hoping it would be similar to Monster Rancher. It's not. And it's not very good. The monster creation system is fantastic. If you just want to mess around with creating monsters then you should try it. You have a LOT of control over your monster's appearance and the creation tools (most of which you have to unlock before you can use) are pretty good. But the actual game portion is severely lacking. You just play a bunch of really mediocre minigames with your monster. There are only a few main types of minigames with a bunch of different variations. Stuff like running, running while jumping over rocks, running while jumping over rocks and ditches, running while jumping over rocks and ditches while wearing a hat. It was really pretty dull.[/quote]

sounda a lot like Mario Party

bread's done
Back