Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition (360) $40 w/free shipping at Newegg

Sweet deal. Too bad I already paid full retail for it when it came out :(

Its ok I will have to tell my cousin about this. He is a huge GTA fanatic

[quote name='The End']How much was this when it was first released?[/quote]

I believe it was $89.99 retail when released.

I'd bite if this was the PS3 version. Didn't terribly love the game, but did put 35 hours in before getting bored and I am just about wrapped up on the greatly superior Saints Row 2.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Nice find. Reassures me that buying LE/SE games at full retail isn't worth it.[/quote]

Agree with this statement - still waiting for RE5 to drop!

Couldn't resist the GTA though...put my regular edition on eBay; should get at least $20.00 for it.

So tempting...but nah, I always end up putting that collectors stuffs away never to be seen again

[quote name='Hudson187']Agree with this statement - still waiting for RE5 to drop!

Couldn't resist the GTA though...put my regular edition on eBay; should get at least $20.00 for it.[/QUOTE]

You would have got more by keeping the used copy and selling the new copy that comes in the special edition.

About 2 weeks ago I seen this at my local Blockbuster for $29.99 ( PS3 version).

Thought about buying it for an ebay sale, but when I was seen they were only selling for about $40-45, it wasn't worth it.

Ebay listing fees, pay pal fees, then ebay sale fee, for a measly $8-10 profit was not worth it.

peace

[quote name='yukine']I paid full price for it when it came out, damn it. :[[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's like a year old. It's not going to stay at full price for that long. If it was worth the extra 50 bucks or whatever to have it 12 freaking months earlier, then you probably came out fine on this.

[quote name='Purkeynator']You would have got more by keeping the used copy and selling the new copy that comes in the special edition.[/quote]

D'OH! Good point... I need sleep... :drool: :roll:

got it when target had it on clearance for 23-24 dollars

the lockbox is kinda cool.

still got it sealed.. I just wanted the lockbox and bag lol

[quote name='tears2040']About 2 weeks ago I seen this at my local Blockbuster for $29.99 ( PS3 version).

Thought about buying it for an ebay sale, but when I was seen they were only selling for about $40-45, it wasn't worth it.

Ebay listing fees, pay pal fees, then ebay sale fee, for a measly $8-10 profit was not worth it.

peace[/QUOTE]

I picked p the PS3 special edition version from Blockbuster for $30, and sold the sealed version of just the game on Craigslist for $35, since I had purchased the regular version on launch day.

[quote name='lilchubz11']anyone know how big the duffle bag is?
thanks in advance[/quote]

The duffle bag is pretty nice. I use it for my gym bag. easily fits a pair of shoes ( could probably fit a few pair of shoes in it) and my workout clothes and there is still a lot of room. I'd give you measurements but it's sitting in my car right now.

The lock box is nice too, could do a lot of things with it.

Thanks cheapy D!! I missed out on the Target clearance deal months ago. Now I got the limited edition for cheap!

I might be willing to part with mine for around $35 if anyone is interested...would have to look into shipping costs, might barter a little bit depending on how much I can ship it for...

[quote name='Gandhi']I picked p the PS3 special edition version from Blockbuster for $30, and sold the sealed version of just the game on Craigslist for $35, since I had purchased the regular version on launch day.[/QUOTE]

Ok, $5.00 profit is not worth the time and effort.

I need to make at LEAST $20 profit on anything I sell for it to be worth my time. Just as an example I bought some cell phones last month for like $80 and sold them each on Ebay for double that.

Not to derail this thread but I am ALWAYS on the hunt for a deal and way to make a profit and imo this is not one as I stated go to any local Block Buster and they are selling it new for $29.99

peace

Uhm, yeah this is a deal, most people don't judge deals on their resale value or how much they can turn the item around and resell for (actually, im sure many do...) but that certainly doesnt make or break a deal just cause you can't resell it.

this game is very easy to come by for cheap because of the huge demand and number of copies that clearanced out at several stores and people not liking it and reselling, etc. But still, for the collectors edition, this is a hell of a good deal if you missed it at BBV. (mine didnt/doesnt have it in stock and I'm pretty sure most BBV's dont anymore).

Uhh great deal... I think im going to take it....
smile.gif

bread's done
Back