Fate/Unlimited Codes - Comming to US but only through Digital Distribution - $29.99

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I might cave in if theres a real good sale on it. Otherwise I'll wait for UMD as usual.[/quote]

There will be no UMD. It's just from the PSN Store for this one.

I really wants this game but download is big turn down for me. Very disappointed Patapon 2 now this !!! Also, $30-ish too expensive for download game.

I'm getting this when it comes out even though I'm not a fighting game fan. I'm a big Fate series fan, so this one is a day one purchase for me. Hoping for them to localize more games.

They can suck a cock at $30 for a d/l game. Jesus I hate to sound like DMK but if this is going to become the new standard, I'm putting on my tinfoil hat and hooking up my Genesis/32X/Sega CD combo in place of a new system.

[quote name='Halo05']They can suck a cock at $30 for a d/l game.[/QUOTE]

Took the words right outta my mouth.

SCEA hasn't even announced the PSP Go and they've shit the bed on it already.

1) Digital Distribution support that rivals the 3DO in terms of software numbers and quality
2) Price points that can fuck right the fuckin' hell off for what scant titles are available.

I'd offer up something to say in protest, like "I'm not buying a PSP title again until ______," except that's kind of de facto. I bought Crisis Core a week or so after release, and after that nothing since, and nothing on the horizon. I have been playing Final Fantasy VII International on it, but that's SCEJ's money, not SCEA's.

The funny thing is - underneath all my ire, I'm mostly disappointed.

Disappointed that Sony's failed to do anything to build towards gaining credibility in the DD area.

Disappointed that they're sitting on a pile of money they don't want from me.

Disappointed that they won't even so much as acknowledge that people are *clamoring* for PSOne titles and reasonably priced PSP titles digitally distributed.

Disappointed that this is only the case in the United States.

What they should have done was build up the PSP titles available, build up the PSOne titles - and then say "wow, would ya lookit all those digital titles we have! How about a console just for those very titles! Here's a new PSP!"

W/ 300 PSOne games available in the Japan store, releasing the Go! there makes sense.

Here, they'll say "hey, look! A new PSP! But you can play all 5 PSP games we have for sale in the US! Who wants a $25 copy of Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins? Form a line, there's enough for everyone; don't panic!"

It's infuriating - but at the end of the day, it's just fuckin' disappointing. I'm not one of those chuckleheads clamoring for trophy support in PSP games. I'm one of those chuckleheads who wants to see them support the fucking systems they have coming out.

Do I want a personal apology? It'd be funny, I suppose. But I just want them to fuckin' DO SOMETHING about it.

$30 for a DD game. fuuuuuuuuuuck you, SCEA. :lol:

I feel the same... mainly in regards to sitting on a goldmine of PS1 classics.

From the sound of things though, E3 will most likely turn things around for you Myke... >_

[quote name='mykevermin']Disappointed that they won't even so much as acknowledge that people are *clamoring* for PSOne titles and reasonably priced PSP titles digitally distributed.[/QUOTE]
I don't think gamers in general really are. I think the PSP populace in general is much more interested in
stealing
new games.

This is the kind of pricing that pisses me off for DD content. I'm not paying full price for something I can never sell or give away if I want to (as far as games go anyway). I'm guessing this will be the norm though since PC games have been getting away with it for years.

You know, I'd even be happy with a faux, empty-case release ala Patapon 2 at $30.

As expected, my local Target seems to have sold zero copies of Patapon 2 and I recently scored one for 10 bucks. I'll happily wait out a Fate/Unlimited Codes download code in similar fashion.

Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary had it right with the digital distribution, nice low price point of $13. The whole reason iPhone games have exploded in popularity is because of how cheap they were, not because their nature of being no physical media.

I agree with most people in this thread, Sony is approaching digital downloads and the PSPGo all wrong.

[quote name='Halo05']They can suck a cock at $30 for a d/l game. Jesus I hate to sound like DMK but if this is going to become the new standard, I'm putting on my tinfoil hat and hooking up my Genesis/32X/Sega CD combo in place of a new system.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for motherfuckin' truth.

Still, I'm pretty pleased with Sony's constant screwups in regard to the PSP. The system hardware itself is pleasing to me, and I love being able to walk into any GameStop or local game store around here and find massive amounts of used-but-complete PSP games for less than $10-15 apiece...or as cheap as $5 apiece at Target when they go clearance. Considering I bought the PSP hardware from a friend, and I buy the vast majority of the games used, I don't have to feel bad about giving Sony any real support for being such backwards asstards.

Patapon 2 couldn't even sell for $5 on clearance at our Target. It went salvage.

Don't even get me started on all the PSX and PS2 games we could've seen in the US if it weren't for their boneheaded rules on what could be localized. :D

Anyone else pick this up yet? I just bought it. It's pretty damn awesome. If anyone wants to play versus online through Adhoc Party then let me know. It'd be cool to find some other people to play against on CAG.

[quote name='Razzuel']Anyone else pick this up yet? I just bought it. It's pretty damn awesome. If anyone wants to play versus online through Adhoc Party then let me know. It'd be cool to find some other people to play against on CAG.[/QUOTE]

$19.99 or lower and I'll bite.

I went out to buy a PSN card and purchased the game, and like Razzuel said, its pretty damn awesome. I'll admit I was a bit hesitent because of the price point, but after watching some videos I decided to bite. All I have to say is that its one of the most fun fighters I've played in a while. The story is pretty good and its fun to play as all the characters. Really has a lot of personality in it.

Well, I think the download is a good deal because it costs around $50 to import from Japan. The reason this game is DD only has to do with two reasons:
-English subs only (SCEA rejects games as retail if they are that way, unless they move onto a new generation platform).
-In reality, this game is just way too niche for most retailers to carry and would probably sell less than 10k in retail. It probably wouldn't be worth the cost of printing a UMD and such.

I HIGHLY recommend this.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I went out to buy a PSN card and purchased the game, and like Razzuel said, its pretty damn awesome. I'll admit I was a bit hesitent because of the price point, but after watching some videos I decided to bite. All I have to say is that its one of the most fun fighters I've played in a while. The story is pretty good and its fun to play as all the characters. Really has a lot of personality in it.

Well, I think the download is a good deal because it costs around $50 to import from Japan. The reason this game is DD only has to do with two reasons:
-English subs only (SCEA rejects games as retail if they are that way, unless they move onto a new generation platform).
-In reality, this game is just way too niche for most retailers to carry and would probably sell less than 10k in retail. It probably wouldn't be worth the cost of printing a UMD and such.

I HIGHLY recommend this.[/QUOTE]

Hey, ManaKnight, do you know if this game works with Adhoc Party? If it does we should play some matches against each other every once and a while.

Yeah, the game is a lot of fun. One of the reasons it is a lot of fun is because the game teaches you how to play each character through mission mode. If you can complete each of the missions in mission mode for a character and understand all of the general fighting techniques, then you would be a very competent player with that character.

Also, each of the characters play differently, so I haven't really been able to choose a favorite so far. Another thing is that the game has a ton of unlockables, so that's another reason to keep playing.

I definitely think it is worth $30.

[quote name='Razzuel']Hey, ManaKnight, do you know if this game works with Adhoc Party? If it does we should play some matches against each other every once and a while.

Yeah, the game is a lot of fun. One of the reasons it is a lot of fun is because the game teaches you how to play each character through mission mode. If you can complete each of the missions in mission mode for a character and understand all of the general fighting techniques, then you would be a very competent player with that character.

Also, each of the characters play differently, so I haven't really been able to choose a favorite so far. Another thing is that the game has a ton of unlockables, so that's another reason to keep playing.

I definitely think it is worth $30.[/QUOTE]Well, I just downloaded Ad-Hoc party (after you mentioned it, since my newer PS3 has WiFi and I can now do it). I finally got it setup and working, but I don't know if it works with this game yet. If it does, I'd definitely play with you. :)

I haven't fully played mission mode (just played a few missions), but I see exactly what you mean. It does a fantastic job teaching you the moves.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The game is on sale right now for $15. Everyone better buy it. :p[/QUOTE]

I might have to do that. Although I don't have any memory left with FF7 and the Dissidia install...

Very tempting now. I wanted the PS2 version back when it came out in Japan but I'm down to a total of $17-something on my PSN account.

I need a bigger memory stick for my PSP, who knew 8gb could fill up so quickly?

[quote name='blackjaw']$19.99 or lower and I'll bite.[/QUOTE]

It's under 20 dollars now, so you have no excuse for not buying it.

I know this is selfish, but I need people to play with on Adhoc Party, so more people need to buy this game. Oh, I guess it also helps that the game is fantastic. ;)

[quote name='Razzuel']It's under 20 dollars now, so you have no excuse for not buying it.

I know this is selfish, but I need people to play with on Adhoc Party, so more people need to buy this game. Oh, I guess it also helps that the game is fantastic. ;)[/QUOTE]You know I'll definitely play with you, I just gotta figure out how it works and find time to play all my wonderful friends. :whistle2:(

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You know I'll definitely play with you, I just gotta figure out how it works and find time to play all my wonderful friends. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Oh, and Adhoc Party is actually really easy to use. It doesn't take that long to feel everything out. I guess I should start working through those mission modes again because my skills have become pretty rusty as of late. I wouldn't want to embarrass myself now...;)

[quote name='PuppetYuber']This game is actually a lot better than I expected. The missions are really hard though, whereas the computer AI is extremely easy[/QUOTE]

I think that the mission mode difficulty is just right. It's great at teaching you how to play each character.

If you are wondering why the enemy AI is so lenient, then that is because the default difficulty is normal. You can change the difficulty—and some other game options—if you go to the options part of the menu. The game is really customizable, which is one of its strengths; for example, the practice mode has a ton of options, so that you can practice in any way that you want.

[quote name='Razzuel']I think that the mission mode difficulty is just right. It's great at teaching you how to play each character.

If you are wondering why the enemy AI is so lenient, then that is because the default difficulty is normal. You can change the difficulty—and some other game options—if you go to the options part of the menu. The game is really customizable, which is one of its strengths; for example, the practice mode has a ton of options, so that you can practice in any way that you want.[/QUOTE]

I know you can change difficulty, but even with the hardest difficulty the AI doesnt improve until like stage 5+ in arcade mode

mission mode is only hard because most of the combo performance doesnt register with PSP 1000. It is hard to connect most of them. One of them took me about 20 minutes to complete.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']I know you can change difficulty, but even with the hardest difficulty the AI doesnt improve until like stage 5+ in arcade mode

mission mode is only hard because most of the combo performance doesnt register with PSP 1000. It is hard to connect most of them. One of them took me about 20 minutes to complete.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I didn't even realize that since I never tried the harder difficulties. :p

Oh, that's what you meant by being too hard. Yeah, the combos can be a bit tough since the D-pad on the PSP 1000 is terrible, but that's the PSP's fault. You know, this may seem wrong to say this, but I think it would be a great idea: I actually want to be able to play PSP games on my PS3, so that the game can be on my TV and I can use a PS3 controller, but the only way to do that now is to buy a PSP Go, but I'm not buying one of those anytime soon.

The more I play this game the more I realize how unique and well thought out all of the characters are. Each character basically has their own rule set, which lies on top of a common foundation that all of the characters share. I don't think I can pick a favorite character because they are all quite interesting.

bread's done
Back