UFC 2009 Undisputed

kamiza

CAGiversary!
I was wondering how many of you have checked out the demo of this game. I picked it up a few days ago and I've been blown away by it. The control scheme seems really indepth but easy to get into. The graphics are great and the gameplay looks really slick. I love the fact that you can get caught by a one punch and your gone. In the first game I went down in 14 seconds.

I've really enjoyed the demo and think I'll definitely be picking it up at launch.

This is one demo that i have killed more time with than some of the psn games i've paid for (lemmings? ugh i regret that one) so this is a day 1 for sure. I think my brother said it right when he said "fight night meets throwdown."

I was shocked at how great the controls felt. It was easy enough for my wife's kid cousin to pickup, but there's enough there to really learn.

The roster list is incredible though. I don't think i have ever seen a fighting game with 80+ characters (plus 2 if ya preorder at gamestop) plus a create-a-fighter...can't wait

been playing it on the highest difficulty and only got one win and it was a lucky punch. its fun. very fun depending on how deep the create a player thing is and if you can take created players online against other people id pick it up. this replaces fight night as my favorite fighting game.

I got it preordered. Love MMA. Even though there is a large roster, you got to remember there are weigh classes so you can't just randomly pit Brock Lesnar against B.J. Penn, though if you could that could be fun.

I really enjoyed the demo but am renting this first before I buy it.I'm a huge fan and practitioner of MMA and feel the game is the best representation of the sport yet, but still feel it is lacking in a lot of areas.

I want to see how a few other matches play out first with other weight classes. What I'll be looking for before the game is bought: fights don't just become boxing matches, the ground game actually gets strategic with two BJJ experts, and that the mix of fighters truly feels like a mix of fighters and not just "fighter skins".

Overall, I'm impressed, but I want to make sure the depth is there before I plunk down the dough.

I am having sooooooooooo much fun with the demo. It's the only thing I've played over this past week.

The game becomes so grueling on the highest difficulty, but it's possible to fight smartly if you turn the stamina meters on. That's the key to beating tough fighters. You've got to fight smart.

I just played this one awesome match where it was 30 seconds away from going to decision, but I landed a well-timed head kick and scored a KO. I literally pumped my fist up in the air and yelled "YEAH!" It's that good!

I have the first UFC game on the Dreamcast, but I never really got into it, and I never played any of the other MMA games. I don't know how close this new one is to the older ones, but if it's a whole new type of fighting game, that's fantastic. They knocked this one out of the park in just one shot.

I think they've left things open in the demo that they need to fix, such as commentary during knockout replays. It looks like they're only in there for ground and pound TKO and submission replays.

Amazing game. Day 1 buy for me.

[quote name='blackjaw']I really enjoyed the demo but am renting this first before I buy it.I'm a huge fan and practitioner of MMA and feel the game is the best representation of the sport yet, but still feel it is lacking in a lot of areas.

I want to see how a few other matches play out first with other weight classes. What I'll be looking for before the game is bought: fights don't just become boxing matches, the ground game actually gets strategic with two BJJ experts, and that the mix of fighters truly feels like a mix of fighters and not just "fighter skins".

Overall, I'm impressed, but I want to make sure the depth is there before I plunk down the dough.[/quote]

If all you're getting out of the demo is a boxing match, you're playing it wrong. Crank up the difficulty to expert and try throwing some of those big bombs with Chuck. Shogun will take you down and have you submitted in about 30 seconds. The higher difficulties force strategy to even make it out of the first round.

Getting it day 1 :) For those who can't decide on the 360 or PS3 version, I've noticed that the PS3 is a lot cleaner in graphics and a lot sharper. The colors might be a little bit lighter, but overall I think it looks better on PS3. The 360 seems to have white aliasing issues on the octagon cage if you look closely. The PS3 is smooth as butter.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If all you're getting out of the demo is a boxing match, you're playing it wrong. Crank up the difficulty to expert and try throwing some of those big bombs with Chuck. Shogun will take you down and have you submitted in about 30 seconds. The higher difficulties force strategy to even make it out of the first round.[/QUOTE]

I don't play as Chuck...I like him as a fighter, but I'm not a big fan of his style.

Playing as Shogun, Chuck is pretty much a 1-dimensional fighter now (hence all of his recent losses and retirement). He is basically a heavy handed dude with some wrestling skills. Even with the difficulty at the max, he refuses to do takedowns which inevitably ends up making the game a boxing match with occasional kicks thrown in. Sure it can get interesting when I go for a takedown with Shogun and we get into reversals and stuff, but 90% of my matches start out boxing and end as boxing.

Trust me, I've played this demo more times than I care to admit, have seen all sorts of KO's and tapouts, and I'm still on the fence on the purchase. I stand by my initial preview that I want to see more of the fighters styles to make sure things stay interesting and that I wont get bored with stalemate boxing.

[quote name='blackjaw']I don't play as Chuck...I like him as a fighter, but I'm not a big fan of his style.

Playing as Shogun, Chuck is pretty much a 1-dimensional fighter now (hence all of his recent losses and retirement). He is basically a heavy handed dude with some wrestling skills. Even with the difficulty at the max, he refuses to do takedowns which inevitably ends up making the game a boxing match with occasional kicks thrown in. Sure it can get interesting when I go for a takedown with Shogun and we get into reversals and stuff, but 90% of my matches start out boxing and end as boxing.

Trust me, I've played this demo more times than I care to admit, have seen all sorts of KO's and tapouts, and I'm still on the fence on the purchase. I stand by my initial preview that I want to see more of the fighters styles to make sure things stay interesting and that I wont get bored with stalemate boxing.[/quote]

Umm...I'm not sure I understand your point. You just got done saying Chuck has become a one dimensional fighter, and then proceed to complain about him only wanting to strike in the game. Doesn't that just mean it's realistic? I will say that I think Chuck's takedown and submission defense is too high though. I was never able to get a submission until I just started using Chuck and did them on Shogun.

I think there are certain aspects of the game that are maybe a bit exagerrated, but for a video game, I think it works. There's nothing wrong with waiting to find out what the full game is like, but I would be shocked if the more submission oriented guys aren't beasts on the ground. Honestly, I can't think of a more convincing demo than this though. It's the most fun I've had in a long time.

Unfortunately for you Kamiza I have this reserved on 360 as it's a numbers game for me. 1 or 2 PSN friends getting the game, or at least 8-10 on the 360 side.

What are the pre-order bonuses for it across the pond? Here it's either 2 exclusive fighters (Gamestop,) a $10 off a UFC PPV coupon (Best Buy,) or a Best of UFC DVD (Game Crazy.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Unfortunately for you Kamiza I have this reserved on 360 as it's a numbers game for me. 1 or 2 PSN friends getting the game, or at least 8-10 on the 360 side.

What are the pre-order bonuses for it across the pond? Here it's either 2 exclusive fighters (Gamestop,) a $10 off a UFC PPV coupon (Best Buy,) or a Best of UFC DVD (Game Crazy.)[/quote]

We also get two fighters. I've put details, as well as my detailed thoughts on the game in my new blog (link in sig)

The demo seems pretty easy especially when I knocked out chuck in 15 seconds on expert. Its really easy to just stand up and throw punches.

Chucks take down defense is hard you really cant take him down . The only way you'll get him on the ground is if you knock him down and run in and most of the time the game will want you to gnp him.

I was also able to get shuck in a triangle from the bottom position.

The game is cool but i hope its a little more challenging. i know chuck inst really in his prime these days but he should have lasted a while against shogun.

i thought the demo was fun, but its not worth the $60 for me at least, i'll wait till i can pick it up for $19.99

If you get it at Best Buy, you have the chance to get a $10 off a pay per view purchase, which would mean the PPV would cost $35 standard price or $45 in HD...I think.

Who are the two Gamestop exclusive fighters? Is it like with WWE Smackdown were they just give you a code in advance that you would have had anyways by unlocking the characters?

Ryan Bader and Efrain Escudero. They are the two Ultimate Fighter winners from the last season.

Most likely they will give you a code.

When you get it at FYE you get UFC 93 dvd, I think it's 93, its the one with the Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson main event. Thats a 20 dollar dvd, thats where I am grabbing mine, well who are the two bonus fighters?

Does anyone know if the bonus DVD from GameCrazy's pre-order going to arrive when the game drops or a little earlier(much like the Metal Gear Saga Vol.2 DVD)?

[quote name='yohsh']The demo seems pretty easy especially when I knocked out chuck in 15 seconds on expert. Its really easy to just stand up and throw punches.

Chucks take down defense is hard you really cant take him down . The only way you'll get him on the ground is if you knock him down and run in and most of the time the game will want you to gnp him.

I was also able to get shuck in a triangle from the bottom position.

The game is cool but i hope its a little more challenging. i know chuck inst really in his prime these days but he should have lasted a while against shogun.[/quote]

Turn up the difficulty and see what happens. 360 users have reported the game is extremely tough on expert or whatever the highest difficulty is called.

Anybody planning on grabbing this for PS3? Just preordered mine yesterday. I told myself I wasn't buying anything soon, but the demo sold me big time.

[quote name='primetime']Anybody planning on grabbing this for PS3? Just preordered mine yesterday. I told myself I wasn't buying anything soon, but the demo sold me big time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I'm getting it. I'm jumping on that Best Buy deal.

Hi i just want to share some thoughts on the highly anticipated game UFC Undisputed 2009. I am a huge fan of ufc i have been watching ufc for around 5 years, and i actually do muay thai now, so i am not a hater of ufc :) this is going to be the review of what i think of ufc undisputed.

I was really really excited about this game when it first had it previews of what the game was like. Once the demo was out i download it right away. I am going to state out the Pros and Cons about this game.

I will start out with the Pros

1.) Graphics This game has AMAZING GRAPHICS i mean the characters are SOO REAL. Rampage Jackson looks like himself lol Chuck liddel, GSP, Bj Penn all look like if they are real. The audience doesn't look bad either although not as detail as the fighter but still look decent with lots of effort put into it. 9/10

2.) Audio: WOW does this game feel like your actually watching ufc. The announcer Bruce Buffer is the same voice as you will expect in the real ufc, Joe rogan sounds exactly the same. Even the timing when they are announcing is exactly correct and follows order. 10/10

3.) Gameplay: Really good gameplay going on with the game. Tons of submission and lots of different way to play with tons of stragety. Feels like your actually in the ring trying to fight your way up. Triangles chokes. Rear nake chokes, arm bar are all avalible in this game. Depends on how you mount and what you press to do the submission.

4.) Up to 82 fighters with 2 fighter that will have to buy online if not bought from eb games and gamespot. You can make your own fighter, good carrer, online play and tons of stuff you can do.

Now it time for the Cons (Not here to bring down the game but to point out some real problems, a game is never perfect)

1.) Game design: Although the game should recieve at least an 8 there are still some problems with the game. First off the biggest problem is with some of the buttons. If anyone played fight night round 3, or seen fight night round 4 you will think ufc undisputed punching technique is a joke. Fight night games require to wind up punches on the anolog stick for a stronger punch. For ufc undisputed there is nothing simliar to how powerful your punch in going to be, a power punch is just foward on right anolog stick plus punch button. They should make it, the longer you hold the harder the punch. For example if you want to do a knock out hook hold foward on anolog and hold the punch botton longer. This technique should be the same with kicks. This problem make the gameplay a real dissapointment in this game.

2.) Replays: replays are not too bad but there should be more close up and put more feel to the game. When you knock a guy out the fighter will stand in front of the other knockout fighter without any emotions. He doesn't look like he happy or the KOed fighter doesn't look dissapointed. The winner looks as if the game just started LOL hello put some emotions here. After there will be a cutsence showing how happy he is but i think it should either play right away without the load or screw the cutscene and just make him look happy do some special move when he wins :)

3.) Gameplay: You never know when you get knocked out. There should some kind of indicator that you can't take any more punches or kicks. i don't mean we need a health bar, but always some kind of bar that shows ok you will not be able to take 3 more punches so move away from the fight, stall some more time before running back into the fight. This is a major disadvantage for most players WHY as you ask. reason is that you never know when you get knocked out, you can run into the game after 1 mins your down with 2 punches , or 1 punch really depends on how lucky you are. There should be an indicator after 2 strong punches, your down for it if you get another punch light or heavy, or If you get want to knock out the other player wind up your punch for a ko. SOrry but this part of the game really dissapoints me which makes me want to get this game when it a bit cheaper. Also they should of copy some of fight night round 4 physics move. Different shots different facial expressions. How the fighter falls etc.. if you saw trailers for fight night round 4 you will be so surprised.

Conclusion: Don't get me wrong this game is not bad at all i would give it a fair 8.5, reason why is i didn't think the put enough gameplay value into it, yes there is lots of submission but after submission put some interested parts into punches and kicks. You guys might think i am asking why to much. I don't think so why because if fight night round 4 is able to do such good powerups shots, knock out and use physics to rule the gameplay why not ufc undisputed. We all pay money for this game, here in canada 69.99 without tax, after tax is around 80 pretty expensive should i do expect something better. Well i hope lol when they come out with another ufc game they will put in some of these things for improvement. Comparing this game with other ufc games produced this one is a huge hit, the older ufc games are just plain garbage. This game is worth getting but i think it needs to cool off for a bit. People are just to hyped for this game. I will pick this game up when the price drops a bit at around 40 dollars will be a deal :) This is my opinion

Feel free to put it any of your thought in this game anything welcome just want to see how people feel about this game

[quote name='blackjaw']This would have been better served in a blog or in the "official" UFC discussion right below this topic.[/QUOTE]
exactly.....check out the blogs section bro

huge UFC fan or MMA fan? thats a big difference.

graphics are okay but the character design is not very accurate.

example: where are shogun's tattoos?

[quote name='mr.ying']
3.) Gameplay: You never know when you get knocked out. There should some kind of indicator that you can't take any more punches or kicks. i don't mean we need a health bar, but always some kind of bar that shows ok you will not be able to take 3 more punches so move away from the fight, stall some more time before running back into the fight. This is a major disadvantage for most players WHY as you ask. reason is that you never know when you get knocked out, you can run into the game after 1 mins your down with 2 punches , or 1 punch really depends on how lucky you are. There should be an indicator after 2 strong punches, your down for it if you get another punch light or heavy, or If you get want to knock out the other player wind up your punch for a ko. SOrry but this part of the game really dissapoints me which makes me want to get this game when it a bit cheaper. Also they should of copy some of fight night round 4 physics move. Different shots different facial expressions. How the fighter falls etc.. if you saw trailers for fight night round 4 you will be so surprised.[/QUOTE]

In the options menu, you can turn on the stamina indicator so you can get a sense of how much damage you can take and if you should back off or be aggressive and continue the attack. Though there is still the chance for those lucky punches that can instantly knock you out even if you have full stamina as some people have done within ten seconds of the match starting.

I watched the gametrailers review and I believe they gave it a 8.6. I created a muay thai, BJJ fighter in the middleweight division. I'm 2-0 so far with 2 KO's. I'm still trying to get a full grasp on the ground game/BJJ controls. Having a blast so far.

How is everybodys' experience online. In the four matches I been in, it was very laggy, like a good 2 seconds or so. I lost each time I wasn't host and it was laggy, and won the one time I was host. It isn't very fun when you're getting defeated because of bad lag.

Also anybody got tips on dealing with the ground game and submission. In my career mode, I'm 9-3 with all the loses due to submissions and I did each of the fights 5-8 times each and lose each time due to a submission.

[quote name='Thongsy']How is everybodys' experience online. In the four matches I been in, it was very laggy, like a good 2 seconds or so. I lost each time I wasn't host and it was laggy, and won the one time I was host. It isn't very fun when you're getting defeated because of bad lag.

Also anybody got tips on dealing with the ground game and submission. In my career mode, I'm 9-3 with all the loses due to submissions and I did each of the fights 5-8 times each and lose each time due to a submission.[/QUOTE]

My experience online can be summed up in 4 words: I hate Anderson Silva :lol:

I bought the game at launch and am loving it. I've tried playing online all night and have been able to play 8 matches going 7-1. But it takes forever for me to get in a match. I constantly can't find matches or create them.

I did manage to get my first sub tonight while fighting a brock lesnar against my frank mir

im getting tomorrow. i tried the demo, and cant remember how to do a submission, ill try it tomorrow when i get the actual game.

[quote name='primetime']My experience online can be summed up in 4 words: I hate Anderson Silva :lol:[/QUOTE]

I dunno, my CAF beat the shit out of Anderson Silva, but that's to be expected for who he is. :cool:

So how are matches organized around here? I'd like to get some light heavyweight player matches in to practice more online, send me a request at: B__L

[quote name='B:L']I dunno, my CAF beat the shit out of Anderson Silva, but that's to be expected for who he is. :cool:

So how are matches organized around here? I'd like to get some light heavyweight player matches in to practice more online, send me a request at: B__L[/QUOTE]

I'll try to remember next time I log on. I've been trying to work on my Rampage.

For me, the hardest part of this game is the major and minor transitions. It's going to take some getting use to. It's easy to do with the tutorial but its a lot different when I'm getting my head beat in as I try to transition out.

[quote name='Rafael122']For me, the hardest part of this game is the major and minor transitions. It's going to take some getting use to. It's easy to do with the tutorial but its a lot different when I'm getting my head beat in as I try to transition out.[/QUOTE]

Try mastering the reversal; flicker the right stick to the side when they try a transition to reverse them.

bread's done
Back