GoGamer Super Powered Madness

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]331[/img-r]The following are on sale at GoGamer. Check the clock on the product pages for sale ending time.

:ps3: Haze $7.90
:360: Fracture $9.90*
:360: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $49.90
:pc: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $29.90
:pc: Lego Batman $12.90
:pc: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows $4.90*
:pc: Incredible Hulk $4.90
:pc: X-Men: The Official Game $2.90
:pc: Magic the Gathering: Battle Grounds $2.90
:pc: Hidden & Dangerous 2 $2.90
:pc: Paradise $7.90
:pc: Patrician II $1.90
:pc: Agatha Christie Murder on the Orient Express $14.90
:pc: Football Mogul 2007 $1.90
:pc: Shaun White Snowboarding 14.90*
:pc: Ancient Wars: Sparta - The Fate Of Hellas $4.90
:pc: Men of War $19.90*

* International version

Last edited by a moderator:
Some good shit in there.

I really like EndWar (though just for the voice control gimmick, really), and Men of War is an excellent game. Also, for anyone missing an NWN expansion, that's not a bad deal to complete a collection.

I played the Wolverine demo last night. I thought it was pretty fun. Not $50 fun though. I wish it and the Spider-Man game for PC were Games for Windows Live. I need my nerd points. :)

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Spider-Man: Web of Shadows International version and the normal version? I've never bought an international version of a game before and since they were very carfeul to point it out, I want to make sure I'm not making a bad decision. Do I just not get the ESRB rating on the cover? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so everyone knows haze is hands down on of the worst fps ever created. I tried to play it and had to stop within 20 min because it was that bad. Even if someone paid me I still wouldn't take that game.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Fix'd.[/quote]

I acutally played through the whole shellshock 2 on my pc and haze makes shellshock 2 look like crysis. Don't get me wrong i am a fps whore and haze is one of the only recent fps that i can think of that was just really ugly.

Does anyone know if that Magic the Gathering game is any good? I used to play the card game with my friends constantly when I was a kid...

[quote name='Gaming-Module']Almost want to get Fracture, but between Timeshift and Jericho I think I've spent enough money on mediocre but still enjoyable at

Gonna try for Haze just because I don't own my actual PS3 games. Although last time I ordered during a GoGamer sale, I didn't hear anything from them for a month till I was told by Google Checkout that my order was canceled.

[quote name='carn311']Does anyone know if that Magic the Gathering game is any good? I used to play the card game with my friends constantly when I was a kid...[/QUOTE]

IMO, it's complete crap--it is NOT the card game you know.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Gonna try for Haze just because I don't own my actual PS3 games. Although last time I ordered during a GoGamer sale, I didn't hear anything from them for a month till I was told by Google Checkout that my order was canceled.[/quote]

Don't scare me! :hot:

[quote name='Gillespee']Does anyone know what the difference is between the Spider-Man: Web of Shadows International version and the normal version? I've never bought an international version of a game before and since they were very carfeul to point it out, I want to make sure I'm not making a bad decision. Do I just not get the ESRB rating on the cover? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

The International Version for Windows games doesn't make any difference. Ive bought a few International tagged games from GoGamer before and never had a problem. The only thing you may see is a different rating system on the box. But Windows is Windows and it will play anywhere.

However my question is the International version of Fracture. 360 games are region locked, so if I spend the $10 since I couldn't find it at the BB sale, will it play?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']IMO, it's complete crap--it is NOT the card game you know.[/quote]

[quote name='carn311']Does anyone know if that Magic the Gathering game is any good? I used to play the card game with my friends constantly when I was a kid...[/quote]

It kind of plays like a fighting game except you have spells instead of punches and kicks. Not a good game especially if you're looking for a Magic card-battling game which this is not. If you have an Xbox 360, there is a Magic card-battling game coming for XBLA within the next two months. I believe it's called Duels of the Planeswalkers.

highly recommend getting Web of Shadows if you own a mid to high-range system. but even at that price I'd get it regardless and wait til you could play it some day, haven't played a Spidey game as good as that in a while.

[quote name='jalu6']The International Version for Windows games doesn't make any difference. Ive bought a few International tagged games from GoGamer before and never had a problem. The only thing you may see is a different rating system on the box. But Windows is Windows and it will play anywhere.

However my question is the International version of Fracture. 360 games are region locked, so if I spend the $10 since I couldn't find it at the BB sale, will it play?[/QUOTE]

I've purchased the International version of Fracture (Australian, actually) from GoGamer and it worked fine on my US 360.

I got Haze. I too rented it from Gamefly back when it first came out, and me and a friend had fun playing it coop. For 11 bucks sheet, why not add it to the collection. :)

You can get Neverwinter Nights: Diamond for cheaper than getting each individual component through this sale.

A friend of mine here on CAG and I got Haze for $10 back when BB had it on sale a while ago. It's one of those games that's SOOOO bad it becomes awesome.

I bit on Fracture. I played the demo. Although mediocre, I can find myself enjoying this game. Haze is tempting but I hear that it's a really bad game. Besides, I'm kind of sick of 1st person shooters and I have like 5 games that I haven't even played yet. I hate you CAG.

[quote name='carn311']Does anyone know if that Magic the Gathering game is any good? I used to play the card game with my friends constantly when I was a kid...[/quote]

It was about as good as I expected paying $5 for the xbox version a year or two back. Mildly entertaining for awhile, but only if you go in with the full understanding that it is only related to the card game in name and basic rules. It plays more like a hybrid between an RPG battle system in real time and a fighting game.
It's definitely a very small crowd that can even tolerate the game, however, as I have quite a few buddies that are pretty into Magic and couldn't stand this game.

haha, even at that price, i still won't get Haze.

gonna wait for Wolverine to go $40 before i bite.

i got web of shadows, game looks REALLY fun and im an absolute spidey fanatic. lol, these go gamer deals always drive me into buying binges; i bought rainbow six vegas 1 off ebay for 7 bucks just because me and my friend love vegas 2 and have almost beat all the terrorist hunts on realistic. long live cheap games!

[quote name='iHack']Don't scare me! :hot:[/QUOTE]

Hopefully we'll be safe since it's early in the deal. The deal i got burned on was Eternal Sonata for 13 dollars back in December or January. I didn't order till the afternoon so they probably didn't have enough stock or just didn't want to sell that many for that price.

Damn, was gonna bite on Fracture for the 360, but it says out of stock. Ah well, it'll pop up cheap again somewhere again, for sure. :bomb:

I had haze in my cart yesterday and looked up reviews decided not to now i was about go go give it a shot and its out of stock. Maybe that was a good thing hahaha...

[quote name='s2k']Just so everyone knows haze is hands down on of the worst fps ever created. I tried to play it and had to stop within 20 min because it was that bad. Even if someone paid me I still wouldn't take that game.[/QUOTE]

Yikes. I liked Haze a lot more than the Call of Duty series. Thought it was on par with Gears and F.E.A.R., that type of thing.

is anyone's order still at "Sourced" on gogamer? either they are really slow to update their site or they are just a slow company. my shipping hasnt been particularly good with them, but just curious if anyone has had issues with ordering and taking weeks+ to get their item? i got spiderman web of shadows btw

[quote name='Maklershed']Hmmm thinking about Haze[/quote]

Yeah, same here. It can't be so bad that it isn't worth $8, can it?

29 hrs left on it. Ahhhh...I just don't know!!

Oh, out of stock... Didn't see that. I fugred since the timer was still going..Decision made for me then!

bread's done
Back