Feedback
25 (100%)
g090508_01-pic01.jpg

Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver
Release Date:
September 12, 2009 (Japan)
March 14th, 2010 (U.S.)

From Bublanews

Several have revealed that the announcement of a major, popularly-discussed Pokémon game will be made later this month. Pokémon Sunday is set to unveil the title May 10.
The show's official Web site describes the contents of next week's episode as "a worldwide first announcement and a worldwide first big scoop". The upcoming issues of CoroCoro and Dream, which are Japanese, have likewise been disclosed and are known to contain information regarding a "much-talked-about big title", although it is not directly stated that a Pokémon game is involved. Both magazine issues will be released after the airing of Pokémon Sunday.
Furthermore, the most recent episode previewed the annnouncement by showing two balls: one gold and one silver. Based on this as well as the fact that the game is said to have been the center of much speculation, many fans believe that the announcement will pertain to two titles: the Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes. It is also theorized that Junichi Masuda will appear to make the announcement, since he did so both last month and the month prior in regard to other game-related scoops.
In a certain twist of events, poster Wii Will Rock U over at NeoGAF, said he's 99.9% sure that the games will indeed be a G/S remake for the DS, coming out in Fall of this year in Japan, and Spring 2010 here in the U.S.

I can confirm to you all that this announcement is indeed a Gold and Silver remake as I JUST heard news of it from my buddy in Treehouse who has known for a while and while I knew (and actually told through PM a few people on GAF) I feel as though now is as good of a time as any to let everyone know.

Release is Late 2009 Japan release, Spring 2010 America.

Also, expect an announcement soon after E3 of a new Wii based Pokemon game compatible with these new games as well as Platinum.
I for one, am very excited. Can't wait to get my hands on the Japanese import copies later this year, and then the U.S. versions next year.

Sources for official announcement and confirmation of remakes, in Japanese only unfortunately, but the remakes are only confirmed for a Fall 2009 release for Japan right now.

Link 1
Link 2

We learned on the 7th that "Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver," the second entry in the popular RPG series, originally released on the Gameboy system in November of 1999, will be remade for the Nintendo DS this autumn under the titles "HeartGold" and "SoulSilver." New elements will be added in this tenth anniversary return to the Johto Region.

A continuation of the original series (Pocket Monsters Red, Green, Blue, and Pikachu), Gold and Silver recorded remarkable sales of 23,000,000 copies worldwide. It introduced monsters that hadn't appeared in the gameboy games, along with various new features.

Red and Green, the first games of the Pokemon series, were remade for the Gameboy Advance in 2004 as "Fire Red and Leaf Green," making this the second set of remakes. While Red and Green had fantastic upgrades in their transition from Gameboy to Gameboy Advance, this time the games are skipping the Gameboy Advance and going directly from Gameboy to DS. So they will almost certainly have drastically upgraded graphics and sound. Details will be released on the official site shortly.

Currently in development for the Nintendo DS are the newest entries in the Pokemon series: "Pocket Monsters HeartGold and SoulSilver." Taking place in the Johto region, the games will be upgraded with all of the series' current features and will also be paced with brand new features. This year marks the tenth anniversary of "Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver's" release on the original gameboy, so its revival is only fitting. Since its release in 1999, the game has sold over 23,000,000 copies worldwide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Mm75hxX7Q

Link to full video trailer

fon6li.jpg

2d11tn9.jpg

29z278j.jpg

1412k54.jpg

0905132002db2506f9dafeebe2.jpg

0905132002b2c5d5b87bfb8787.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi0G3BK4N1U

For even more detailed Heart Gold & Soul Silver info, be sure to check out Serebii.net

Full index of in-game images that have been released can be found here.

Pre-Orders have become available at Play-Asia.com. Link can be found here and here.

I will update the OP as more information slowly becomes available.

Reminders
There are currently two Wi-Fi events coming to Heart Gold and Soul Silver in Japan.

The first is a Mew event, running from November 11th to November 23rd. The Mew will be at level 5 and have a Premier Ribbon attached. The Mew will also be available for Japanese Diamond, Pearl & Platinum users for download from January 29th to February 11th.

The second Wi-Fi event is for an Enigma Crystal, which releases Latios/Latias into the world in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. The event will be held over Wi-Fi from November 27th until January 11th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the G/S games the one where if you beat the game, they let you go into the Kanto region and capture all the Pokemon from Red/Blue?

As PokeBeach pointed out, this year (November 2009) marks the 10th anniversary of the Gold/Silver release in Japan, so a remake announcement would make the most sense.

[quote name='lilboo']Ohh, Gold/Silver remake would be a very nice thing.[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Are the G/S games the one where if you beat the game, they let you go into the Kanto region and capture all the Pokemon from Red/Blue?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Even though I don't care for the Pokemon games now, I will still get the G/S remake. I have such good memories with that game...

Or, the announcement would be R/B remake on the DS. That would be funny.

I really wish they would just make a Pokemon game that enabled you to capture every single Pokemon with a single cart. Just one. Like, make one ultimate Pokemon game that has all of the existing Pokemon up until now. Then for the next Pokemon series of games, make them exclusive again.

I always wanted the 3rd edition of the games to work like that (ie. Yellow has all Red/Blue Pokemons, Crystal has all Gold/Silver etc)

It won't happen because the whole point of making Pokemon exclusive to certain versions was to increase sales. But I could always hope.

Make it $60 I don't care. If it let me capture all 493 or whatever, sure.

Im gonna laugh if its another spin off title lol
Somehow though, I feel the remake of G/S wont be as good as it originally was.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Somehow though, I feel the remake of G/S wont be as good as it originally was.[/QUOTE]

/agree

Well, this is a return to an old gen. They're going to have to pull out ALL of the stops here because there was not any Emerald/Platinum equivalent for Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Gold/Silver needs to have EVERYTHING in it. Game Freak only has one shot at it.

I would say yes to this IF it doesn't come out full price

maybe reduced by a bit since it's been out already >:[

[quote name='SuxoR']I would say yes to this IF it doesn't come out full price
[/QUOTE]

Surprise, it's coming out at only a buck less than full price!

...you're joking, right?

[quote name='Nohbdy']because there was not any Emerald/Platinum equivalent for Fire Red/Leaf Green.
[/QUOTE]

Pokémon Yellow begs to differ.

[quote name='blackjaw']Pokémon Yellow begs to differ.[/QUOTE]

Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Yellow never counted as a Crystal/Emerald/Platinum-style game. It was comissioned to follow the anime.

That's kind of cool.

Gold/Silver were the best ones anyways.

Nintendo really should just give in and make a Pokemon MMO. It would pretty much be free money.

[quote name='whoknows']That's kind of cool.

Nintendo really should just give in and make a Pokemon MMO. It would pretty much be free money.[/quote]

I was thinking along the lines of a Pokemon/Monster Hunter type thing.

What I could see them maybe doing, is having new and extra pokemon to be catchable in your game through a dsi download. You pay 600 dsi points to unlock all the pokemon to be catchable from the other color of your game.

[quote name='BlindPete']What I could see them maybe doing, is having new and extra pokemon to be catchable in your game through a dsi download. You pay 600 dsi points to unlock all the pokemon to be catchable from the other color of your game.[/QUOTE]

You.

Stop posting this instant.

[quote name='BlindPete']What I could see them maybe doing, is having new and extra pokemon to be catchable in your game through a dsi download. You pay 600 dsi points to unlock all the pokemon to be catchable from the other color of your game.[/quote]

What a fantastic idea! Maybe you can also pay 1000 DSi points and you can create your own pokemon by fusing them together. Pikasaur, Bulba-lax, Squirnyx. YOURE A GENIUS!

:booty::booty::booty::booty:

Yes! I'm almost done with Pokemon Pearl. This would be very nice.

[quote name='whoknows']That's kind of cool.

Nintendo really should just give in and make a Pokemon MMO. It would pretty much be free money.[/quote]

Seriously that would be the best. I've always felt it would be cool if it looked like True Live Fantasy (the game that never came out) Cell Shaded to look like the TV shows (could look identical) and have it so there are wild pokemon roaming around, you click on them and it throws your pokemon and you are locked into the battle and it plays just like a regular battle. And you can have duels and be able to customize your pokemons with different colors ect.

Wow, I'm such a little boy. Haha.

I'm goddamn waiting for polygonal Pokemon so they actually ANIMATE.

And none of that Colosseum/Battle Revolution cop-out bullshit.

[quote name='Nohbdy']I'm goddamn waiting for polygonal Pokemon so they actually ANIMATE.

And none of that Colosseum/Battle Revolution cop-out bullshit.[/quote]
Yes, that would be cool. Or atleast better attack animations... and friggen Battle Revolution is still 50 bucks - I want to pick it up (to battle my GF) if it was maybe 10 dollars... Friggen pokemon prices never change.

I'm excited if this is true. I never did play Gold or Silver. I played Blue and was in the right age for it..when Gold/Silver came out.. I was "too old" for Pokemanz and Ruby/Sapphire didn't appeal to me since I didn't play Gold/Silver :(
I did play the remake of Blue on GBA and really enjoyed it. Would love to finally play Gold/Silver..especially on a remake on the DS...

[quote name='lilboo']I'm excited if this is true. I never did play Gold or Silver. I played Blue and was in the right age for it..when Gold/Silver came out.. I was "too old" for Pokemanz and Ruby/Sapphire didn't appeal to me since I didn't play Gold/Silver :(
I did play the remake of Blue on GBA and really enjoyed it. Would love to finally play Gold/Silver..especially on a remake on the DS...[/QUOTE]

I only pray that if it is a remake of G/S that it isn't just G/S with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum skins....that would be uber lame. Perhaps some new/updated graphics would be nice.

[quote name='whoknows']
Nintendo really should just give in and make a Pokemon MMO. It would pretty much be free money.[/QUOTE]

I'm certain you don't know what you are talking about.

[quote name='Strell']I'm certain you don't know what you are talking about.[/QUOTE]

I'm certain I never know what I'm talking about.

Doesn't mean I'm wrong though :cool:

You honestly think you just make "free" money running an MMO?

Yes, you make free money. In the same way eating a piece of paper with the word "steak" written on it is just like the real thing.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm certain I never know what I'm talking about.

Doesn't mean I'm wrong though :cool:[/quote]
Although I'd love to see an MMO, I think they are printing money just fine with their endless pokemon games.

[quote name='jeremiahkd']Are they going to remake crystal too?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. When they re-made Firered and Leafgreen, they didn't do the original Yellow. And I'm really excited about this. I played Gold, and I thought it was one of the best of the series.

Nobody here thinking it might be a console pokemon game-- not an MMO, just a pokemon game done in 3D, on the Wii? They've still never done it, besides the cop-out of the colloseum crap.

[quote name='jeremiahkd']Are they going to remake crystal too?[/quote]

I really doubt it. But I felt that Crystal was the best of the GB/GBC Pokemon games. Battle Tower was fantastic! I had a team for each level. :)

G/S were my favorite generation, by far. So much inovation between R/B and G/S. I've played all of em since, but they just never had that "OMG, this is amazing" change in the experience, and have been more of minor refinements.

Also, I know it's a great portable series, but are we EVER going to get a Wii Pokemon? I mean, imagine a full fledged pokemon game, but with the colosseum graphics. pipedream since N64 days, I know.

oh, I'm certainly not getting my hopes up. I'm not even sure I'd still enjoy Pokémon at all, I haven't played since Yellow. Because you cannot top having Pikachu actually follow you around like in the show oh my god that is awesome! But I mean, I'm just surprised Nintendo hasn't done it. Not to mention it's about the easiest way to move Wiis besides producing other colours.

I'm just saying the dev team came out a few weeks ago and said they are against an MMO because - and this is deliciously ironic - that "it doesn't foster playing with other people the same way a portable game does."

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

I doubt a console version because the current games have either been spin-offs or simply battle-centric, with no real story or anything. Sure there is SOME single player, but it's never been emphasized in a good way on the Gamecube/Wii.

So yeah. Just keepin' everyone real.

[quote name='gaxur']Or it could be another Pokémon Snap![/quote]

That would be a major letdown in comparison to what exists currently, but it would still be a good thing.

bread's done
Back