List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you want to include any of this info but Carcassone was free for XBL 5th anniversary. Undertow was free as compensation following XBL downtime last year. All hard drives come with Hexic HD for free. Hexic HD is not available for download even if you delete the game accidently. Apparantly you'll need to call Xbox support for a redemption code if you happen to delete the game. There was also the vote for XBLA awards that was listed under arcade games. But I guess you can't really call that a game :p

Texas Hold'em added as "now costing points"

I'l be putting descriptions and explanations shortly, your sggestions will be appreciated.

I did not know 1 vs. 100 would be free until now. Thanks for the info! Also, I d'loaded Yaris and HATED it! I deleted it soon afterwards. Now people are getting suckered to buy it? *sigh* Also, I'm ticked off that I bought Texas Hold Em a couple of months ago when even THAT was free. Oh well.

P.S. You may want to add "Family Game Night" on your free list, even though it's just has demos of board games

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='budz']I did not know 1 vs. 100 would be free until now. Thanks for the info! Also, I d'loaded Yaris and HATED it! I deleted it soon afterwards. Now people are getting suckered to buy it? *sigh* Also, I'm ticked off that I bought Texas Hold Em a couple of months ago when even THAT was free. Oh well.

P.S. You may want to add "Family Game Night" on your free list, even though it's just has demos of board games[/quote]
I'd still consider it a demo.

[quote name='Spades22']Hexic 2 HD was free for a bit...Korean account had to be made, but it was still free.[/quote]
Already added, but I will update it with the exact name (I only said Hexic, not Hexic 2 HD)

[quote name='Nealocus123']Hey this is a great thread idea. Thanks OP. Maybe if it gets big enough we cans sticky it.[/quote]
Thank you so much! I'm sure stickying it would help a lot of people.... :whistle2:\"

[quote name='GizmoGC']Never heard of Dash of Destruction...any good?[/quote]
I liked it, and it's 200 gamerpoints in less than 15 minutes, if that appeals to you. :)

Does anyone know the specific dates games were taken down and/or no longer free? I've entered the one for Yaris, but that's all I know!

is 1 vs. 100 actually free to get, or free to play?
There's gonna be prizes to win with that game, not sure if they're trying to make it pay to play for silver

[quote name='decrot']is 1 vs. 100 actually free to get, or free to play?
There's gonna be prizes to win with that game, not sure if they're trying to make it pay to play for silver[/quote]
The full game will be free for gold members. And yes, real prizes.

Just did some major updates;
Added sources, information, links, ect.

Quick question: Should I credit the CAG's that gave me the links, or just the links as I was doing before?

Great Idea for a thread. Beats going through the entire list of arcade games checking for free.
I would suggest that we also add game content that is now free. Add ons such as map packs, L4D survival add on, etc.

If this thread gets stickied and we all keep it up to date with all free content it would be a great resource for those of us looking for arcade games and game add on content on the cheap.

[quote name='Nebenator']Thank you so much! I'm sure stickying it would help a lot of people.... :whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]

No offense, as helpful threads are always great, but we only get a free game once every 6 months, if that. When we do there is usually a thread in the bargains section as well as the 360 forum, so it's usually pretty well known. I don't see why we would need a sticky just for that.

Now like thesilentshadow said, if you were to add free add-ons and/or the weekly discounted items, then we're talking.

Also, since you can d/l everything from the web now, hyperlinking all your games/add-ons would be wonderful.

Just to help you get started:
Aegis Wing
Doritos: Dash of Destruction
Totemball

This is a great thread, thanks. I am currently DLing the free games now and to be honest without this thread I would've had no clue at all.

Hexic HD and Hexic 2 are two different games...at least they appear as so on my 360 even though I haven't tried Hexic 2. I find the game terribly boring so haven't really played them, but both games were free at some point.

Aegis Wing is actually pretty fun. Dash of Destruction isn't great, but easy achievements.

[quote name='Nebenator']
All of the "previously free" titles require you to call xbox support if you delete them and want them back.
Link: http://forums.xbox.com/2021361/ShowPost.aspx[/quote]

This only applies to Hexic HD. For every other piece of content on XBLM you can go to your download history/XBLM to download it again without paying. Yaris may be an exception where redownloading/calling MS support will not work to get your game back. Something to do with licensing or something... This only applies to Hexic HD because it comes preloaded on the hard drive so you never really downloaded it in the first place.

[quote name='Spades22']Hexic HD and Hexic 2 are two different games...at least they appear as so on my 360 even though I haven't tried Hexic 2. I find the game terribly boring so haven't really played them, but both games were free at some point.[/quote]

Hexic 2 was only free if you live in Korea. Or made a fake account :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back