XBLM DOTW- Crash Bandicoot - Wrath Of Cortex (Xbox Original) 800pts (GOLD Only)

Someone needs to tell MS that selling an 8 year old game that isn't very good for $10 is far from a deal. Deals include things that people actually want.

[quote name='Pratt75']If those games were $10 all the time I would buy some of them but the normal $15 price point is to much.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Only game that I would have bought for 15 was Psychonauts mainly because I had a hard time finding it in the first place.
Anyways as for the game bleh, I got it about a year ago for 6 bucks with a coupon from gamestop and got bored of it after about 2 hours and never touched it again. Crappy deal of the week.

I will never buy any of these who do they think they are kidding at $15 a peice and they act like $10 is a sale, i would much rather hunt down the disc.

Does anybody really download Xbox Originals? Aside from curiosity about how XBO works or a particular favorite game, I wouldn't imagine that they sell very well. I'd rather see the game added to the backwards compat list.

Achievements would turn the business model on its head...

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is this Gold only? If so, the OP title should say that. Not all of us like deathmatches...[/QUOTE]

They've been doing these for like 2 months now, plus the ones at Christmas time. XBox Live deals are ALWAYS not available to silver members.

Did anyone post the next month's list yet?

[quote name='KRS']Does anybody really download Xbox Originals? Aside from curiosity about how XBO works or a particular favorite game, I wouldn't imagine that they sell very well. I'd rather see the game added to the backwards compat list.

Achievements would turn the business model on its head...[/quote]

These originals must be making them some money, I imagine, or Microsoft wouldn't have them up. How much does keeping these Xbox originals up for download cost Microsoft anyway? A dime a month?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']They've been doing these for like 2 months now, plus the ones at Christmas time. XBox Live deals are ALWAYS not available to silver members.

Did anyone post the next month's list yet?[/QUOTE]

The thread's title still needs to say. The connection between Crash Bandicoot and loving deathmatches isn't real clear...

[quote name='Wolfpup']The thread's title still needs to say. The connection between Crash Bandicoot and loving deathmatches isn't real clear...[/QUOTE]

You're the only one who I've ever seen complain about this. but I suspect it's more of an opportunity to use your joke that would've been somewhat relevant in, say, 2002 or so, than as a complaint about not knowing the deal is for you (since ALL XBL deals are gold only.)

I guess demo threads should also always say "Gold exclusive for 1 week" too?

Question:
How many xbox originals would you buy at 5.00 each??
I think I would buy a bunch....
(I'd also probably buy a bigger HD... lol so they'd make money there too)

-Mike

Don't forget Steam Deals Must say "PC only!"

I always get a chuckle when people demand that be added in steam deal threads.

[quote name='KRS']Does anybody really download Xbox Originals? Aside from curiosity about how XBO works or a particular favorite game, I wouldn't imagine that they sell very well. I'd rather see the game added to the backwards compat list.

Achievements would turn the business model on its head...[/QUOTE]

Sadly I know people who purchase them regularly. One friend pretty much purchases them all even though he owns them on original xbox. I doubt he even plays them I think he just likes owning stuff.
Another friend who lives in college dorms says he buys them because no one came steal them. Think I would just take my chances since most of them can be picked up for 5-10 bucks elsewhere.
A guy on my friend list at work buys them, I asked him why once and he told me that he never owned an original xbox and missed a lot of games. He didn't know some were backward compatible and I've been letting him borrow my old ones i don't play since.

I doubt I'll ever buy one unless its seriously discounted and I don't all ready own it. I'd probably spend 600 points for one if I didn't own it and it looked decent.

I bought Ninja Gaiden Black, since it was cheaper than buying the game used at the time and that it's probably my favorite game ever!

INT: Secret bunker in Redmond, WA, in the year 2001.
Top Microsoft execs and yes-men are huddled around a conference table (very high tech, of course)

Exec 1: Exec 2, you came up with the idea to charge $50 a month for our online service. Any ideas on how we can make our next console even more profitable?

Exec 2: How about we sell advertising space all over that service, too, so our customers can pay to look at advertisements?

Yes-Men, in unison: Brilliant!

Exec 2: Also, we can charge $15 for downloadable versions of the games coming out for the current system.

Some lame exec, pointing at a whiteboard: But look up there, someone wrote "Backwards Compatible" on that "Features List."

Exec 1: Schwooooop! [erases words "Backwards Compatible"] What was that, lame ass exec?

Yes-men: Brilliant!

Exec 2: Also, to make room for all these games, we can force customers to buy first-party hard drives at more than $1 per GB.

Exec 1: Now there's some genius, people! Ok, we've got our Live! service figured out. Now we need to get a name for this revolutionary console decided. What do you guys think of "Xbox All The Way To The Bank?"

And the rest, my friends, is history.

[quote name='ninja dog']You're the only one who I've ever seen complain about this. but I suspect it's more of an opportunity to use your joke that would've been somewhat relevant in, say, 2002 or so, than as a complaint about not knowing the deal is for you (since ALL XBL deals are gold only.) [/QUOTE]

There's no logical connection between a sale on a download service, and paying to play online. There are also deals not related to gold service, so yes, it does need to be clear in the thread's title.

[quote name='bywaytm']Don't forget Steam Deals Must say "PC only!"

I always get a chuckle when people demand that be added in steam deal threads.[/QUOTE]

Completely different. The equivalent would be if someone were demanding that it be stated that Xbox Live deals were on the Xbox.

[quote name='Wolfpup']There's no logical connection between a sale on a download service, and paying to play online. There are also deals not related to gold service, so yes, it does need to be clear in the thread's title.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is a logical connection and we've told you twice already-- XBLM deals are for gold members. and no there aren't XBLM deals for silver members, ever. Even on the dashboard it's called "Gold Deal of the Week" or something to that effect.

[quote name='ninja dog']Yes, there is a logical connection and we've told you twice already-- XBLM deals are for gold members. and no there aren't XBLM deals for silver members, ever. Even on the dashboard it's called "Gold Deal of the Week" or something to that effect.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there are deals, price drops, etc. that aren't tied to Gold. And no, there is no logical connection between online gaming and a sale. And this thread is not the dashboard.

Threads are supposed to be titled correctly, and this one isn't.

OP, please update the thread title! Thanks.

Methinks we should chill the :whistle2:# out.

If they put Black on sale for 50% off, I'd get it. That's probably the only one. If they really wanted the things to sell, they'd add achievements to XBO titles. Maybe that's too much time and effort to spend on old, out of print games, though. As it stands, $15 is way too much.

Even for Silver members.

Kidding!

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yes, there are deals, price drops, etc. that aren't tied to Gold. And no, there is no logical connection between online gaming and a sale. And this thread is not the dashboard.

Threads are supposed to be titled correctly, and this one isn't.[/quote]

please show me the XBLM Deal of the Week for silver members. Real price drops on XBLM items are once in a blue moon-- they're the exception.

why the hell do you keep bringing up online gaming? get over it, you lose. :lol:

[quote name='ninja dog']please show me the XBLM Deal of the Week for silver members. Real price drops on XBLM items are once in a blue moon-- they're the exception. [/quote]

Any sales on Live are an exception, obviously. What kind of argument is that? And a bunch of us have been buying stuff on sale this past month...

why the hell do you keep bringing up online gaming? get over it, you lose. :lol:

I "lose"? This isn't a competition. The thread is titled wrong.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Any sales on Live are an exception, obviously. What kind of argument is that? And a bunch of us have been buying stuff on sale this past month...

I "lose"? This isn't a competition. The thread is titled wrong.[/QUOTE]

n15u3b.jpg

who is kicking and pouting until he gets his way, despite being told 10 times why he's wrong?

I can understand the frustration at not being able to buy Crash Bandicoot for the Xbox for $10, but please stop whining...not one of the XBLX DotW has been for silver members for the past 5 weeks, so don't be that guy who walks into the movie 30 minutes late and starts complaining that he doesn't understand what's going on...

[quote name='ninja dog']who is kicking and pouting until he gets his way, despite being told 10 times why he's wrong?

I can understand the frustration at not being able to buy Crash Bandicoot for the Xbox for $10, but please stop whining...not one of the XBLX DotW has been for silver members for the past 5 weeks, so don't be that guy who walks into the movie 30 minutes late and starts complaining that he doesn't understand what's going on...[/QUOTE]

I'm not "wrong". Threads are supposed to be titled correctly, and the OP should do it so we don't have to involve a mod. I don't care about Crash, but that's not the point. Nor am I 'whining'.

And no, not all Xbox Live deals involve paying for online service, and regardless every post needs to be done correctly assuming someone has no prior info about the topic.

Not to interrupt the argument between silver and gold members, but really? Crash for 10? I think Im just gonna keep my eye out for amazons next XBLA deal cause its obvious MS is content giving garbage deals.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'm not "wrong". Threads are supposed to be titled correctly, and the OP should do it so we don't have to involve a mod. I don't care about Crash, but that's not the point. Nor am I 'whining'.

And no, not all Xbox Live deals involve paying for online service, and regardless every post needs to be done correctly assuming someone has no prior info about the topic.[/quote]

All "Deal of the Week" deals involve Gold. That is 100% true and has been. The topic clearly states this is the Deal of the Week. That's a title. If there was a sale at Sam's Club would you expect "Members only!" to be put in the title? Maybe the topic should also say "internet access required" in case someone doesn't know what the XBLM is.

Well, I'm actually a big Crash Bandicoot fan, and enjoyed this game (minus the extreme loading times). I have plenty of points to spend, so I'll probably download it. Normally, I wouldn't download any XBO titles, but I'm a big enough Crash fan that I even considered buying it for $15 when it came out (and $10 is a much better deal, last time I checked, the game goes for about the same price or more online [ shipped ]).

No way I'm paying for this even at $10. Hell, Best Buy was selling current-generation games last week that were worth playing (some of them at least) for $10.

As for WolfPup and Ninja Dog - quash the beef. You're both canines, right?

[quote name='Wolfpup']The thread's title still needs to say. The connection between Crash Bandicoot and loving deathmatches isn't real clear...[/QUOTE]

You. Stop. Now.

That is all.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What is it with the rudeness? The OP still hasn't updated the thread title.[/QUOTE]

There is no reason to. The XBL Deal of the Week is *ALWAYS* a Gold Member exclusive. This has been stated by about 14 people already.

I find it funny that someone who states that having XBL Gold means you love deathmatches (as if it is a bad thing) is calling others "rude." I don't play many FPS, let alone on Live--- and I'm a gold member.

Stop.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']There is no reason to. The XBL Deal of the Week is *ALWAYS* a Gold Member exclusive. This has been stated by about 14 people already.[/quote]

It doesn't matter how many people state it, the thread title needs to be correct. I do not want to have to contact a mod because people aren't willing to title their threads correctly.

How man times does it need to be said? A deal on a Live game does not automatically mean you need gold, and there is no logical connection between gold and a sale. Even if neither of those were the case, it would still need to be said for anyone new to these sales.

I find it funny that someone who states that having XBL Gold means you love deathmatches (as if it is a bad thing) is calling others "rude." I don't play many FPS, let alone on Live--- and I'm a gold member.

How is that rude? Insulting people is rude and often childish. Saying not everyone likes deathmatches is not rude.

Was this the one where Crash is absusing Cortex? The demo for that one actually seemed kind of clever (I hated the newest one though).

I was considering picking up Indigo Prophecy through the Live store or Steam, but I found a disc copy, and it was actually cheaper (yay!)

Xbox Originals is a joke. Most of the games can be bought very cheap used. Why would I pay $15 for a download of Crimson Skies that wastes hd space over a $2.99 used copy at GS that includes the manual, case and game? I think not, MICROSOFT!

Yeah, well that's one more reason they want to push us to this download stuff :(

At least they're not trying to charge $60 :whistle2:/ , and the selection is pretty great (they should stick Buffy up there...)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back