Prince of Persia Graphic Novel $3.98 @ B&N

Btw, as a librarian and a gamer - the graphic novel is very French in feel and very disjointed. It's nothing like the games.

I'll add that it's also pretty confusing. I'm only a third of the way through, and it can be tough to follow the inter-twining plotlines.

The artwork in this one is interesting, and it is written by Jordan Mechner, who created the orig game, apparently the subsequent ones, and is involved in the movie script.

Its not necessarily aa straight forward a story as one would suspect, but I think it is ultimately rewarding for those with a great deal of interest, or who are willing to invest the effort.

FYI, the last dozen pages contain a history of the Prince of Persia series, not the game storylines, but the creation history. It's also written by Jordan Mechner.

Yeah, I got it a while back when it was on sale for 50% off at B&N. It's not bad but it's VERY confusing. There are two plotlines that switch off randomly so you need to pay attention. It also doesn't have anything to do with the games.

Can't really go wrong for $4. I bought it on sale for $7 and thought it was a good price. The book is decent, nothing that will change you life or anything, but worth a read at that price.

I'll go ahead and tag this for now. I'll probably do in-store pick up or just grab it myself. I'm just on the fence because I haven't heard anything good about the book. But it IS just $4.

Went to B&N today, these are located in the clearance bins, not in the comics/graphic novels sections in case anybody was wondering (this might depend on the store as well).

Ended up not buying it as I hated the art, and the art is a big reason why I even read comics this days. But I did find Halo novel, Ghost of Onyx for 4.95 on clearance as well, worth it as its regular price is 12.99. Just FYI.

Picked it up today. Man, that was a quick read. And yes, it does get a little confusing trying to keep track of all the characters. I thought it was very good and worth the 4 bucks though.
Anybody want to get a discussion going?

[quote name='spideymike']Btw, as a librarian and a gamer - the graphic novel is very French in feel and very disjointed. It's nothing like the games.[/quote]

So I'd have to be a librarian to be able to discern this?;)

bread's done
Back