Afrika (Hakuna Matata) and Aquanaut's Holiday English/Korean 29.90 ea. at Play-Asia

cochesecochese

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Not really sure if this is all that exciting a deal but for those of you looking for some relaxing PS3 games it just might be. These are English (Engrish?) version. Play-Asia has a good deal for these games if anyone is looking for them. As far as I know, Aquanaut's Holiday supports trophies but Hakuna Matata does not. You may encounter Japanese text in the online (photo sharing) mode.

Aquanaut's Holiday
Hakuna Matata - 29.90

Be sure and hit up the Play-Asia Coupon Thread for further discounts.

I searched but didn't find anything. Mods please close/lock/merge if this is duped anywhere else. Thanks for looking.

*UPDATE*

Both of these games are now available at NCSX for a comparable price. These are the Korean-English versions as well.

Aquanaut's Holiday - 30.90
Hakuna Matata - 30.90

Both of the NCSX deals were found by Fatbot3 so all credit goes to him. Be sure and say thanks to Fatbot3 for the new deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thanks. I have had the chinese Hakuna Matata on my list but didn't think of checking the korean version. Thanks!

Now I've to decide if I want Aquanaut's Holiday...

edit: ordered Afrika. Decided not to get Aquanaut's... I am just not a water person.

Thanks for posting this.

Tempted, but honestly, how good are the English sub-titles and are the trophies only applicable for Japanese PS3 users?? Never imported from playasia, so wanna make sure that I won't be cursing, if these games get localized in North America.

Edit: I just bunkered down and bought both. Thanks CAG

Trophies from other region games work just fine. Both pages say 100% English version, not sure how good it really is.

According to wiki, aquanaut's is heavy on the engrish. Anybody have experience with Afrika?

well i just got afrika. it says 100% full english on the order page so hopefully thats the case.

• aka. Afrika
  • 100% English Version!

thanks OP

Is there a difference between the Chinese/English version and the Korean/English version? I saw screenshots of the game from the "Asian" version, but have no clue as to which exact version it was from.

Totally in for Afrika, looks interesting and my girlfriend has always talked about it and the canceled MMO. Just wish I saw it before I placed my other order. D:

Thanks OP, Already had the Aquanauts but wanted Afrika so picked up both (Aquanauts) for a gift and knocked out my play-asia coupon that was nearing expiration in the process. $61.20 for both shipped is awesome... paid nearly that for the Aquanaut's alone last year.

well, if these prices are still good payday (friday) I'm going to have to at least get Afrika, I've wanted that one for a long time now.

thanks op!

Very cool, I've been wanting to import these games for awhile. Thanks:) Going to order both.
Edit: Ordered both. Can't wait till they get here!

Well... that was quick. In just over 2 hours, my order has be "shipped". My other order from Saturday is still in the prepare stage.

Not complaining, I've been eying Afrika for a long time.

Thanks OP. In for both. It'll be nice to play something on the old PS3 besides DVDs and Blu-rays. ;)

If they release this games in the US, would the english be the same as these versions, or would they re-edit them? I'm tempted at both these games, but would prefer American releases.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Yeah, when are these going to be released in the US?[/QUOTE]

It's very unlikely that they will unless some third party licenses them. Sony has already stated that they don't plan on releasing either one in the US or Europe.

Lol, i JUST said NO MORE GAMES this month! I've wanted Aquanauts for awhile now.....Mussssst buy..........CLICK!.....Oh well, RAMEN for dinner!
Thanks guys!

These games seem interesting,but it doesn't seem like there is much to do in them...For example do get attacked under water,can you fight back,do you have items/inventory system...I'm interested in them both but just wondering how deep the gameplay is.

[quote name='brighenne']Damnit! I wanted to buy both and even got a play asia coupon to use, but now no more afrika. :([/quote]
that's what i was waiting on too

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']These games seem interesting,but it doesn't seem like there is much to do in them...For example do get attacked under water,can you fight back,do you have items/inventory system...I'm interested in them both but just wondering how deep the gameplay is.[/QUOTE]

Here's a pretty detailed review of Aquanaut's. Yes, there is quite a bit to do. Not too sure about Afrika.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/12/30/aquanauts-holiday-review-ps3-import/

Thanks a lot OP. I was planning on waiting until National Geographic officially brought Afrika to the states, but this deal was too good to pass up. I went ahead and got Aquanauts too, just because the price was so good and sounds like there is a little more to do compared to Afrika.

[quote name='bojay1997']It's very unlikely that they will unless some third party licenses them. Sony has already stated that they don't plan on releasing either one in the US or Europe.[/quote]

Hmmm, I wonder why?

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']These games seem interesting,but it doesn't seem like there is much to do in them...For example do get attacked under water,can you fight back,do you have items/inventory system...I'm interested in them both but just wondering how deep the gameplay is.[/quote]

The game (Aquanaut's) is basically a very good looking exploration game in which you hunt for treasures & aquatic species. Also has "simon" style mini-games with scattered singing fish. The story is garbage but the game itself is cool.

The game took me 47 hours to platinum, not many games can keep me playing that long.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Hmmm, I wonder why?[/QUOTE]

Because they are super niche titles. National Geographic had announced a US release of Afrika in November of last year, but apparently that deal fell apart and they have now removed the game from their release slate. It's unfortunate because while Aquanaut's Holiday is full English, both Afrika and Hakuna Matada still have Japanese menus, trophies and titles even in the "English" Asian versions.

Well, that's Afrika down, now I just have to hope Aquanaut's Holiday also goes OOS before I get home from work (can't order from here) so I won't be tempted. :D

Afrika supposedly isn't that hot anyway. Aquanaut's Holiday seems to be the better title. Glad it's finally back in stock, and at a good price!

Crap, I had no idea either of these games had English versions. This is exactly the kind of thing for me we and the wife. Has anyone here played the English version of Afrika?

[quote name='bojay1997']Because they are super niche titles. National Geographic had announced a US release of Afrika in November of last year, but apparently that deal fell apart and they have now removed the game from their release slate. It's unfortunate because while Aquanaut's Holiday is full English, both Afrika and Hakuna Matada still have Japanese menus, trophies and titles even in the "English" Asian versions.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I held off ordering last night because I knew in the back of my head there was some sort of US release announced, I guess that's what I was thinking of.

At least I got in on Aquanaut, since it does sound to be the better game of the 2...

Looks like Hakuna Matata is sold out, but Aquanaut's Holiday is still available. I ordered both around 4am, and I got a Order Shipped email this morning when I woke up before 9am

[quote name='thepik241']Grr...how long does it usually take for Play Asia to restock their games?[/QUOTE]

If it says "out of stock, out of print" it usually means they won't be getting anymore copies. If it's
"back ordered, ships once restocked", it usually takes 1-2 weeks from when you place an order.

[quote name='bojay1997']If it says "out of stock, out of print" it usually means they won't be getting anymore copies. If it's
"back ordered, ships once restocked", it usually takes 1-2 weeks from when you place an order.[/quote]

That sucks. I was going to order it. It looks really realistic, dead on what the game reserve I went to in Hluhluwe-Imfolozi looked like. That nocturnal pic of the Leopard in the tree gave me Deja Vu. I didn't even want it until I saw that.

To anyone that ordered this: I will buy it off of you for cost when you are done with it.

bread's done
Back