CAG Foreplay #62: Easily Distractable

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
[preview][img-l=1]2[/img-l]CAG's shipwreck & mrs. shipwreck preview the new releases for the week of May 7th, 2009. This week we cover what we've been playing, the new releases, and what's in that bin over there.

Don't forget to enter our contest for Avalon Code for the DS courtesy of XSEED Games.

Special thanks to GoDaddy.com for providing CAG Foreplay listeners with a code for domain names for only $7.49 a year. Just enter code "GAMER1" when you check out to get your savings.

[podcast]65[/podcast]
Download - 69 minutes, 32MB
[/preview]

You can now subscribe to Foreplay on iTunes by clicking this link: CAG Foreplay on iTunes

You can also contact us with any questions or comments at [email protected] or [email protected].

Multi-Platform

[IMG-L=5137]6940[/IMG-L]Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian Dev. Majesco Pub. Majesco Systems: DS, Wii, 360 MSRP: $29.99, $39.99
While I’m looking forward to this movie coming out, the game based on the movie usually isn’t what hardcore (or even medium-core) gamers are looking for. This is a puzzle/adventure title with 14 different levels, various collectable items, and mild humor. It’s probably a purchase best for families/gamers with kids. - mrs. ship

:360: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free Shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free Shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free Shipping)

[IMG-L=5137]6869[/IMG-L]Velvet Assassin (Last Week) Dev. Replay Studios Pub. SouthPeak Systems: PC, 360 MSRP: $49.99, $59.99
Based upon an actual female MI6 agent during World War II, Velvet Assassin is a stealth-action game in the vain of Splinter Cell. The entire game takes place through flashbacks as our heroine is in a hospital bed heavily sedated on morphine. Fortunately, this has it's perks as you can enter "Morphine Mode" which allows you to slow down your surroundings and changes your attire from hip looking spy garb to lacy lingerie. Both of these attributes are of course handy when you want to get up close to a Nazi and knife him in the groin. Hopefully, the game turns into the next great "sneak and stabber" as Sam Fisher has been M.I.A. for awhile now... and does not look nearly as good in a teddie. - ship

:360: Purchase At Amazon $56.99 (Free Shipping)
:pc: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free Shipping)

[IMG-L=5137]6871[/IMG-L]X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Last Week) Dev. Raven Software Pub. Activision Systems: You Name It MSRP: $29.99-$59.99
If you've watched television in the last month, chances are that you may have seen a few thousand commercials letting you know that there is a new X-Men movie coming out. That of course means that another Wolverine game loosely based upon that material is headed to every electronic device known to man. What's new this time around? Well, there's blood and dismemberment. Turns out that having swords for knuckles can actually cut people... badly. You can also see the flesh rip from Hugh Jackman's perfectly sculpted physique as he takes damage and then marvel as it regenerates to "Sexiest Man Alive" stature. There's probably some good fun to have with this stylistic brawler, as Raven Software generally makes enjoyable games, but I think this is more of a renter than a purchase. - ship

:360: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free Shipping)
:pc: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free Shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free Shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free Shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free Shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free Shipping)

Wii

[IMG-L=5137]6935[/IMG-L]The Destiny of Zorro Dev. Pronto Games Pub. 505 Games Systems: Wii MSRP: $39.99
Okay Zorro fans (you must exist somewhere), here's your chance to play a third-person action game with Wii-mote sword controls. Do enough Zorro-like things, and you build up your "Z-meter" which allows you to perform powerful attacks by tracing a "Z" on the screen. ZZZZ.... - ship

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free Shipping)

[IMG-L=5137]6864[/IMG-L]Fantasy Aquarium World Dev. Destineer Pub. Destineer Systems: Wii MSRP: $19.99
It's a virtual aquarium game that doesn't feature a snarky, man-faced fish. You can trade aquariums with your friends online though. - ship

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free Shipping on Orders over $25)

[IMG-L=5137]6865[/IMG-L]Klonoa Dev. Paon Corporation Pub. Namco Bandai Systems: Wii MSRP: $29.99
This title is a remake of the Klonoa released on the Playstation. Hopefully the camera angles aren’t awkward; otherwise you’d better get out the Excedrin. Yes, I know. I’m a 2.5-D hater. But as a platformer, Klonoa was pretty solid. The original two-button controls are expanded with new motion-controls, but the gameplay is still fairly simplistic. I have to be honest; my main exposure to Klonoa is with the PS2 title (Klonoa 2) which I didn’t love. Or like. But, this is a solid port for a fair price. - mrs. ship

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $28.99 (Free Shipping)

[IMG-L=5137]6936[/IMG-L]New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat Dev. Nintendo Pub. Nintendo Systems: Wii MSRP: $29.99
This GameCube platformer was novel because it controlled completely with the bongo controller and helped us all justify owning the multiple bongo controllers we have sitting in our basements. Well, Nintendo has taken out the support for that controller and the game now controls like a traditional platformer. Of course there are Wii-Motion based special moves as well, and the game has actually been updated with new enemies and a new boss fight, so this is almost like a "Director's Cut" version of Jungle Beat. I'd still like the option to play with the bongos though. - ship

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $27.99 (Free Shipping)

[IMG-L=5137]6861[/IMG-L]Burger Island (Last Week) Dev. eGames Pub. Destineer Systems: Wii MSRP: $29.99
This online, flash-based title is being ported to the Wii and the DS. It’s similar to Cake Mania but with (gasp!) burgers. The burger joint is on an island, hence the “island” part of the title. Since I didn’t feel like bogging down my otherwise sluggish work PC to try this one out, you’ll have to see for yourself. If you love these type of business simulation titles, this one should be a decent buy. - mrs. ship

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free Shipping)

[IMG-L=5137]6867[/IMG-L]Party Pigs: Farmyard Games Dev. Data Design Interactive Pub. Destineer Systems: Wii MSRP: $19.99
Destineer just isn’t going to stop until we have a mini-game compilation title for every known species on the planet. Party Pigs: Farmyard Games features track and field events with porcine participants. Heck, maybe they’ll even expand to extinct species too. Dodo Party Extravaganza sounds like a great time to me. - mrs. ship

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free Shipping on Orders over $25)

[IMG-L=5137]6866[/IMG-L]My Horse & Me: Riding for Gold (Last Week) Dev. Atari Pub. Atari Systems: Wii MSRP: $29.99
I personally think that this title should be “Riding for Cash” or “Riding to Not Be Glue”, but hey that’s me. - mrs. ship

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $27.99 (Free Shipping)

DS

[IMG-L=5137]6937[/IMG-L]Imagine: Music Fest Dev. UbiSoft Pub. UbiSoft Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
Imagine if Hannah Montana AND Miley Cyrus AND Jonas Brothers AND the Cheetah Girls all performed at once. None of them, of course, are in this game. That's why you have to use your imagination. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6938[/IMG-L]Jagged Alliance Dev. Strategy First/Cyrpon Studios Pub. Atari Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
A remake of the 1994 PC game, Jagged Alliance is a tactical strategy game based around mercenaries on a tropical island. I've never played the series, but it looks like something I would enjoy and something that would translate well to the DS. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6942[/IMG-L]Puzzle Kingdoms Dev. Infinite Interactive Pub. Zoo Games Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
This puzzle/board game title has some RTS aspects to it, and is the next game from the makers of Puzzle Quest. There’s a new puzzle system, and Wii-mote control for the Wii (you can read that as a positive or negative depending on your personal gaming preference). Even though I haven’t had a chance to check this one out yet, I know that it’s a must buy in the Shipwreck household and I’ll most likely be addicted soon. - mrs. ship

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free Shipping on Orders over $25)

[IMG-L=5137]6863[/IMG-L]Elite Forces: Unit 77 (Last Week) Dev. Abylight Pub. Deep Silver/Gammick Entertainment Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
Elite Forces: Unit 77 is a squad-based three-quarters view shooter that apparently has a lot of similarities to Operation: Vietnam. Since I've never played that game either, I'm not sure what else to tell you other than it received okay reviews when it was released earlier this year in Europe. Oh, and that guy on the cover kind of looks like Flint. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6868[/IMG-L]Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (Last Week) Dev. Monolith Soft Pub. Atlus Systems: DS MSRP: $34.99
Venturing away from the tactical roots of it's Game Boy Advance predecessors, Endless Frontier instead goes for a timing based combo system that turns the battles in this RPG into an almost turn-based fighting game. You control a team of four and of course have access to various giant robots as you progress through the game. There's also a small bit of series cross-over included as characters from both Namco X Capcom (not the Namco or the Capcom characters) and Xenosaga (KOS-MOS) make appearances. Atlus has thrown in some extras as well in the form of a soundtrack CD and you can receive some bonus items by inserting the GBA games into your DS. All in all, this looks like a fun, non-traditional RPG. - ship

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $31.99 (Free Shipping)

PlayStation 3

[IMG-L=5137]6939[/IMG-L]Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust Dev. Team 17 Pub. Funsta Systems: PS3 MSRP: $29.99
Larry Lovage (yes, Larry Laffer's nephew from Magna Cum Laude) returns as the lead character in Box Office Bust, but the venue has been switched from a college campus to a movie studio. Full of double-entendres and innuendos, this adventure game plays similarly to the last game although the mini-games seem to be a bit more fleshed out this time around. That said, reviews of the Xbox 360 version have been absolutely atrocious. - ship

:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free Shipping)

PlayStation 2

[IMG-L=5137]6859[/IMG-L]Backyard Baseball '10 (Last Week) Dev. Humongous Entertainment Pub. Atari Systems: PS2 MSRP: $19.99
David Ortiz thinks your kids might enjoy this whimsical take on baseball. He also might eat them. - ship

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free Shipping)

PSP

[IMG-L=5137]6862[/IMG-L]Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (Last Week) Dev. Omega Force Pub. Koei Systems: PSP MSRP: $39.99
Okay, Dynasty Warriors fans, I hope you either hate life (you probably do) or have three other PSP toting friends who are equally excited about Koei's latest offering because this game is built around co-op. As in, "local only, everybody buy this $40 game, and come over to my house" co-op. No, not my house, the theoretical house in which somewhere in North America there will really be four people playing this game together. Sure you can play it on your own, but it's going to be as difficult as me actually being able to differentiate between any of the characters in a Dynasty Warriors game. They have added some new features like aerial-combat for those of you that insist on Lu Bu-ing it up for the umpteenth time. - ship

:psp: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free Shipping)

On The DL

Animal Crossing Calculator Dev. Nintendo Pub. Nintendo Systems: DSiWare MSRP: $2
Wait, do you have to pay for these? - mrs. ship

Animal Crossing Clock Dev. Nintendo Pub. Nintendo Systems: DSiWare MSRP: $2
Yes. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6944[/IMG-L]Penguins & Friends: Hey! That's My Fish! Dev. Gammick Entertainment Pub. Nintendo Systems: WiiWare MSRP: $8
Don't immediately pass this one up if you are a fan of board games because this is a cheap way to get in on some "Hey! That's My Fish!" action. The retail version of this easy to learn hex-based strategy game will put you at least $40 out of pocket, so if you are a fan of Catan or Carcassone on XBLA, you might actually want to add a game named "Penguins & Friends" to your collection this week. Too bad there's no online play though. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6947[/IMG-L]Tower Toppler Dev. Triffix Entertainment Pub. Hewson Systems: Wii Virtual Console (C64) MSRP: $5
Play as a space frog trying to ascend to the top of medieval looking space towers in this Commodore 64 platformer. Very impressive looking for its time, Tower Toppler is unique in that the platforming is performed along the outside of the tower and moving left or right rotates the tower. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6941[/IMG-L]Patapon 2 Dev. SCEJ Pub. Sony Systems: PSP MSRP: $19.99
Couldn't get enough of the little chanting buggers in the first game? Well, here's more of them and it's only being released in North America as a downloadable game. While I liked the charm of the original, I just don't think I need any more Patapon. - ship

:psp: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free Shipping on Orders over $25)

[IMG-L=5137]6977[/IMG-L]Puzzle Quest: Galactrix Dev. Infinite Interactive Pub. D3 Publisher Systems: PS3 MSRP: $19.99
Puzzle Quest in Space apparently was not out on the PS3 yet. Who knew? - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6943[/IMG-L]Arkanoid Live Dev. Taito Pub. Taito Systems: XBLA MSRP: $10
Okay, it's time. How do we have all these hi-tech consoles and yet nobody has a paddle controller? Forget all this motion control nonsense, we want to paddle. Oh, and the XBLA version of Arkanoid (previously on DS and PSP) hits this week. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6945[/IMG-L]Space Invaders Extreme Dev. Backbone Entertainment Pub. Taito Systems: XBLA MSRP: $10
Also released previously on the DS and PSP, the Xbox 360 finally gets the well received (and brightly colored) re-imagining of alien invasion. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6946[/IMG-L]Zombie Wranglers Dev. Frozen Codebase Pub. Sierra Online Systems: XBLA MSRP: $10
A humorous co-op game where up to four people can battle cartoony zombies and other monsters. Ultimately, you must suck up the baddies into your supernatural vacuum cleaner. I think I saw one of those at Target the other day... probably a Dyson. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6872[/IMG-L]Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classics (Last Week) Dev. Nintendo Pub. Nintendo Systems: DSiWare MSRP: $5
Nintendo cuts five of the card games from the retail version of Clubhouse Games and deals them out for $5. Blackjack, Five Card Draw, Last Card, Last Card Plus, and President are included. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6873[/IMG-L]Paper Airplane Chase (Last Week) Dev. Nintendo Pub. Nintendo Systems: DSiWare MSRP: $2
Guide a paper airplane through a randomly-generated course in this update of a WarioWare micro-game. Maybe my first DSiWare purchase? - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6874[/IMG-L]Cocoto Platform Jumper (Last Week) Dev. Neko Entertainment Pub. Neko Entertainment Systems: WiiWare MSRP: $7
Another of the Cocoto series of PlayStation 2 budget releases becomes even more budget priced on the Wii. How do they keep prices so low? By eliminating the middle man. You know, the guy that would have tried to come up with a better name than "Platform Jumper". - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6875[/IMG-L]Nobunaga's Ambition (Last Week) Dev. Koei Pub. Koei Systems: Wii Virtual Console (SNES) MSRP: $8
Koei's feudal Japan turn-based strategy game gathers enough resources to invade the Virtual Console. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6860[/IMG-L]Banjo-Tooie (Last Week) Dev. Rare/4J Studios Pub. Microsoft Systems: XBLA MSRP: $15
Bird and bear and backpack go on their second adventure of obsessive note collecting in this port of the Nintendo 64 classic. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6870[/IMG-L]Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram (Last Week) Dev. SEGA Pub. SEGA Systems: XBLA MSRP: $15
Arcade-style robot fighting at its finest, this version of Virtual-On is an up-rezzed version of the Dreamcast classic with mano-a-mano online play. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6877[/IMG-L]Sorry! (Last Week) Dev. EA Bright Light Pub. Electronic Arts Systems: XBLA MSRP: $10
The latest sub-game for Hasbro Family Game Night is "Sorry!". You might remember it as the board game that taught you how to be a sarcastic prick to your friends and loved ones. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6879[/IMG-L]Max Payne (Last Week) Dev. Remedy Entertainment Pub. Rockstar Games Systems: Xbox Originals MSRP: $15
If you haven't played the Max Payne series of games yet, you should really do yourself a favor and see why this was one of the best third-person shooters that the last generation had to offer. You could also do yourself another favor and just pick up a used copy for $5. - ship

[IMG-L=5137]6880[/IMG-L]Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Last Week) Dev. Remedy Entertainment Pub. Rockstar Games Systems: Xbox Originals MSRP: $15
This game was sooo good and sold sooo terribly when it originally came out. I still don't regret paying full price for it the day it came out though. Like the first game, you can pick this up for $5 used now. - ship

Did we miss a good sale on a game? Did we miss previewing a game completely? Well, the only way that everyone can know a better deal is out there is to let us know about it. Post deals you've found or games that we missed in the thread so that CAGs can make sure they are getting the absolute best prices on new releases.

Patapon 2 is a much more user-friendly experience than the first game was, so it's much easier to get to the fun and easily get addicted to the search for better loot.

I'm disappointed that you missed the obvious joke to make for Party Pigs.

My mind was blown when I found a Dreamcast controller rumble pack that required NO BATTERIES!

But PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox had it built in...

well...i made it to 9:41 minutes into the podcast before i couldnt care anymore. love you guys and got a good chuckle when you said that most listeners had probably already turned it off (because i had, for the first time just before that). i just dont have enough time to listen to an hour podcast that takes 9 minutes of sweet tarts and weed killer to get started. love you guys though, and i'll be listening next time.

funny show. loved it!

I personally like the back and forth between gaming talk and everyday life chatter. Lawn care comments like «we've got maximum grass!» get along just fine with a little «Plants vs. Zombies» (=

[quote name='geosooner'][...] i just dont have enough time to listen to an hour podcast that takes 9 minutes of sweet tarts and weed killer to get started. love you guys though, and i'll be listening next time.[/quote]

I always CAG Foreplay, and this one is no different.

I bought City Folk and I played it a lot for the first month and a half. After that...it was the same thing over and over again. When you start going through the motions with a game, it's not fun anymore. I also have no intention of buying the Animal Crossing apps when I get a DSi. I figure the clock the DSi already has is good enough for me.

Welcome back Ships!

I also don't mind the "day in the life" banter. The back and forth between Ship and Mrs. Ship is actually my favorite stuff, since the bulk of the podcast is usually Wii/DS stuff I don't care about.

Have you guys considered covering more DLC during slow weeks? Map packs, Rock Band songs etc?

-ZJ

Mrs. Ship is on a rampage in this podcast. Showed Ship who was boss! Her attitude was actually pretty funny in the episode, I would suggest keeping it that way :D although Ship might want to kill her.

Also, you always talk about your basement full of games. Pics or it didn't happen!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jagged Alliance was a tremendous PC game that probably can still hold up today (except graphically) with current strategy games. One of the all time greats. Hopefully it translates well to the DS.

I was cracking up at the nagging Shipwreck received about his game horde, especially the ancient yet still shrink wrapped stuff :)

[quote name='apathylad']I enjoyed the Klonoa games! :(
Why all the hate on Klonoa?[/quote]

I have no idea why I hated it so much. I didn't ever play it when it first came out, but boy was it rough!

[quote name='mrs. shipwreck']I have no idea why I hated it so much. I didn't ever play it when it first came out, but boy was it rough![/quote]

I got into the series much later. I've been hearing good things from the Wiimake, and thankfully it isn't being sold at full price. I look forward to playing it.

what was the ending song on this ep? Ship always puts the strangest bumper music on these things but I like em!

[quote name='geosooner']well...i made it to 9:41 minutes into the podcast before i couldnt care anymore. love you guys and got a good chuckle when you said that most listeners had probably already turned it off (because i had, for the first time just before that). i just dont have enough time to listen to an hour podcast that takes 9 minutes of sweet tarts and weed killer to get started. love you guys though, and i'll be listening next time.[/QUOTE]

learn to use fast forward or scrubbing

[quote name='SnotRocket']Mrs. Ship is on a rampage in this podcast. Showed Ship who was boss! Her attitude was actually pretty funny in the episode, I would suggest keeping it that way :D although Ship might want to kill her.

Also, you always talk about your basement full of games. Pics or it didn't happen!![/QUOTE]
agreed I want to see pics

[quote name='wsninja']what was the ending song on this ep? Ship always puts the strangest bumper music on these things but I like em![/QUOTE]

That's the Patapon victory dance!

[quote name='SnotRocket']Mrs. Ship is on a rampage in this podcast. Showed Ship who was boss! Her attitude was actually pretty funny in the episode, I would suggest keeping it that way :D although Ship might want to kill her.

Also, you always talk about your basement full of games. Pics or it didn't happen!![/QUOTE]

Two things, first I bet Mrs. Ships rampage had a little to do with that Dos Equis she was drinking does not take much.

I hope you were drinking the Dos Equis Amber.

Second I can assure everyone here that Ship does have a basement full of games, I've seen it numerous times.

There are a few missing items now the the PSN update is out:

Pursuit Force - PSP - $22.99
Bowling - PS1 - $5.99
R-Type Delta - PS1 - $5.99
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage - PS1 - $5.99

I am surprised, I would have thought that both Shipwreck and the Mrs. would like Klonoa. Anyways, I'm playing through Klonoa 2 on the GBA and will buy Klonoa Wii this weekend. I'll probably get Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, but I'll rent that one first to be sure.

Sorry, Mrs. Shipwreck, I'm completely with Shipwreck when it comes to physical vs. download. I want to actually own what I pay for, and almost all downloaded games come with DRM, so that's a no-go with me. I can fire up my 25-year old NES and it still works. I seriously doubt that all of your iPhone and Steam games will work in 25 years. And good luck trying to lend/trade/sell them.

Shipwreck I completely agree with you on the collection deal. I love having physical copies of games as well. A part of this for me is that I love showing off my collection to people etc.

Great show guys! You guys had me laughing a lot more than usual this episode, which is a good thing. Being off topic is not bad, so long as you keep it entertaining (and you did).

You need to somehow make a new segment out of "_____ time".
Morphine time, Zorro time, etc.

And re:Shipwreck's Basement... PICSNAO

Wow I thought you guys stopped doing the podcast or something. I unsubscribed in iTunes. I resubscribed though. Looking forward to listening to this during the commute

Thanks for the Banjo Kazooie intro. Did you guys watch that Brentalfloss version of it on Screwattack? It is pretty damn funny.

Hey Ship, what difficulty did you play though Dead Space on? Also what weapon did you put all your upgrades into?
I think the game is alot scarier on hard the first time as you have less ammo and they have more health, nothing like 6 guys running at you when you have 3 ammo left.

[quote name='commish']Two things, first I bet Mrs. Ships rampage had a little to do with that Dos Equis she was drinking does not take much.

I hope you were drinking the Dos Equis Amber.
[/quote]

Yup, it was the Amber. And yes, you know how a little beer makes me very talkative. :D

[quote name='morph3us']Hey Ship, what difficulty did you play though Dead Space on? Also what weapon did you put all your upgrades into?
I think the game is alot scarier on hard the first time as you have less ammo and they have more health, nothing like 6 guys running at you when you have 3 ammo left.[/QUOTE]

I played it on whatever the normal difficulty was. Since I had downloaded the free Elite suit when the game launched I ended up with a lot of expendable in-game currency, so I had a fully upgraded suit, plasma cutter, and force gun.

I loved this episode. I was laughing the whole time. I have to agree with Ship about digital distriubation. What happens when hard drives die and the companies servers are down. I can always pop Contra into my NES and play it without hassle of a server. Unless they make some way to back up your games. I will not be down with digital distriubation.

[quote name='mrs. shipwreck']Yup, it was the Amber. And yes, you know how a little beer makes me very talkative. :D[/QUOTE]

You know the rule:
No beer until you finish your tequila!
TurangaMorris-1-.jpg

You aren't alone with the touch screen problems on Sonic Chronicles Mrs. Shipwreck. I've played it on both my DS phat and DS lite and had poor touch detection. Ultimately, it's what led me to stop playing the game.

lol, it's fun to listen to Mrs. Shipwreck when she's liquored up. awesome podcast as always.

My favorite paraphrased quote from the episode -

Ship:"I keep trying to work my way back through Banjo 1 so I can see if they still hold up, but I always fall asleep." Shouldn't that be a clue, Ship? :drool:

Not that I'm hating on Banjo, I've personally never played any of the games, I just thought that was funny. I enjoyed the episode and it was great to hear something new from you since I'm making my way through the archives.

I read the previews first this time (not something I normally do) and I thought it was interesting that Ship's written preview for Velvet Assassin sounded a LOT more positive than his spoken one. Anyway, thanks for the fun!

Ah, been pretty busy with work lately, its been a while since I've listened to the Foreplay. Velvet Assassin looks good, but I too dont wanna drop 60 on it.

Klonoa's the second game to be blacklisted by either of the shipwrecks as a game nobody should be playing, the other being LBP.

I've only played Klonoa 2 and one of the GBA spinoffs and they're fun platformers that are different than most others out there. You might want to track down one of the GBA games since they're 2D only and are a bit more puzzle-focused than the console versions.

The only disappointment I had with my DS Lite was that the case wasn't matted, so it's covered in fingerprints that I stopped trying to clean off all of the time.

Administration like the UK version of going bankrupt, which Free Radical went into just before they were bought up by Crytek.

Infinite Interactive is an independent studio, so they're not owned by D3 though they do own the Puzzle Quest IP, from what I can tell.

Patapon 2 is being sold in stores though, but I'd recommend playing the demo since you get a few levels and the chance to play as much as possible. I definitely wasn't much of a fan of the grind but have been able to progress through the game a bit more easily when I go in thinking I don't have a chance to beat it. Plus, it's a great loot game.

I'd agree that I would be all for digital downloads on handhelds since that allows the system to be much more portable than before.

Seaman was awesome. It only takes a month to beat and it was great.

Really good show this week guys! I loved it when Mrs. Ship was actually crinkling the shrink wrap of the unopened Dreamcast game. Personally, I love Klonoa, as it's a solid 2D platformer with some interesting enemy combat, the way they help you platform, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions on games. I hope Mrs. Ship goes crazy during more episodes, because it seems whenever that happens its always the most entertaining!

Mrs. Ship definately had a little edge going during this episode and was diggin' into Ship a little, but its fun how they walk the line teasing each other, but don't cross it.

Also, can you imagine how much game stuff Ship would being home in he had some time vacationing in Japan -- imagine the import games he'd being back...he's need another suitcase and an annex to the basement!

Loved the show. Especially the ending with Mrs Shipwreck going through the old Dreamcast stuff such as all the old sports games still sealed.

I agree with Mr Shipwreck about not liking downloadable games due to the fact of they have no resale value which will kill the trading sites (Goozex). So I pay $60 for a game brand new and will not be able to sell it because I downloaded it. Now I am out $60. Where is if I have a hard copy of the game, I will be able to flip it for 1000 goozex and get another game and my $60 is now $50 in goozex points and allows me to get something else.....

bread's done
Back