Call of Cthulu help - boss fight

E

eastshore4

Hey guys, does anyone here know the best way for defeating dagon(the giant fish man thingy that attacks you at the end of the ship level)? On my first attempt he just kicked my ass. The second time around I was avoiding his attacks with ease but ol' Jacky boy went crazy and killed himself. Same thing the third time around. I have NO clue how to keep his sanity down... standing still or looking at the ground doesn't help because you gotta keep looking around to see which side he's coming up on. I've tried looking this up on a walkthrough for the game but I only really found two... one was really vague and the other is just a guy doing shtick the whole time(neither address the sanity issue). I would say it'd be an easy matter of saving before the fight but I'm trying to get my A Mythos ranking and I've already used up my five saves so I half to keep restarting like halfway through the level each time I die.

Your fucked. I can't help. That game is the best horror game of all time, I'll say it. It's also one of the hardest games of all time.. I think the point of it was to make your real-life sanity meter deplete.

I had forgotten all about this fight. I played it on PC and I remember having to try over and over because Dagon would shake the boat randomly and I'd lose a ton of health without even getting hit. Finally defeating him was a combination of skill and luck. Here's a video posted on youtube, looks like four good head shots are the trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7A7tJcrE

Yeah that boat shaking thing is nonsense. Like you said you just gotta be lucky that he doesn't use it a whole lot. I really do think I'm just screwed. I'm actually wondering if it's a bug(or possibly a side effect of playing the game on my 360), because ever since my last save point the slightest things will put his insanity on full tilt.

I think I'm just going to have to forego the high ranking and save before the fight, if I have to turn a steam valve ONE more time I WILL go crazy. I'll just youtube the special ending later.

I saved right before the boss battle, and after about 10 attempts all resulting in automatic suicide I AM DONE. I am doing just as good as that guy in the youtube clip, but about two minutes into every one one of my fights Jack goes crazy and kills himself. I have tried ALL potential remedies for the insanity effects, and nothing works, it's unavoidable. I will have to assume it is a glitch... a google search seems to indicate the game has a few game-breakers.

I have a right mind to drive down to Rockville tommorow and throw my Cthulu disc all frisbee-like at Bethesda's office. First I think I will see if I can get any results by playing on the regular xbox I bought this afternoon though.

Well that confirms my play experience with the game, lol. An awesome plotline and amazing use of different Lovecraft stories, but a really piss-ass crap game in too many places.

You don't have an older save you can go back to? And wasn't there some drug, like valium or something, in your inventory to help fend off insanity?

bread's done
Back