Old School Educational Video Games

chronodev

CAGiversary!
Which old school educational games did you grow up on, games that were both fun and taught you something?

For me, one of the educational games I enjoyed most was the Carmen Sandiego series, especially Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, which taught me a lot about Geography.

There's also "Little Professor" which was this fun little calculator that helped polish math skills. For math, there was also a game (Old school PC game) in which you wandered around a castle finding treasure and solving math problems (the name escapes me right now)

Another game I used to play (probably a bit more obscure then the above...) was Gortek and the Microchips, which introduced me to the BASIC language and computer programming.

[quote name='chronodev']For math, there was also a game (Old school PC game) in which you wandered around a castle finding treasure and solving math problems (the name escapes me right now)
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Math Mansion.

Carmen Sandiego and this submarine game that showed me math. Also learned a lot from Leisure Suit Larry and doom. You would be surprised how much regular games can teach you.

bread's done
Back