SNES - worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalShrapnel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
hi, i've been thinking retro lately and it comes to me that i've never played Super Metroid on anything besides an emulator, which sort of takes away from the Metroid feel, like having to find save rooms, not having cheats, etc. so i was wondering, is it worth trying to find a SNES trade here on CAG? or should i just stick with the emu and save my money for a recent console?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it not available on the Virtual Console? You could always pick up a Wii, and gather a ton of the old great games.

you can get it on wii which will give you the same experience. Earthbound and FFIII are the only reason I would think about purchasing a SNES.

Yes. Nothing beats sitting in your favorite console gaming chair/couch/bed/floor and playing a classic. Money always well spent.

problem is, i'm kinda tight on cash - think like less than 50 bucks. a wii would be great because then i could play some new-gen games, but i just don't have the cash. besides, this is CHEAP-ass gamer, not pay-through-the-nose gamer :)

[quote name='DigitalShrapnel']problem is, i'm kinda tight on cash - think like less than 50 bucks. a wii would be great because then i could play some new-gen games, but i just don't have the cash. besides, this is CHEAP-ass gamer, not pay-through-the-nose gamer :)[/quote]

if you are strapped for cash, this guy (who is a mod) has 1 that sounds a little beat up, but it works and he is only asking 18 shipped, check it out. SNES is one of my favorite old consoles to go back and play. id say its worth the money just to have one. good luck

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221697

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back