Anyone Heard Of A Store Called Vintage Stock? [pics]

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
There is a store here in Owasso, OK called Vintage Stock. I've never paid it much attention but I went in for the first time today. They sell comic books, music, movies and games. OMFG do they sell games. They have everything from Atari 2600 to current gen. They have games from pretty much every gen. I saw a Master System in the box along with a Jaguar in the box. They have TONS of Famiclones too. I was shitting my pants. I am going to see if they have a list or something with their trade values. I am definitley going to start frequenting this place.

Cell phone pics I took:

photo1hgz.jpg

photo2qbj.jpg

photo3a.jpg

If they're the same chain as vintagestock.com, it's all in the mid-west. I could definitely go for a store that still sells PSX games around here. I somehow can't even find pawn shops.

[quote name='Flak']If they're the same chain as vintagestock.com, it's all in the mid-west. I could definitely go for a store that still sells PSX games around here. I somehow can't even find pawn shops.[/QUOTE]

yep..that's their website...

Yeah, there's a vintage stock down the street from where I live, and I refuse the shop there. Its nothing more than an expanded gamestop, only with more attitude, and worse trade in values. The first time I went was with a close friend of mine who was selling his dvds in hopes to supplement his paycheck with enough to purchase a ps3. We walked in wiht over 80 dvds in hand, over 30 of them being collectors editions/limited editions. Not only did the employment there scoff at us as we walked, but ignored us service until I threaten to call management. After about an hour of waiting for them to price it, my friend gets called over and is offered a whopping 19 dollars in cash. Being a believer in 2nd chances, and figuring it was due to the poor employment, I returned several times in hope to sell movies/games. However, they offered only a few dollars, literally under 5, for some ps3 and xbox360 games. they sell usedngames for 5 dollars under msrp, and the majority of used blu rays/dvds sell for equal to or more than the prices advertised at other stores.

Overall, bad experiences from me at vintage stock

hmm..that sucks...when i walked in the 2 people in the center glass counter thing greated me..as i walked towards the back of the store another employee asked me if I needed any help...the prices on the used games seemed to be on par if not a little lower than gamestop prices...also the store is pretty big (the size of a blockbuster video or some other decent sized video rental place) and didnt feel dirty or cramped like most gamestops

They have them in Kansas City also. You can find the occasional good deal but most games have really high prices. Current gen stuff is normally $10 or so higher than at Gamestop (on avg. and yes there are specific things priced fine). On the older gen they pretty much have set prices of $12.99, $14.99, $16.99 and up from there.

Most of the stuff in the $9.99 or less bins at Gamestop, will be $14.99 at vintage stock.

Only reason to shop there is the older stuff in hopes of coming across an occasional gem.

[quote name='joeyd07']It's nice to see Saturn and Sega CD games on a shelf again. Wish we had that in NY.[/QUOTE]

It sounds better than it really is. Most of them have your generic Saturn and Sega CD games that are extremely common.

Don't get me wrong. It is nice to walk into a store and be able to look through older stuff but most of the stores have very limited selection of the older games (PS1 and old Nintendo excluded).

There is a store called Slackers in the St. Louis area that is similar to Vintage stock, though the Slackers prices are a bit higher than Vintage stock.

http://slackers.com/

that's a link to the one in the St. Louis area.

Thing is at least on the IL side Slackers is for the most part CDs. Also a good amount of their games are missing something. Some of the people seem to be former Gamestop employees or work at both. I have bought what was said to be the "last copy" of a game only to go in a few days later and find out they still had them. The last copy has or at one time had stickers on the disc that says purchase only. Also they some times know nothing as to what they are talking about and have little to no sega games. Atleast when it comes to the DC and Saturn. Hell for over 5 years I have been on a list to be called when someone trades a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga. All they want is 50 bucks for it and what I was told by the jackass working is that they get them in all the time. I have not been to slackers in about a year or 2.

[quote name='joeyd07']It's nice to see Saturn and Sega CD games on a shelf again. Wish we had that in NY.[/QUOTE]

we used to have a lot of them in ny, game express, game fan, multimedia 1.0, etc... but they all died due to gamestop. gamestop is bigger and are able to buy crap of peoples hand easy as compared to a "mom and pop" store and are also able to output more stores then a "mom and pop" store. heck, even before gamestop there was funcoland [remember them] which backhoused old games until gamestop bought all the game stores. the closes thing we have is gamecrazy.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']we used to have a lot of them in ny, game express, game fan, multimedia 1.0, etc... but they all died due to gamestop. gamestop is bigger and are able to buy crap of peoples hand easy as compared to a "mom and pop" store and are also able to output more stores then a "mom and pop" store. heck, even before gamestop there was funcoland [remember them] which backhoused old games until gamestop bought all the game stores. the closes thing we have is gamecrazy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Funco was cool but their death pretty much killed the ability to get classic games in the NY/NJ area. Only one relatively close to this area is the Digital Press store in NJ:

http://www.digitpress.com/store/

They have a lot of cool stuff, all classic consoles and games, and also some arcade cabinets. They do monthly meetups and tourneys as well, which is pretty rad.

[quote name='joeyd07']Yeah, Funco was cool but their death pretty much killed the ability to get classic games in the NY/NJ area. Only one relatively close to this area is the Digital Press store in NJ:

http://www.digitpress.com/store/

They have a lot of cool stuff, all classic consoles and games, and also some arcade cabinets. They do monthly meetups and tourneys as well, which is pretty rad.[/QUOTE]

there used to be a store called video game liquidators or somewhere along those line in nj but they closed down several years ago.

i also googled and found this, http://www.videogamesnewyork.com/?page_id=87&category=13
i could check it out sometime next week.

bread's done
Back