inFAMOUS $53.99 @ Amazon

in for 1. With the code you get from the ECA for use with amazon purchases, you get an additional 10% off ($5.40), so the total is about $48.50. Game is looking to be an incredible open-world experience.

[quote name='degenerazn']Is this game going to be good?[/quote]

No one really knows yet. I've read some hands on articles and people seemed to like it so far. I personally think it will be great because I have a lot of faith in Sucker Punch. Most likely one of the must own titles if you own a PS3 though.

Very likely.

I am having a very hard time resisting these pre-orders (and an ECA membership to make them even cheaper). With TN tax at 9.25 %, buying from Amazon (using ECA discount) would save me almost $17 over buying from Gamestop. The only things holding me back are that I still have some Gamestop credit, and I can wait until I find it used (hopefully during a B2G1).

Thanks OP, I was waiting for Amazon to drop the pre-order price on this like they have on other games. $48.59 with the ECA discount is not bad at all!

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Amazon just lowered the price to $53.99. It comes with a free HOME costume...if you're into that.[/quote]

Was debating pre-ordering it, but was also waiting until they lowered the pre-order price. I think I'll pull the trigger on this one, particularly since everyone seemed so enthused with the Uncharted 2 multiplayer too...

It sucks that Gamestop has the best "pre-order" bonus. An actual in-game power or a HOME costume? :(
[quote name='OGHowie']I cannot decide between this and Prototype. I wish this game had coop.[/quote]
Gahhhhhh I can't stand crap like this. Why are people comparing it to Prototype? Prototype isn't even in the same league. I don't even know how the Prototype trailers got past people with all the jankiness and buggy animations. The game will be an unpolished mess.

Yea I will decide once I play the demo. Good to know that Amazon has it for this price because my ECA discount will make it lower than $50. Can't complain about that.

If I pre-order at Best Buy, do I have to pay in full or can I just put $5 down?

NewEgg has it for the same price, I believe, and if you go with free shipping, NewEgg is much faster IMO. I preordered KZ2 from Amazon and it took 2 weeks to get it. I wasn't too happy.

Here's a link to NewEgg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261078

Same price, free shipping, and I'm pretty sure they don't intentionally delay free shipping shipments like Amazon does.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wildcat1080']Gahhhhhh I can't stand crap like this. Why are people comparing it to Prototype? Prototype isn't even in the same league. I don't even know how the Prototype trailers got past people with all the jankiness and buggy animations. The game will be an unpolished mess.[/QUOTE]

lol. Yeah I'm definitely waiting for a demo before I pick one of these games up.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']It sucks that Gamestop has the best "pre-order" bonus. An actual in-game power or a HOME costume? :(

Gahhhhhh I can't stand crap like this. Why are people comparing it to Prototype? Prototype isn't even in the same league. I don't even know how the Prototype trailers got past people with all the jankiness and buggy animations. The game will be an unpolished mess.[/quote]

Of course... inFamous is the one that pushed it's release date up so as (seemingly) not to compete with Prototype. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if both games end up being sort of meh.

[quote name='leshrac55']Of course... inFamous is the one that pushed it's release date up so as (seemingly) not to compete with Prototype. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if both games end up being sort of meh.[/quote]

Except that every journalist I've heard of that's played it thinks it's awesome and great fun. They said it's one of the few games that actually rewards you for choosing to be evil.

[quote name='charlescheese']Except that every journalist I've heard of that's played it thinks it's awesome and great fun. They said it's one of the few games that actually rewards you for choosing to be evil.[/quote]

Hopefully... I've been getting more and more skeptical of "journalists" with these games, since I thought GTA4 was not really that great... and more recently RE5, which isn't even in the same league as RE4 if you ask me (though it does look really nice).

[quote name='leshrac55']Hopefully... I've been getting more and more skeptical of "journalists" with these games, since I thought GTA4 was not really that great... and more recently RE5, which isn't even in the same league as RE4 if you ask me (though it does look really nice).[/quote]

I hear you. I do think that if you listened to what journalists were saying about RE5, and then looked at the review scores, you would have heard a big disparity. There was actually quite a lot of criticism for RE5, though it seems the bulk of them loved coop so much that they rated it too high. So far all I've heard on Infamous is excitement. It could suck, but you couple the developer's pedigree with what looks like a fun game, coupled with pretty much universally positive impressions, and I think it's safe to say it'll at least be very good.

Oh yes! I have been waiting for this game ever since I saw the first preview. Thanks OP!
pixel.gif

Oh man....might have to bite here. Can't really imagine that there will be much better deals coming for it around launch time. I want this game right away too.

Apparently, there's going to be beta codes for the Uncharted 2 multiplayer in the first print of this game...

Already preordered this through Amazon with my ECA discount. Will amazon automatically reduce the price to 48.59 or will I have to preorder again and cancel my old order?

[quote name='jatty']Already preordered this through Amazon with my ECA discount. Will amazon automatically reduce the price to 48.59 or will I have to preorder again and cancel my old order?[/QUOTE]

I'd go the latter way. It might work the other way, but it'll be a big hassel and it's so much easier just to cancel, get another code and preorder again.

I was going to wait until I got back to the states (and presumably, a price drop) but hell, less than $50 for a new next-gen? I'll take it, even if I have no use for a Home costume.

Popped up in my GoldBox plus ECA (but tax hurts) means I jumped on it. Worst comes to worse I cancel it before it ships.

I would totally order from Amazon because of the cheap price, but Gamestop has me sold with the Uncharted Beta plus they're offering a special in game power that you cant get anywhere else. Usually, gimmicky stuff like that I wouldn't care for, but this game is too badass to pass up. Especially the extra powers.

[quote name='Dr Cliff Huxtable']I would totally order from Amazon because of the cheap price, but Gamestop has me sold with the Uncharted Beta plus they're offering a special in game power that you cant get anywhere else. Usually, gimmicky stuff like that I wouldn't care for, but this game is too badass to pass up. Especially the extra powers.[/quote]

does the uncharted beta come with all orders of infamous or just the gamestop ones?

[quote name='bigsick']does the uncharted beta come with all orders of infamous or just the gamestop ones?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the codes will be in the first batch of games released.

Here's what I could dig up on IGN:

"Turns out the Infamous copies that will be hitting stores on May 26 will have a voucher code inside them that grants exclusive access to the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves multiplayer beta."

It would make sense that it will be like the Halo 3 beta that was included with copies of Crackdown... first pressing only. I think the beta is only from like June 3rd to the 28th anyways.

[quote name='bigsick']does the uncharted beta come with all orders of infamous or just the gamestop ones?[/quote]

The Uncharted beta is in the first batch of games. But the special power is only for pre orders from Gamestop.

This game looks so polished, I haven't seen such an exciting, well made game in a very long time. I'm actually excited to play this. It looks like all the moves are streamlined and the combinations of asswhoppery look endless.

Basically, I'm stoked.

It looks polished but it also looks like it will get repetitive after a bit.

I am gonna buy it but I am not getting my hopes up.

[quote name='bigsick']in for one, this game is looking great.
344.jpg
[/quote]
You can say that again, the previews look awesome.

[quote name='aznguyen316']just preordered it with ECA coupon, hope it comes w/ Uncharted 2 beta too =)[/quote]

Me too--a killer game for less than $49. I can't wait for Infamous!

I haven't followed this much at all until a few days ago after seeing these pre-order threads. Watched a badass 9-10min video on youtube and decided to make the jump. It was easier with the ECA coupon to make this game $48.xx to my door, plus Uncharted MP beta? nice.

OT: is Uncharted MP coop only? Haven't read a lot on it.

My original pre order changed prices automatically after 24hours. Love amazon. And the beta comes with all first batch games....and the beta is like a deathmatch sort of thing; not coop (although the game may be coop they havent said yet, but its not part of the beta)

Should be a great game, judging by the demo. For any PS3 owners purchasing this, imo saving $6(if you're going to buy it anyway) at launch is pretty good.:D

Cheers,
Kevin

bread's done
Back