PS2 SplitFish MotionFX and EdgeFX price drop to $2.99 each!

Asgardian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Random found on GS site, noticed these "controllers" dropped to $2.99, GS links: MotionFX and EdgeFX

Well, if I you are like me, the first question is what the hell are these? So google a bit... here are some pretty decent reviews: MotionFX and EdgeFX

But before you get too excited, here are some warnings:
- MotionFX only can simulate either left or right analog, not both at once.
- EdgeFX is NOT a real mouse controller for PS2... it's an emulation of the right analog stick with a mouse... here's a pretty informative user review on amazon

Nevertheless, I thought $3 for more junk to collect dust alongside my two 30 button steel battalion controllers... what an awesome deal... I simply must share to see if there are other crazy collectors like me here...

Anyway, one more thought, I haven't looked into this yet... it might well be possible to use TWO MotionFX to play "two players" Katamari on your own and end up esentially with ONE full motion controlled Katamari, right?! That alone has gota be worth $6 for someone other than me!

I was thinking maybe it could be possible to hockup TWO MotionFX to ONE controller.. if that can be done, then games like fight night can be pretty awesome... let me know if someone tried this...

As for the EdgeFX, I'm hunting down a thing call X connection for the original xbox.. as most of the FPS/TPS I have are on xbox... other than that, PS2 RPG might still be fun with this new setup?

Hope someone can find joy in this deal.

Be happy.

PS: The MotionFX is packaged pretty small, size of PS2 controller, and will most likely be on display, but the package of the EdgeFX is pretty big (think size of mouse pad with that side extension and width of a mid size mouse) and I had to ask the nice GS rep to look for it in the back, multiple times no less, before coming back with it...

Here are pics from amazon:

MotionFX (tilt sensor only, PS2 controller not included)
41GwCclj1QL._SS500_.jpg

EdgeFX
41a%2BUnCT0UL._SS500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally going to hunt these down tomorrow. Between two stores at the mall and across the street, I should be able to find the pair. Otherwise, it looks like the EB and Babbages at the mall the next town over seem to both have each.

Thanks for the heads up and for contributing to my collection of too-special-purpose plastic junk.

bread's done
Back