Xbox Live Arcade explosion on eBay!

Ninja Knife

CAG Veteran
So, some of you may remember eBay sellers akino91783 and jamaicanswif268 from previous threads. I've been monitoring their activity pretty closely for a couple of weeks now, and within the past hour or two, it seems they've uploaded over a dozen auction listings for Xbox Live Arcade Online Game Codes, with prices ranging from 5.99 to 9.99 for games that normally retail for 800 MSP to 1600 MSP.

Games include Braid, Lode Runner, Penny Arcade Episode 1, Portal: Still Alive and R-Type Dimensions. I've purchased several myself and can confirm they're "legit." I'm not sure where or how they're getting these, but the codes do work, and they're often e-mailed to you within minutes of purchasing them. It looks like quantities on some of these are "limited," so you might want to act fast.

Uh....is there a chance that these are illegally obtained? I mean, is there any way to do that in the first place?

I am nervous, because I know that some people got banned from iTunes after buying gift cards online that were not gotten legally.

EDIT: AH! After thinking about it a little bit more, I figure these guys got in on the 1600 points for 20 cents mistake that Amazon had a while ago. That is the only way I can see these kinds of deals happening.

I think the only thing they might have done that is questionable was carpet bomb contests that were giving away these codes.

iTunes got their GC algorithm hacked a while back, so that's why there was major fallout from that.

Well, I just bought one. Going to wait and see if he actually sends the code before buying more.

Thinking back, I should have bought a cheaper one, just in case. Ah well, I trust you, OP!

EDIT: Argh, I don't think he is online anymore, because I have yet to receive my code. Ah well, guess I will wait till tomorrow...

EDIT: Awesome! He sent the code. Seems like a nice enough guy. +1 for akino!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got myself Lode Runner and Watchmen last night. Got both codes this morning. Great price and nice delivery, thanksssssss

Just got my code for CC. Thanks!:applause:
Are there any other games on this list that you all suggest? I am hesitant on Braid even though I know it's a good one.

Damn you. Making me spend money. $9 is about what PQ:G is worth. Penny Arcade Ep 1 is tempting as well..

Thanks for the links.

Just bought Castle Crashers, too. I'll probably pick up Braid later, and I'd definitely bite on Banjo Kazooie if I didn't already have it. How's Mega Man 9? Should I bother buying it on Wii (which I don't currently own) if I've never played a MM game on NES?

Just snagged Braid, Lode Runner, Puzzle Quest Galactix, and Age of Booty. I may also pick up Banjo and Penny Arcade. Great find OP!!

As for Mega Man 9, well it's like NES Mega Man with difficulty at an all time high. It reminds me of lost levels for Super Mario, tough as hell, but fun as hell. I already bought it or I would get it on this deal.

[quote name='RiPPn']Just snagged Braid, Lode Runner, Puzzle Quest Galactix, and Age of Booty. I may also pick up Banjo and Penny Arcade. Great find OP!!

As for Mega Man 9, well it's like NES Mega Man with difficulty at an all time high. It reminds me of lost levels for Super Mario, tough as hell, but fun as hell. I already bought it or I would get it on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the info about Mega Man! I've been craving some classic MM action after listening to the opening song from last week's CAGcast about a hundred times. I'm just going to wait until I get home and (hopefully) get my new CC in the mail, so I can earn some rewards with these purchases. As a true cheapass, every little bit counts!

Hmm, some of you have talked about how quick you got your codes. For something that needs to be emailed, they sure are taking their sweet time...still waiting for this morning's order.

*Edit*-Those on the fence should wait for the rest of us to see if we receive the codes from jamaicanswif268. 24 hrs. later, and still waiting...

Already got mine from akino91783 but haven't received my orders yet from jamaicanswif268.

BTW in the code email it says eBay doesn't allow codes to be sent via email and to keep it on the d/l... shhhhhh. :)

[quote name='dragonjud']Hmm, some of you have talked about how quick you got your codes. For something that needs to be emailed, they sure are taking their sweet time...still waiting for this morning's order.[/QUOTE]

I have not yet got mine yet either but I'm in no hurry.
As long as I get them and they work I will be totally satisfied. :D

[quote name='dragonjud']Hmm, some of you have talked about how quick you got your codes. For something that needs to be emailed, they sure are taking their sweet time...still waiting for this morning's order.[/QUOTE]

Last night I bought Banjo Kazooie and Castlevania from akino, and I got the codes in less than 10 minutes.

I bought Mega Man 9 this morning and I am still waiting.

If all these codes check out I'm probably going to pick up everything I don't have, can't beat this price even when MS offers deals which is hardly ever and even beats Amazon deals. Also note that there are limited quantities on some of these, I think there are only 5 codes left for Banjo.

Bought one game from each seller. Haven't received either code yet and it's almost been a full 24 hours. Akino did give me feedback within an hour however, which i find odd. I'm sure they will probably arrive shortly.

[quote name='Turkey']So, has anyone received their games today?[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting. I sent an email to jamaican... asking why it's taking him longer to email these codes out, but he has yet to reply.

Still nothing, sent an email this morning.

Edit: Just got my codes for Watchmen and Puzzle Quest from Akino.
Now waiting on Age of Booty and Lode Runner from Jamicanswif

I got my braid code this morning, kind of strange since I ordered multiple games from both. So far I have my Puzzle Quest Galactrix and Braid codes, still waiting for Age of Booty, Lode Runner, Banjo-Kazooie, and Penny Arcade Episode 1 codes. PQG and Braid were sold by each of them so I have got a code from both.

EDIT: Just got my Banjo code.

I'm thinking that they "acquire" the codes on demand.

Edit - Just got my galactrix code from the other one (not jamaicanswife). Downloading!

[quote name='danh920']anyone got a castle crashers they'd wanna sell?[/QUOTE]

its up right now on akino's seller store.

If you read the other thread about the points deals, it looks like jamaican... is refunding people's money for the Points as he doesn't have them anymore. That said, I'm starting to see a few positive feedbacks for the games themselves. Hoping he actually comes through. If not, he'll surely get a negative for both of my Sales...

[quote name='Ninja Knife']So, some of you may remember eBay sellers akino91783 and jamaicanswif268 from previous threads. I've been monitoring their activity pretty closely for a couple of weeks now, and within the past hour or two, it seems they've uploaded over a dozen auction listings for Xbox Live Arcade Online Game Codes, with prices ranging from 5.99 to 9.99 for games that normally retail for 800 MSP to 1600 MSP.

Games include Braid, Lode Runner, Penny Arcade Episode 1, Portal: Still Alive and R-Type Dimensions. I've purchased several myself and can confirm they're "legit." I'm not sure where or how they're getting these, but the codes do work, and they're often e-mailed to you within minutes of purchasing them. It looks like quantities on some of these are "limited," so you might want to act fast.[/QUOTE]

I would be very very wary of these they are codes to arcade games and content that havent been bought on xbox live yet, they get the codes illegaly.

Xbox ban and capture many gamers using codes from code generators or unused retail codes, be wary, unless you want a visit from dog the bounty hunter

photo_320x240_dog.jpg

[quote name='Blue Jedi']i would be very very wary of these they are codes to arcade games and content that havent been bought on xbox live yet, they get the codes illegaly.

xbox ban and capture many gamers using codes from code generators or unused retail codes, be wary, unless you want a visit from dog the bounty hunter

s_dkremember.jpg
[/QUOTE]

just because someone has a large quanity of something doesn't always mean it's stolen.

1) CAGs have been buying from the one seller for a couple of months and nothing has happened. Not saying they aren't stolen, but if they are, MS hasn't caught on, yet.

2) They aren't going to ban your account, unless you've redeemed a whole bunch of jacked codes, which in that case, they are assuming you are the one stealing them. If it's one or two, they will probably just remove the points or content from your account, if they do anything.

bread's done
Back