World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Discussion Thread

Mr. Anderson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I know those of us who play WoW are usually too busy kicking Alliance ass (FOR THE HORDE!!!!) to talk about it, but what the hell.

Feel free to post your server and allegiance.

Mine is obvious.

Come visit Samuraifez, the Troll Shaman, on Burning Legion anytime. :cool:

WoW Resources:

www.worldofwarcraft.com (duh)
www.wowhead.com (my favorite reference site, by far)
www.wowwiki.com
www.thottbot.com (auction house resource)
www.mmo-champion.com (guides and raid strategies)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mr. Anderson: where you playing on Burning Legion-US when it came out? I was in Ropetown on that server until we transferred to Executus-US.

There are times when I feel the pull of WoW. I played for a long time but quit right before WotLK came out. I bought it and played 3 hours of it and haven't played since.

BUT when i did play, i was Gilaktug, Orc Hunter on Thunderlord. Good times.

I just got back into WoW not too long ago after taking a break for 8th months. I play a 77 Paladin on Kul Tiras (Rhodarath).

Best WoW mod I use is called Lightheaded (and also a complementary mod called tom tom). Basically you get in game wowhead comments and if someone posts coords you just click and you get a arrow and distance on where to go.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7017-LightHeaded.html

Hmm I need to be up by 10:30 tomorrow, I guess I could go back on and raise my blacksmithing :lol:.

I used to be quite addicted to WoW. Two lvl 80's (Priest and Shaman), a handful of 70's, and at least one alt in each of the other ten's bracket.

Now though, one bad guild killed the game for me. During the course of a couple of weeks, i was penalized for breaking rules that didn't exist, the GL ninja'd best-in-slot gear from a person pug'd into a raid, denied someone else gear because he didn't like them, and got drunk while raiding. After that, I had no real intention of raiding at all.

I played way, way too much in the pre-BC days. For me, though, it started to go downhill after that; was never quite as fun as it was back in the 40-man AQ/Naxx days. Granted I only played the expansions for a few months each. Still, it made me rather sad that they turned Naxx into such an absolute joke in WotLK; place used to be hard as nails.

WoWScrnShot_051709_223147.jpg

This made my penis grow by 10 inches. My ePeen is now over five feet long on WoW.

I've played and quit 2-3 times, started in the days of original WoW, and this last run going a little less than 2 years straight until I got burned out before the launch of WotLK. Have a bunch of characters but only one 70, a human holy priest.
16jac4.jpg

Some other reference sites I used when I was playing:

http://www.bosskillers.com/
http://www.warcraftpets.com/ - Vanity pets
http://shadowpriest.com/ - Shadowpriest info
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ - Paladin tankery
http://elitistjerks.com/forums.php - Very helpful source for getting the most out of your class, spec, gear, especially for raiding.

http://wowjutsu.com/world/ - Rankings for raid guilds/groups
http://www.tentonhammer.com/wow/

I do miss my Winterspring Frostsaber, though.:cry:

I have a 50 Hunter and a 40 Paladin on Bronzebeard, with some assorted lowbies on Sen'jin. Still trying to decide what class I like best. It's all interesting, but I will say this... This is one buggy as hell game. I do sort of like my guild though. Both social and progressive, and adamant about keeping the retards out.

I play on twisting nether server. Does anyone else? My characters are as follows :

Despicable - 80 warlock
Kevork: 65 priest
Bubbleoseven: 25 paladin

All 3 are on the Horde side.

a few sites I use : www.projectlore.com and www.WoW.com (used to be wowinsider, they recently changed)

Just dinged 80 on my pally on thurs. Left my previous guild on friday (because they showed NO signs of recruitment, I was their last recruit above 60 since I joined at 72 and we had no 80's yet), joined a new guild on friday and left it today (because the guild chats were god aweful annoying). Now about 15 mins going to go look for a new guild.

Ugh, I love it when you hear two people blabber on about who is better at x-box live (I mean the annoying type) over fucking guild chat. Plus the guild leader invited anyone she wanted, ugh :bomb:.

Does anyone know a trustworthy legit site to sell WoW accounts at (if one even exists)? I've played now for about 4 years, have 4 80s and a DK at 73 but I will be calling it quits soon. After playing so long I'd like to get something back for it, but I'm not sure where I can pawn it off without being jacked. I know ebay doesn't allow account sales and gamepal.com quoted me $1000 for it but I have no idea how legitimate the site is :(

None of them are 'legit', considering Blizzard doesn't want you doing it either and will ban the account, screwing both you and the person who bought it (especially once whoever he plays with finds out he doesn't know how to play your characters).

I just started a little less than 2 months ago. I've got a 58 undead mage and a 60 blood elf death knight on Executus.

I quit wow about a week after BC came out. 40 man raids killed my enjoyment of the game. I enjoyed leveling alts more but once I hit 60 I had a tough time even doing that again.

My friend just started for the first time and I am tempted to fire the game up again. Of course every time I think about it I remember everything I didn't enjoy about the game including a montly fee. The big problem is I have absolutely nothing to play right now.

[quote name='brennok']I quit wow about a week after BC came out. 40 man raids killed my enjoyment of the game. I enjoyed leveling alts more but once I hit 60 I had a tough time even doing that again.

My friend just started for the first time and I am tempted to fire the game up again. Of course every time I think about it I remember everything I didn't enjoy about the game including a montly fee. The big problem is I have absolutely nothing to play right now.[/QUOTE]

Just fyi, there are no more 40 man raids. They have been made obsolete.

[quote name='redshadow']40-man raids were really the glory days for this game. The newer 25-man content is pretty stale.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I was an officer for one of the top guilds in vanilla wow, and had a blast in 40 man content. BC comes along and kills my guild, and raiding wasn't fun after that. I did like the closeness of 10 man raiding though that were introduced in WOTLK.

I let my subscription lapse a few weeks ago, mainly due to boredom but also due to the fact that my PC has been in and out of the repair shop (lost about 6 weeks of prepaid time thanks to that), so I didn't want to renew with all these issues still happening. The new patch seems promising though. The emblem change is a hot topic, but for someone that likes to have a lot of alts, I like it.

I've been playing since last august. So far have 3 80's (hunter, pally, dk) and the rest of the classes in the 30s. Mage and shaman probably going to get more play time. These toons are on Azuremyst.

Have a few horde toons on other servers though they are all fairly low. Scaling back the time i play right now since it started to become to much of a routine. Also waiting on the new computer i have coming. Maybe i can actually enjoy wintergrasp without lagging so bad.

I did my first raid last night in wrath(naxx 25, only for one quarter), and I enjoyed it for a change. I realized that I hate raiding a lot. It's not the raid itself but the fact that I need to spend 5+ hours in front of my computer doing a raid (and ONLY the raid) and hope everything goes well. I have gotten to the point where I don't think I can do that anymore.

On a depressing note, I looted my tier 7 legplates from Naxx 25 last night and I bought the gloves from badge gear and if I didn't get the 10% crit chance to holy shock I only would of gained like 7 spell power and 1000 armor (one piece was mail but as a healer it didn't matter) so raiding doesn't interest me much and my gear is still good.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I did my first raid last night in wrath(naxx 25, only for one quarter), and I enjoyed it for a change. I realized that I hate raiding a lot. It's not the raid itself but the fact that I need to spend 5+ hours in front of my computer doing a raid (and ONLY the raid) and hope everything goes well. I have gotten to the point where I don't think I can do that anymore.

On a depressing note, I looted my tier 7 legplates from Naxx 25 last night and I bought the gloves from badge gear and if I didn't get the 10% crit chance to holy shock I only would of gained like 7 spell power and 1000 armor (one piece was mail but as a healer it didn't matter) so raiding doesn't interest me much and my gear is still good.[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend doesn't like raiding for more than two hours either. But she hasn't given up on it. It's worth doing with your guildmates, friends or just people you like on your server.

I would say don't give up on raiding completely if 4-5 hours raids (or even broken into two sessions) are not for you. Have you tried other non-Naxx/Ulduar raids?

Obsidian Sanctum (Dragonsblight)

10-man: T7 Glove Token
25-man: T7.5 Glove Token

Vault of Archavon (Wintergrasp)

Archavon (easier boss)
10-man: T7 Gloves and Chest Token, Hateful Gladiator PvP gear (Season 5, 10-man quality)
25-man: T7.5 Gloves and Chest Token, Deadly Gladiator PvP gear (Season 5, 25-man quality)

Emalon (hard boss)
10-man: T8 Gloves and Legs Token, Season 5 Deadly Gladiator including non-set such as rings, cloaks, trinkets
25-man: T8.5 Gloves and Legs Token, Season 6 Furious Gladiator gear including non-set (superior 25-man quality)

Note that even though PvP gear may be raid quality, but in a raid the resilience stats will do you no good and tend to have lower stats than the PvE equivalent. They're good stop gaps until you get something more in line with your gear.

These are really really easy. Both of these raids can take between 20 min and 45 min, depending on your group's ability and if you wipe or not. I easily geared for both my specs (elemental and resto shaman) by pugging these two raids.

And if you're confident enough, try Eye of Eternity (Malygos). That doesn't take too long either, but it's tricky and the first time will probably be a learning experience. Loot is top notch.

I recently started playing again after a few months break (i started last week i believe) and I am really enjoying playing on my dk...i just dinged lvl 78 like 10 or 20 mins ago

i do have a question that i am hoping someone can answer for me, where do they move the pvp gear vendors too? ...a lot of them are still where they were in org, but when i was there i didn't see the vendor that sells the 70 pvp weapon gear...i saw basically everything else...60 pvp weapons...70 pvp armor...80 pvp armor..

probably wont end up trying to get a 70 sword like i was intending too because i am close enough to 80 that i think i can hold off till then

just wanted to know for future reference

thanks

The Casual stuff brought me back.

I was anti-WoW for a while, you can check my post history.

I picked it up again recently, friend let me use her account and now that it got hacked I'm going to pick it up and get my own account.

I leveled a DK to 80 because I did 6 of the original vanilla jobs to 60 before BC and wanted to try something new.

First - 10-man/Heroic 5-man. The deal is the same as doing UBRS or the like back in the old days, except the gear has been itemized to allow you access to the hard stuff. It's a great job by Blizzard because only being able to do end-game content if you were in a 40-man guild was very discouraging and didn't allow you to act without consequence. You had to walk on egg shells or you'd get "blacklisted" by raiding guilds. Now? Say whatever you want, because you can get epic gear in pugs.

Second - PVP. It's so dimensional now. There's arenas, big area/zones like Wintergrasp, gear rewards/mounts. It's crazy, the competition is so high. People say it killed world PVP, but world PVP sucked. The only people who enjoyed it were people who liked ganking lower level players or doing nothing with their time. It served no purpose and people never went anywhere with it. You'd start out at Crossroads or Southshore, you start winning, you try to sack Undercity or Orgrimmar/Iron Forge but people stop following you because of how long of a run it is or you get picked off or the sheer amount of opposing faction come in and destroy you, it falls apart.

Zoned/controlled PVP makes sure the fight is interesting enough for people to get into it.

The emblem/recruit a friend/heirloom system is fantastic. Right now I'm going to get 300% for leveling with the person who recruited me, on top of that, when I hit 80 with one toon, I can send heirloom gear to my alts. Basically gear that levels with you and remains as good as "good blues" your level. At level 80, a 2h axe has the max dmg and DPS of a level 80 heroic blue. But you never have to upgrade it. You can keep it on you from level 1-80. The same for the shoulders you get, but they also give you a 10% bonus experience buff.

Blizzard also increased the quested XP you get in pre-BC.

Also, go to Wow-pro and get Jame's alliance in-game guide. I just barely started using it, but I can tell already, this mod will get me past the boring 1-60 levels super fast.

I just got back from a 2 year absence since we moved and couldn't get decent internet, but now a better ISP came to us.

I play on Dark Iron with alliance & Ner'zhul with horde. I just decided to try a BE warlock, & Man, I forgot how brutal it is to level a cloth caster for the first 30 levels.

My main is a lvl 61 (just turned that) so it sucks since i havn't and wont be able to experience the 40M raids like Zul'Gurub, Onyxia, & MC, but from hearing what people have been saying about them it doesn't look like I'm missing out on that much. I just really want to try 1 of them once, mainly ZG.

And also, here is a link to a compilation of the patch notes, organized very nicely. (Does anybody have any clue on when patch 3.2 is going live?)

@ Warlocks. Since they are lowering the lvl 60 epic ground mount down to lvl 40 for 60g total for mount and training, and along with that the dreadsteed quest will be brought down to lvl 40. How will that work out, since its around a total of 450g to finish the quest? My guess is that blizzard will make it learnable at a trainer without having to do the quest, and it'll be free.

[quote name='NamelessMC']
Blizzard also increased the quested XP you get in pre-BC.
[/QUOTE]

They did it for BC once Wrath came out also, its much faster now.

And if you're into the casual stuff, once 3.2 hits, the level requirement for mounts is way down also. I forget the exact numbers, but now I think you get mounts at 20, and epics at 40? And you can fly at 60?

It seems pretty nuts compared to what it was in 1.0, but basically, if you want to level, now is the time to do it.

[quote name='blader16']
@ Warlocks. Since they are lowering the lvl 60 epic ground mount down to lvl 40 for 60g total for mount and training, and along with that the dreadsteed quest will be brought down to lvl 40. How will that work out, since its around a total of 450g to finish the quest? My guess is that blizzard will make it learnable at a trainer without having to do the quest, and it'll be free.[/QUOTE]

When you hit level 61 with a Warlock or Paladin you can buy the "skill" from your trainer for like five gold that gives you the dreadsteed/charger...no quest needed anymore. If you do the quest, you get an achievement, but who cares.

Why they made it 61 instead of 60 was probably to encourage people to do the quest but nobody does. It's easier to go to do Burning Crusade stuff for a level then go back and get it. With the upcoming mount changes, I can imagine they will give you the skill at either level 40 or 41, trainable.

From what I read, you can learn the mount for cheap, but you need to do the quest to get re 150 riding skill, but the quest is about 450g

[quote name='blader16']From what I read, you can learn the mount for cheap, but you need to do the quest to get re 150 riding skill, but the quest is about 450g[/QUOTE]

You don't need to do the quest anymore. Last fall I leveled a Paladin and Warlock up with a buddy using the recruit a friend bonus and neither of us did the mount quests. We just bought the riding skill and at level 61 went back to our trainers and bought the "summon spell" that gave the mount.

I played this game about 2 or 3 years ago.

But all these changes and what not I think I am downloading the trail and might get back into.

I played for 30 days or so when wrath came out just to try it out. The server I was on is dead or was at that time. The server was chogall and I was alliance. Did they or anyone know if they plan on changing it for the doomguard so you don't have to do the quest?

Does anyone know about licensing for WoW?

My wife has been playing for some time - apparently there was something going on with Lich King that only one license was needed per household - everyone was apparently really happy about not needing to buy 3 copies for their roommates, etc.

I'm interested in starting to dabble in it, but fuck the idea of buying additional copies of the game we've already paid for - if it came down to that, I just won't start playing. I don't mind the $15 a month for another account, I just don't want to pay the $30-50 per game/expansion.

So to cut from the babbling, my question is:

Since we're in the same household, are my wife and I both allowed to have accounts on her serial number, or would I need to buy additional serials of the game and expansions?

and if I DO end up just giving up and buying it, what's the "cheapest way" to go? it looks like, since BattleChest only has 1 free month, it's to buy them separately and take advantage of a free month each with WoW and burning - is this right?

You can't have 2 accounts on the same serial number IIRC. Your best option is to purchase a Battlechest which will give you a free month. Before you activate the serial number, have your wife use the recruit a friend feature to send you an invite. Sign up for an account with that invite, then right before the trial is over, use the serial numbers to turn the account into a full account. You will get a free month from the battle chest, and after you pay for your first month, your wife will get a free month thanks to the Recruit a friend feature. If you stay for 3 months, your wife will also get an exclusive in game mount to use for one of her characters. Also, you and your wife will get triple XP if you level up characters together. This triple xp lasts until 60. Be advised that the trial account only allows you to level up to 20, so if you hit that before the trial is up (you should really easily) just activate the account early.

Sorry for wall of text, but hope that helps!

Did they or anyone know if they plan on changing it for the doomguard so you don't have to do the quest?

They haven't changed it as of yet and i doubt they will. The quests aren't really too bad and I believe only the last quest in the chain requires you to be a higher level or have a player helping you.

Just started out a Tauren Shaman and a Draenei Paladin. Don't really know what the hell I'm doing, but I'm trying.

[quote name='Rocko']Finally got my DK to 80. :D[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I've been holding off until 3.2 is running before doing much with my DK. Especially with all the changes I feel its better off that I wait a bit since things will be a bit easier.

It's my first 80- started a mage with a friend that's been playing for a while with Refer-A-Friend, but for the RAF bonus we had to play together, so when I could make a DK I did so I could play whenever I wanted to with that character. By the time I could level alone with my mage, I was already really into the DK. Soloing with the mage isn't as fun as the DK since my DK can tear through pretty much anything with ease, as far as leveling goes.

Who here thinks Palys & DKs are way OPed?

I think its safe to say that either one of them could face-roll and still win. :)

bread's done
Back