Armored Core: For Answer (PS3) $19.99 B&M @ Gamestop

option.iv

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Found this game $19.99 at Gamestop (B&M). It's $19.99 on their site as well, but unavailable online. Pretty decent price. Though it's more of a game recommended to hardcore mech fans and are willing to spent a lot of time just customizing their mech.

Gamestop has it used for $17.99, with this weeks 20% off PS3 games coupon + 10% edge discount, you can get it for $12.59 used.

I've been meaning to try dabbling in the series, but should I go with the older ones on the PS2 or this one?

[quote name='ruibing']I've been meaning to try dabbling in the series, but should I go with the older ones on the PS2 or this one?[/QUOTE]
I'd say join in with the later titles. From my understanding, the story is pretty much a non-factor. And they're kept the same formula for a while. With the latest game, they offer co-op play, more customization than AC4, and online play. Everything else is pretty much the same old mech sim game.

After playing AC4 and being totally disappointed (one of the worst games I have ever played), I was pleased to see that AC: For Answer was a much better game overall.

I will actually look into this as its getting around the price I'd be willing to pay for it.

The first few iterations of the AC series on the PS2 didn't offer analog controls.

Yeah, WTF. I believe that starting with Nexus for the PS2, they've had dual analog support from here on out. I always mapped my controls to more of an FPS-like thing, because the default one (while it might actively portray the awkwardness of controlling a huge robot) were cumbersome and bleh.

I'd be in on this if I had a PS3. :/

pretty good game for the price. been with this series since ps1 and still have them all. for answer has better controle responce and customizing has a lot more options the ac4. story is still meh though

I ended up spending the whole day playing (or rather customizing) this game. The mech handling is so in depth. If you're dedicated enough to go through every little aspect about the mech to see whether you can win or lose, this game is definitely for you.

I honestly only played some of the single player so far (a lot of significant slow down on huge battles). After a couple chapters, I prompty downloaded the 100% save file just to unlock all the parts (I'll get back to the single player... someday). I really think online is the best part about the game. Though when opponents are fast and laggy enough, they appear to teleport, which isn't very fun to play against. Though I've only seen about 2 others that fit this description in the time I've played online.

I also was wondering if anyone else still plays or just got the game. It would be nice to play with other CAGs. I'll even start a CAG Night/group if there are enough to warrant one.

bread's done
Back