XBLM Deals Of The Week: Marvel: UA H/V Pack 560pts

robbyH

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Flak']:360: Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Heroes/Villians Pack
560pts (Normally 800 points.)[/QUOTE]

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MajorNelson/~3/8GJBd_tjqXY/deal-of-the-week-bionic-commando.aspx

Guess since the big BC game is coming out soon. And the price drop on PSN, XBL is going to make this DotW.

Even though it was announce last week without a DotW tag.

AND NO BI##HING ABOUT NOT PUTTING GOLD MEMBERSHIP IN THE SUBJECT LINE!

You've got to admit, this month they came with three games. Granted the first two (Crash Bandicoot and Brain Challenge) weren't the best. And for this, who doesn't already have this title?

At least it's not DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='robbyH'] And for this, who doesn't already have this title?

[/QUOTE]

I don't.

And aren't there like a billion threads for this already?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']But this is Gold ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)[/QUOTE]

Haha. I hate it when people are actually serious about that. I tell them go work one shift at McDonald's and then your whole YEAR's subscription is paid off.

But why should I pay? PSN is free!
You're receiving an amazing online service with an unparalleled marketplace. Considering you can usually find a 12+1 card for $29.99, it's a steal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think XBL is kind of a ripoff considering it's a P2P network and all the things on the marketplace are either paid for or to promote buying something but that's for another thread, let's not have that here.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I actually think XBL is kind of a ripoff considering it's a P2P network and all the things on the marketplace are either paid for or to promote buying something but that's for another thread, let's not have that here.[/QUOTE]

Even though you would only have to work one shift at McDonald's a year to have gold access, the service is still incredible (over 12 million online) and you forget all the little things, like how user-friendly the marketplace is (saves you gas/time to go to a retail store) and all of the promotional events/spotlight videos, etc.

There's a lot more involved I didn't even mention, but it's really not "a ripoff."

I have an Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii, and I use the Xbox 360's online service 15:1 what I do of the other two consoles.

[quote name='robbyH']http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MajorNelson/~3/8GJBd_tjqXY/deal-of-the-week-bionic-commando.aspx

Guess since the big BC game is coming out soon. And the price drop on PSN, XBL is going to make this DotW.

Even though it was announce last week without a DotW tag.

You've got to admit, this month they came with three games. Granted the first two (Crash Bandicoot and Brain Challenge) weren't the best. And for this, who doesn't already have this title?

At least it's not DLC.[/QUOTE]

Why did you refuse to put how much it costs in your post? Is it a big secret?

[quote name='projectionist']XBL rant[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhh; leave this thread for discussing the game and/or deal. So this deal is live now? I'll have to pick it up when I get home later on!

[quote name='lolwut?']Shhhhhhh; leave this thread for discussing the game and/or deal. So this deal is live now? I'll have to pick it up when I get home later on![/QUOTE]

The "deal" has been live for almost a week now. Capcom decided to temporarily cut the price of this last week due to the upcoming release, and Microsoft decided to run it this week as the "deal of the week."

[quote name='mtxbass1']The "deal" has been live for almost a week now. Capcom decided to temporarily cut the price of this last week due to the upcoming release, and Microsoft decided to run it this week as the "deal of the week."[/QUOTE]

In America, the 360 price is still 800 points.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The "deal" has been live for almost a week now. Capcom decided to temporarily cut the price of this last week due to the upcoming release, and Microsoft decided to run it this week as the "deal of the week."[/QUOTE]

Uh, it was still 800 last week when I first heard about it. It was cheaper on PSN since last week, but the way I heard it was the price cut was coming to 360 this week.

And what's with deal being in quotes? Is half-off the normal price not a deal by your standards?

I thought this was suppose to start the week of the 25th, I could be wrong on that, but I thought that what they said in the other thread

[quote name='Slappybob']Dang it when are they going to do Castle Crashers on sale![/QUOTE]

TBH I bought this and castle crashers at the same time and liked BC:R waaaay more.

[quote name='Slappybob']Dang it when are they going to do Castle Crashers on sale![/QUOTE]

They already did awhile back and thats when I bought it for 800 pts.

[quote name='lolwut?']Uh, it was still 800 last week when I first heard about it. It was cheaper on PSN since last week, but the way I heard it was the price cut was coming to 360 this week.

And what's with deal being in quotes? Is half-off the normal price not a deal by your standards?[/QUOTE]

:roll: This was advertised last week as being half price. Microsoft is running this as a deal, when in essence it's something that capcom is doing across both platforms. This "deal of the week" is just them piggybacking on what capcom is doing to promote their game. It's in no way a bad deal, but it's kind of weak on Microsoft's part to not put some different content on sale than something that was already previously scheduled to receive a cut this week.

Looks like this week's deal is just more lame DLC after all . . . The "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Hero/Villain Pack" for 30% off (560 points). *yawn*

Bionic Commando appears to still be 800 points, as far as I can tell.

[quote name='mtxbass1']:roll: This was advertised last week as being half price. Microsoft is running this as a deal, when in essence it's something that capcom is doing across both platforms. This "deal of the week" is just them piggybacking on what capcom is doing to promote their game. It's in no way a bad deal, but it's kind of weak on Microsoft's part to not put some different content on sale than something that was already previously scheduled to receive a cut this week.[/QUOTE]

This was advertised last week as half price on PSN. That thread also said that the XBLA version of BC:Rearmed would be on sale, but not until 5/26. Read the thread, and you can see people have checked and it is showing up as 800pts right now. For me, it looks like it is 800pts on marketplace.xbox.com. If you see a different price, maybe you can explain how it is different for you.

Kind of wish I didn't buy this when it came out, especially since I've barely put any time into it and now it cut the price in half. :whistle2:/

[quote name='_heretic']This was advertised last week as half price on PSN. That thread also said that the XBLA version of BC:Rearmed would be on sale, but not until 5/26. Read the thread, and you can see people have checked and it is showing up as 800pts right now. For me, it looks like it is 800pts on marketplace.xbox.com. If you see a different price, maybe you can explain how it is different for you.[/QUOTE]

I haven't read it clearly spelled out yet, but as I understand it, BC:R's supposed to go to 400 MS Points sometime today for Gold users, then become available at that price for free/Silver members on the 25th (which is when I'll buy it because I'm not a paid Gold member of Xbox LIVE). Sad I have to wait longer for the discounted price (is it really temporary?), but I can stand another week's wait at this point.

[quote name='arcane93']Looks like this week's deal is just more lame DLC after all . . . The "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Hero/Villain Pack" for 30% off (560 points). *yawn*

Bionic Commando appears to still be 800 points, as far as I can tell.[/QUOTE]

Yup, Major Nelson must be mistaken. Was looking forward to DLing something new today. Oh well.

Oh well, I'm down to 240 points after buying Fable II - See the Future last week, and I'm not finding any deals on points out there right now. Not sure I'd have wanted to buy more points at full price just to download this anyway.

If this is a Capcom price drop, I wonder what the chances are that Amazon will pick it up as well . . .

[quote name='robbyH']
[/QUOTE]

So you took the time to write all that, but not to address your post correctly? :roll:

The Playstation version is half off for everyone, so it's even more obvious than normal you should title it correctly.

[quote name='lordopus99']Leave it to marketplace to screw things up again since Playstation already has up their price reduction.

I feel bad for Major.[/QUOTE]

How can you feel bad for Major? He gets paid a ton and plays videogames all day.

[quote name='rdogg1026']How can you feel bad for Major? He gets paid a ton and plays videogames all day.[/QUOTE]

Cause he has to hear peoples complaining for things he doesn't control i.e. the Lode Runner fiasco and most likely this not posting until next week.

[quote name='lordopus99']Cause he has to hear peoples complaining for things he doesn't control i.e. the Lode Runner fiasco and most likely this not posting until next week.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't have to hear anyone. People leave comments. He just won't read any of them. Do you really think he reads all of those comments?

Can't you find the actual game for the about the same price in real dollars? If MS wants to really move this DLC, they'd cut it down to 400 points.

[quote name='dpac']I haven't read it clearly spelled out yet, but as I understand it, BC:R's supposed to go to 400 MS Points sometime today for Gold users, then become available at that price for free/Silver members on the 25th (which is when I'll buy it because I'm not a paid Gold member of Xbox LIVE). Sad I have to wait longer for the discounted price (is it really temporary?), but I can stand another week's wait at this point.[/QUOTE]

This makes sense, but it also sounds like Major Nelson might just have been mistaken. There's already a DOTW on the M:UA DLC.

[quote name='_heretic']This was advertised last week as half price on PSN. That thread also said that the XBLA version of BC:Rearmed would be on sale, but not until 5/26. Read the thread, and you can see people have checked and it is showing up as 800pts right now. For me, it looks like it is 800pts on marketplace.xbox.com. If you see a different price, maybe you can explain how it is different for you.[/QUOTE]

I thought for sure I saw a banner on XBL last week advertising it for half price. My bad then.

Either way, I'm glad to see that this now isn't the "deal of the week" as advertised by Microsoft. The Marvel pack is however, which is tempting, but not for 560. I'd be in at 400.

I really want this, but from 10 down to 7 is pathetic. Much like the GRAW content a few weeks ago and the Battlestations content, I'll have to pass until the deals get better. Since I haven't opened it I wish I'd passed on that $7 MUA and waited to get a deal on the Gold edition as it's had some deals on it now.

[quote name='rdogg1026']how can you feel bad for major? He gets paid a ton and plays videogames all day.[/quote]

lol.

i've got some extra points from buying the COD:W@W maps, so I MIGHT pick this up. I know if I got them I would probably not use them for a while, but I really don't see them ever dropping any lower.

[quote name='arcane93']I'm not finding any deals on points out there right now.[/QUOTE]
This guy sells 4000 point cards for $35 quite often. I've bought two from him and others here have bought from him as well... never a problem.

[quote name='RudyPants']Can't you find the actual game for the about the same price in real dollars? If MS wants to really move this DLC, they'd cut it down to 400 points.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and this example right here is why I hate DLC and downloadable only games. No concept what-so-ever of supply and demand. If Microsoft or Nintendo (not sure about PSN) could sell all of their games on-line, they'd charge $30 for year-old shovelware.

I have looked at DLC for games I got on sale for $7-10 (Best Buy, Blockbuster), but refuse to pay another $10 for DLC that adds another hour or two to the game.

bread's done
Back