Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!
In an effort to salvage the hockey season and throw something together, the CAG team has regrouped and resimplified. Rather than going with any over the top monikers, you can find this new creation listed as the CheapyD All Stars.

Anyone who wants to be a part of the team is more than welcome, and no invitations are needed because, at the present, the team is public. We are still trying to play on Friday nights from 8 PM EST to 12 AM EST. If you'd like to play, please feel free to join us.

Club Overview
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/762A0001/104921/overview

Current Roster
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position
#9 | DestroVega | DestroVega | Abe Froman | Left Wing/Center
#10 | KasterDB | KasterDB | Kieran Shaw | Right Wing/Left Wing
#11 | ChunkyB | ChunkyBasty | Cole Duke | Right Wing/Left Wing
#14 | SeanAmI | S3anAmI | Trip Inurma | Right Wing
#15 | taloncarde | talonunt | ?? | Right Wing
#16 | Regian | Regian | Shaun Uno Seis | Right Defenseman
#21 | Kazo | SG Kazo | Jay Willis | Left Defenseman/Left Wing
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | Explosive Diarrhea | Left Defenseman/Goalie/Left Wing
#24 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | Chesty McHooters | Right Wing/Right Defenseman
#35 | Magicking610 | Magicking610 | Now on VHS LOST | Left Wing/Goalie/Left Defenseman
#37 | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | Cooch Filibuster | Center/Right Wing
#39 | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | Buster Filicooch | Center/Left Defenseman/Left Wing
#?? | striker199 | sTRIKER1999 | Kyle Rivera | ??

OLD TEAM INFO
What is up CAGs? You have stumbled upon the official thread for YOUR returning Division 286 3rd Runner Up CAG hockey team!!! The 2008-2009 campaign was a rollercoaster of emotion for the CAG team. But their highlights included a stunning come from behind victory against known 99 glitchers, an 8 game winning streak, and of course...THE FLYING V!!!

Last year's CAG team had a bit of an identity crisis. Like a psychopath with multiple personalities, the CAG teem teetered between the Sex Panthers and the Crotch Sharks. This year, those personalities have spawned two separate teams. And YOU get to choose who you play for. Here are your choices.

caghockeysexpantherssmall.jpg
sexpantherswewineverytime.gif

MEET THE TEAM!
seananayalated.gif
devindinkins.gif

donteffwithchucknorris.gif

#3 | Pure Apathy | Pure Apathy | Devin Dinkins | L/R Wing. I might try L/R D out too
#7 | Chubacca | bumonkee | Hau Chu | Winger
#8 | neworlbush25 | neworlbush25 | Pete Noto | Right Defense... Or whatever is available
#9 l DestroVega l DestroVega l don't know what name my player will be right now... | LW
#10| Danked | Danked | Asshat Kottke | RW
#13 | Gillums | Gillums | Jay Gillums | C/LW
#17 | Azumangaman | Azumangaman | I'm not sure what my skater name will be. Probably my name like last year | Center
#19 | Albo23 | Legendairy Milk | Albert Ivezaj | Right Wing/Defense/Goalie
#23 | Wpark83 | Wpark83 | Vanilla-Face (Fac-Ay) Jordan | Center
#25 | Panther1484 | ShadyMarino | Josh Marino | G/LW
#26 | Mr_hockey66 | Mr hockey66 | Chuck Norris or Petr Venkman | the man who sits in the penalty box
#26 | Captain OBVIOU5 | Captain OBVIOU5 | Clay Wiebe | Wing
#27 | GLOCKGLOCK | DRUNKZ 27 | TBD | LW/RW
#28 | emg28 | emg28 | M. Garcia | Right Wing
#29 | Link127 | Link1207 | Super Kenna | Defense (don't mind Wing)
#35 | FrankySox | Frankysox | Franklin Quincy Sox | Left Wing
#44 | ajh2298 | ajh2298 | Anthony Handlovitch | Left Wing
#45 | AceFan84| Codi Garber | Center/whatever is needed
#51 | fieldkillah | fieldkillah | Matt Rhodes | Defense (L/R doesn't matter)
#69 | SeanAmI | S3anAmI | Trip Inurma | Whatever, whatever I do what I want
#87 | Handlovitch4487 | Mark331330 | Christopher Handlovitch | Any position
#92 | VipFREAK | Vprfrk | Nick Hirano | Left Defense (Half Back er... Offensive)
#93 | Slickkill77 | NinjaPenguin777 | Alex Foster | Left Defense/Winger/Goalie

(It should be noted that we don't assign specific positions to people. Players are encouraged to rotate spots and give everyone a chance to score...or to crush people, whatever you like. But stating your preferred position lets everyone know what you feel you're best at, not to mention, enjoy.)

Search for "Seckz Panthers" when you're trying to find the club!

OR

caghockeykrotchsharkssmall.jpg

MEET THE TEAM!
youjustgotstamosd2.gif
workingitlohanded.gif

garyrussellstayclassy.gif
mattyounginit-1.gif

towerofpower.gif

#2 | Vulcan2422 | Vulcan7905 | Gary Russell | Right Defense (or right right)
#11 | ChunkyB | ChunkyBasty | Cole Duke (or maybe Chunky Basty) | Right Wing (or left wing)
#16 | Regian | Regian | Shaun Parent | Right Defensiveman
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | Linday Lohan | LW/Goal (or anything that isn't on the right side)
#24 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | Brandon Craig | Right Wing or Right Defenseman
#37 | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | Center/Left & Right Defenseman
#39 | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | John Stamos | Center, dabutt...and also I like tennis

(It should be noted that we don't assign specific positions to people. Players are encouraged to rotate spots and give everyone a chance to score...or to crush people, whatever you like. But stating your preferred position lets everyone know what you feel you're best at, not to mention, enjoy.)

Search for "Crohtch Sharks" when you're trying to find the club!

HOW TO SIGN UP
Keep in mind, the CAG team has an official weekly Hockey Night on Fridays from 8PM EST - UNTIL (usually 12-1AM EST), but we do play other random times throughout the week as well.

If you're interested in taking part in these fun and awesome community gatherings, just find the team in the game (search "CAG" or "CheapyD All Stars"), and join. The team is public, so no invite or approval is needed. And be sure to post in the thread and include the following information:
Team Choice | Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position

CUSTOM SOUNDPACK
As you may or may not know, NHL 10 allows people to set their own custom playlists for in game events (team intros, goals, penalties, etc.). The great thing about this is you can stream the music from your computer and have the playlists pre-set. All you have to do is assign them to the specific events in game. A new pack is being worked on for this year (with a projected release of 10/1). Details can be found here.

http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=37736

And here's a direct link to his file directory so you can check out some of the preview clips he's posted. Sounds pretty good so far.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/insider/

Also, here's a link to last year's pack with full instructions on how to install it. I'd recommend waiting for the new one, but this will at least give everyone an idea of how it works.

http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21508

PRE-RELEASE INFO
The CAG team is always open to new members, and as the game's release approaches, we'll have an official sign up for spots on the team. For now, enjoy the updates and let's get ready for NHL Oh-10! :).

[quote name='Panther1484']Some NHL 010 tidbits...

Corey Perry is the cover athelete. At least it's not Ovechkin
http://sports.ign.com/articles/980/980182p1.html

Producer Blog that is giving out some secrets
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/230742.page

twitter.com/nhl10

jd_nhl10_fighting_eagerfight01_top.jpg

Players will be close enough to count an opponent's missing teeth when skaters square off to settle things with their fists in NHL 10. Electronic Arts announced that the game will shift the perspective from the third- to first-person during fights as players clobber each other in the forthcoming annual update.

The change is among 200 "refinements" EA promises, including glass-banging crowds, a new board physics engine and scraps after the whistle. Additionally, EA adds that enforcers will now step in to throw down to protect skill players in a fight, meaning even virtual versions of Crosby or Sakic can breathe easy knowing someone's got their back.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
http://www.gamespot.com/sports/blogs...opslot;thumb;5

GS: Once the ref blows the whistle, how much time will you have to get an extra shot or two in? Can you be penalized if you go too far after the whistle?

DL: Post whistle play is a big part of playoff hockey. In NHL 10 you can start scrums after the whistle and face wash guys to get their attention. If you shoot the puck at the opposing goalie after the whistle you better get ready to fight. The AI players will protect their goalie. You can get penalties after the whistle, so you may want to go after the other team's scorer with your tough guy because if you both get penalties, you have done your job. You can also bait the other team into taking stupid penalties after the whistle.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jello00']some more updates about NHL 10:[/QUOTE][quote name='jello00']

[youtube]qR2Yd87pQhc[/youtube][/QUOTE]

[quote name='Flyersfan']They had the E3 trailer of NHL 10 on gametrailers when I was looking at it this morning. Looks pretty good, I like the new fans, things like them banging on the glass or waving towels but that could get old quick. They also added some women in for those of you complaining about the lack of them, lol. Other than that it looks fairly standard to what I expected from so few action cuts. Lol at the facewashing though. That'll be awesome.[/QUOTE][quote name='Flyersfan']

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C6HemyK7jE[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Flyersfan']Here's a new preview thing from OperationSports[/QUOTE][quote name='Flyersfan'].

http://www.operationsports.com/preview.php?id=75

Here's an awesome quote from that article, I think I'll love this even though I don't play the Single player part that much.

I think it’s great that there are 20,000 fans waving towels around their heads. I also like that the crowd is smart enough to boo star players on opposing teams. (Also, here’s a cool little aside about the crowds. Within the franchise mode, if an opposing player injures someone on your team, he will be booed by your crowd when he touches the puck.)

And this:
Thankfully the NHL development team has added a bunch of new goalie animations to this year’s title. I saw all types of new goalie animations, but the ones that caught my eye the most were the blocker and kick saves. These stood out because I watched the goalies make some kick saves where they redirected the puck towards the corner—the same goes for the blocker saves. Those types of saves are significant because the goalies in NHL 09 almost always covered up the puck or left a big juicy rebound in front of the net—there was very little divergence from those two scenarios.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']Thanks to the product listing from Gamestop we have new info on NHL 10. Until now most of what has been relayed has been about the physicality and fighting enhancements. However this features list provides details on specific modes such as a new GM mode and Playoff mode with improvement to playoff atmosphere.[/QUOTE][quote name='slickkill77']
New Battle for the Cup Mode: Experience the intensity of NHL playoff hockey. Play through injuries, intimidate rivals, and match lines as storylines carry across the entire series.
Build a Stanley Cup Champion: All-new GM mode lets you scout amateurs, put players on the trading block, hire staff, and earn experience points to become a legendary GM.
Battle on the Boards: Shield the puck with your body, kick-pass it to teammates, or pin your opponent against the boards with an all-new board play engine.
All-New First-Person Fighting: Change the momentum by trading blows with an NHL enforcer. Tug an opponent’s jersey to gain an advantage—before or after the whistle.
Become the Ultimate Pro: Improve your draft status by dominating the prospects game, then use new coaching tips, improved teammate AI, and detailed position instructions as you build the ultimate career.
Capture Multiple Championships: The coveted EA SPORTS Hockey League Cup is always up for grabs as new seasons start on a monthly basis online.
New Intimidation Tactics: Fore-check defenders, pressure the puck, and finish checks to force your opponent into mistakes, as players fatigue, bobble passes, and avoid collisions under threat of physical pressure.
All-New Post-Whistle Action: The action never stops! Antagonize opposing players, finish checks, retaliate for late shots on goal, draw penalties, and pick fights—all after the referee blows the whistle![/QUOTE]

[quote name='DestroVega']Also, some hands-on with the new features... whacking pucks out of mid-air FTW[/QUOTE][quote name='DestroVega'] http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/995/995281p1.html[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14347693/nhl-10/videos/nhl10_trl_cover_62209.html

First trailer gang[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matt Young']So, Corey Perry's not the cover athlete, thankfully:[/QUOTE][quote name='Matt Young']

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6212343.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;4

It's Patrick Kane.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14347693/nhl-10/videos/nhl10_trl_refinements_70209.html

Gameplay refinements[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Flyersfan']
Sean here to talk about some of the many gameplay refinements in NHL10. Before I get into it, I know you’re all dying to see some under produced, raw gameplay footage and I can tell you that we’ve got some clips to post. Litty has been capturing clips from the games that he’s been playing and we’re extremely excited to share them with you. I also want to thank everyone that has been following NHL10 on Twitter. We love hearing all the feedback and suggestions so keep it coming! Now to the refinements…

One thing I really want to emphasize is that more than ever, this year we concentrated on making hockey. By that I mean that the focus was on all the little things that make hockey what it is from extreme displays of skill such as deking on your knees and shooting to bad bounces leading to goals.

The first thing I want to talk about is the goalies in NHL10. We literally had one programmer and one animator working on goalies all year around. We know that there were some holes in the goalie last year so my challenge to our guys was to make a perfect goalie. I wanted to ensure that our goalies had the ability to save anything shot at them. Once we had that, we could then start to give back goals in a controlled manner and ensure that we weren’t creating any ‘always goals’. I gotta give the guys credit, they added over 150 new goalie animations including saves from the butt, new kick saves, reach backs and swipe-aways just to name a few which made the goalies extremely effective and much more dynamic.
Once we had the goalies to a state that we liked, we brought in some of the top EASHL players in the Vancouver area to try and find holes. The first thing they did was try all the exploit goals from 09 which were unsuccessful but they did find a couple situations where the goalies could still be improved. We took that feedback and made the final tweaks. I should mention that I’m also extremely pleased with our additions for user controlled goalies which I’ll speak about at a later date. I will say that people who play goalie in the EASHL are going to be very happy with the improvements we’ve made. The guys in the office are having blast playing as goalie.

With better goalies, the play in the slot was a huge area of emphasis for us. I wanted the ability to one-time loose pucks, especially on rebounds without throwing a check. We now have that and we’ve also captured a part of hockey that I’ve never felt in a video game before which is intentionally shooting for rebounds. Guys in the NHL do this all the time. They just shoot the puck off the goalie’s pads so that their teammate will have a chance at the rebound. You can do that this year in our game and I have to say that it’s really satisfying when you do it intentionally and score.
A new feature that we’ve added this year is what we’re calling Precision Passing. In a nutshell, Precision Passing allows you to have total control of the direction AND the speed of your pass. Your pass will go exactly where you’re left analog is aiming and the speed is controlled by how long you hold down the RT (or R2 for PS3). A quick tap will do a short pass and holding it down will lead to a harder pass. The key is that all passes are untargeted meaning that you can pass the puck into space and let your teammates skate onto the puck. You can also do things like banking passes off the boards to get around defenders or bank it to yourself.

On offense, we’ve added new moves that I’m pretty excited about. If you take down a star player on a breakaway, there’s a chance that he’ll end up on his knees with the ability to deke and shoot. We’ve also added bat-ins so if the puck is in the air, players will try to bat the puck into the net or the defensive team will try to bat it out of harm’s way. There is also a new fake shot that can be done by pressing R3. This is a great way to try to get the D-man to bite and go down or to freeze the goalie. One of my personal favorite ways to score right now is going leg kick to backhand high (like Crosby) but remember my paragraph about goalies above…well this move has also led to some unbelievable desperation saves which are almost just as exciting to me.

Defensive AI was another big focus for us this year as we tried to make the defense more dynamic and less predictable. I think one of the first things you’ll notice when you play the demo (Yes, I said demo; No I don’t have a release date; But, I can guarantee that you’re going to be VERY surprised when you find out what’s in the demo) is that the D-men don’t always back right in on their goalie but rather try to stand you up more at the blue line or pinch you off earlier if you try to go wide. They also have better awareness of their positioning in the defensive zone so that you can’t dance them back and forth then go around them. The addition of boardplay has added a whole new dynamic to the defense as well as it gives the ai one more option against the boards. It allows them to contain players without over committing and getting beat.

That’s enough from me…check out the gameplay clips!

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/07/09/nhl-10-more-gameplay-refinements.aspx [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matt Young']There was a shit ton of great sounding stuff posted at the Operation Sports forums:[/QUOTE][quote name='Matt Young']
"Well guys, as I said in the earlier thread, I got another chance to give NHL10 a hands on test drive, and this time, I was able to spend much, much more time with the game (and it appeared to be a slightly more advanced build.)

David Littman said the build that was showcased yesterday was 95 percent done (and the actual gameplay end of things was about 99 percent done.)

I was able to play four full games, and poked around and looked at a lot of the menus, new features, etc. so I have a lot more information and should be able to answer a lot more questions.

Let me just tell you a bunch of random stuff, and if anyone has any questions, I can try to answer.

- They have added a "season" mode, and it allows you to manage up to 30 teams. So if you want to try and mimic the NHL season exactly by making all the roster moves, you can now do that.

- The Fantasy Draft is in.

- Dynasty hasn't just been added to, it's been scrapped and replaced by a MUCH more detailed version called "Be A GM." This mode, quite simply, is awesome. It is a much more detailed, feature rich version of the old Dynasty Mode with a real focus on how you run your club and if you're able to keep your owner happy. Among the cool things here is the fact that EA has fixed a lot of the annoying loop holes that previously existed. In previous versions, you could sign five free agents then trade them off for draft picks or bundle them up for one big star player. You can still do that, but now it will really cost you. As a GM, you have a "reputation." If you do something shady like sign a free agent then quickly trade him, your reputation around the league - and most importantly with players and agents - takes a big hit. You will find that guys - including your own - don't want to sign with you or other GMs have no interest in trading with you. This also solves another little work-around. Previously you could trade a 79 overall guy for an 81 overall guy then swap him for an 83 then an 85, etc until you got a great player. Now trading for a guy then dumping him the same day will hurt your reputation. Also, if you try to "rip off" other GMs by offering stupid lop-sided trades, you will piss off the GMs and hurt your reputation.

Another way you are punished for being a shady GM is by literally losing "phone lines." All of your interactions with other teams are via Blackberry (and they actually have the rights to Blackberry, so a real blackberry pops up on your screen.) If you're a good GM with a good reputation, you can have as many as 5 different Blackberry's. This is useful around the draft or trade deadline day because you have five lines and can receive a ton of different offers. However, if you've got a lousy reputation, you will lose phone lines and, as a result, opportunites to improve and build your team.

You can start the Be A GM mode pre-draft, and a cool little feature thats included is the prospects game. You can actually play this game to get a look at the best draft eligible players in a game situation, or you can simply scout it. At the draft, much like the real one, there's a lot of wheeling and dealing. You can set your trade block, your wants and needs, and see if other teams come biting. You get "calls" on your Blackberry "It's St. Louis, they have the 11th pick. Answer or Ignore?" A lot of trades went down at the draft involving players and picks. The trade AI has been totally revamped. ****** teams like the Leafs and Islanders won't trade their young stars, period. They are rebuilding and will tell you so. Good luck trading for Luke Schenn. Another cool detail that adds realism is players worth actually fluctuates. At the beginning of the season, the trade value for an older veteran isn't too high. However, at the deadline, when his cap hit is small and there's teams looking for veteran leadership, his value goes up. Its worth hanging on to these guys an auctioning them at a higher price.

This mode also has accomplishments can be met that are worth points you can use to improve your staff so you get better medical, better scouting reports, better more accurate trade rumors from around the league, etc. Very, very cool.

- For the Be A Pro fans, there's now a proshop where you can buy new equipment for your player that will give him attribute boosts, much like Tiger Woods.

- Much much more of the games features can be toggled on/off in order to crank up the realism for better players. You can now pick the "style" and if you choose hardcore, its a much tougher game and all sorts of things are now in your control. You can turn off "auto skate back" you can turn off "penalties after the whistle" you can even turn off the clock slown down that happens during powerplays.

- The Swiss National League has been added.

- The New Road to the Cup mode has a lot more then just towels for the fans, as I reported earlier. You can now set up ANY length series for the Cup. It's a good party mode, and it has really cool story telling in it. The announcers - and fans - have a memory of the series. If Justin Williams highsticked Saku Koivu and he's out for the rest of the series, Williams will get booed by the fans in the next game(s.) The announcers will also be aware of the incident and talk about it. When you start the next game, the "story" will be about Williams taking out Koivu. The question is... will you retaliate? Very cool.

- Speaking of injuries ... If a guy gets punched out or a puck in the face, he can return with a black eye. If a guy gets his jaw broken, he can return with a jaw protector on his helmet. Injuries that happen in game now give you an on-screen update about the injured player (during the game) and you can decide if he should hit the showers, stay on the bench, or play hurt. Cool stuff.

- The level of detail in the goaltenders is remarkable. I already talked about the slew of new animations before, but I've noticed some other cool stuff. If you play with a goalie that handles the puck well (Brodeur, Turco) he will be very active with playing the puck. Always jumping out to corral dump ins, skating out to play a puck that drifts into the zone. If the goalie doesnt have those skills, he doesn't. If you play with Tim Thomas, expect to see an unorthodox style. He could be on the ice, on his *** in the splits, while Brodeur will stand up a lot more. The animations are specific to the actual style the real-life goalie plays. Very detailed and the animations are great.

- If you get hooked or knocked down and your a skilled player, its possible to retain possession while on your knees and even shoot (I hit the crossbar wtih Lecavalier from my knees, drew a penalty shot then hit the damn cross bar again.)

- This one almost seems too good to be true, but I played a few full games and watched several more and I'm here to tell you the money-shot one-timer goal..... is dead. Obviously you can still score with one timers but not nearly with the frequency you could before. And you can one time loose pucks which is awesome. I scored three goals with Matt D'Agostini in three different games all loose puck one timers that he wired. Sweeet.

- It's gonna take a lot of people some time to realize that the game is different and they will likely take A LOT of penalties at first. (obviously penalty frequency can be toggled) but there's a lot of scrums now that can easily lead to fights or penalties. I face-washed a guy and got a Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty, so its quite detailed. A cool little animation exists where if you have the option to drop your gloves (it asks you, and tells you who the combatants are) and you don't drop them your guy will be wiggling his gloves as if to say "you wanna go? You wanna go?" There's a another cool animation if you drop a guy in a fight where your guy tumbles down on top of him the winner of the fight pulls a punch as if he's gonna drill the guy while he's turtled. He never does fire the punch though!

- The highest compliment I can give the new board play feature is that it feels totally organic to the game and not like something that was "added in." In fact, it feels like it was always there, but it really adds a wrinkle of realism. If you get tied up, you can try to kick the puck to your teammate, but, because its kicking, its not moving fast and be intercepted. Your fourth line slugs that never played in any other version of NHL, are really quite useful now because they can go out there and grind out a shift where there hits and pinning of guys actually intimidates and wears down your opponent. Ditto for big defenseman. I watched Hal Gill totally dominate Brian Gionta along the boards in one shift. (The rosters were pre-free agency.) It was really cool to see, Gill just neutralized and Gionta couldn't overpower Gill. But be aware of the puck, if the player kicks it away and you still hit him or pin him, it can be an interference penalty.

- The demo, which has no release date, will be different in terms of what you get to do then previous versions. Littman said it's a "very cool demo." Not a lot of info there!

- None of the new features for the EAHL or Be A Pro were revealed, they will be announced in 2 or 3 weeks.

That's all I can remember right now, guys."

Cheers
FR[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']http://www.operationsports.com/foru...52-exclusive-nhl-10-gm-video-screenshots.html[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']EA has updated their twitter page.[/QUOTE][quote name='slickkill77']

Originally Posted by EA Twitter

Demo has two different game modes, showing off some new features...plus all gameplay features...there are actually 4 teams in the demo.
----------------------------------------

I never said all four teams were in the NHL.
smile.gif
We are targeting earlier than last year...and sorry, not for PC.

Official National team uniforms and jerseys (along with real goalie mask designs) are pretty complicated to get the rights for.

As far as gameplay sliders in the demo...we will be revealing a new one in the demo that will fulfill most of your demo needs.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']Soundtrack[/QUOTE][quote name='slickkill77']

NHL 10
Alexisonfire – Young Cardinals
Cancer Bats – Deathsmarch
CKY – Hellions On Parade
Disco Ensemble – Golden Years
Drangonforce – Heroes Of Our Time
Earl Greyhound – Oye Vaya
Green Day – Know Your Enemy
Metalkpretty – Wake Up! Wake Up!
Ministry & Co-Conspirators – Keys To The City (Blackhawks Theme)
MxPx – Kids In America
Nickelback – Burn It To The Ground
Papa Roach – Into The Light
Priestess – Raccoon Eyes
Rancid – The Bravest Kids
Scorpions – Rock You Like A Hurricane
Thousand Foot Krutch – Fire It Up[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Just saw this posted on OS:[/QUOTE][quote name='Pure Apathy']

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-battle-cup-multiplayer-season-confirmed.html

Second Embargo Lifted: Playoff Mode, Battle for Cup, Multiplayer Season CONFIRMED

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1009251p1.html

http://www.operationsports.com/videoview.php?id=459

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Also the achievements were released:[/QUOTE][quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/nhl-10/achievements/

Looks like we will be playing a ton of online BAP games if we ever expect to get 1000/1000 on this one. In a way I don't mind it because the achievements in 09 really didn't encourage you to play alot of the BAP, but this list seems a bit ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matt Young']EASHL news:[/QUOTE][quote name='Matt Young']

The addition of "casual" and "pro" leagues is another big switch. Though the two leagues are ostensibly identical--in that you can choose to enter your team in either skill division--the NHL team is guessing that the hardcore NHL fans will gravitate toward the higher skill of competition in the pro division, with incentives that will include more significant prizes for pro division winners than those found in the casual division. That said, your team will earn medals for finishing in the top percentages of your division, and all of your earned trophies and medals will be displayed on a brand new trophy screen.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']EASHL info[/QUOTE][quote name='slickkill77']
http://blogs.ign.com/EA_NHL/2009/08/07/126351/

EASHL Video
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14347693/nhl-10/videos/nhl10_trl__eashlproddiary_8709.html [/QUOTE]

[quote name='moojuice']http://www.operationsports.com/videoview.php?id=469

Demo video (not the demo, just a video of it).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I also thought this was interesting to read how the Boost's work.

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/2474/Exposed-NHL-10s-Hockey-Shop/p2/

Last edited by a moderator:
Corey Perry. EA must have had a budget cut. Too bad they couldn't have motion captured him getting rag dolled by Jonathan Ericsson.

Can't wait for this. Also, why Corey Perry? Even Getzlaf would have been a better choice.

Whats your guys wish list for this year?

My biggest is a fantasy draft mode for both season and dynasty.

go wings go

My biggest thing on the wishlist, since I play mostly online, is to have many more goalie animations. Hell, this applies to offline as well.

They need to do something so that if a player goes to a certain area of the ice, the goalie is in the BEST possible position to stop it.

Some other things:

They need to make it so that if you're doing a toe drag you have about a 5% chance of actually getting the puck on net. Will cut that down drastically.

Goalies, as I said above, need to be able to poke check or put their glove down on cross crease passes that go literally inches in front of them.

Fix the stick lifts. I see a stick lift happen maybe once a game and that could be an exaggeration. Players are too strong to be lifted constantly like they are in this game.

Fix the poke checks. If someone spams the poke check button they need to have a negative consequence to them. Like you can only hit it once every two seconds or you move very slow while you're doing it. It's impossible against some teams to even get in the zone because of that, and dumping and chasing isn't very effective in this game.

That's all I got right now. I'd be happy if I just got the goalie animations I want though, which by watching that video in the other thread, I think we're gonna get.

09 is an awesome game, its really the only game I play anymore but I know 10 will be better...the only things id like to see is

Improved shot/pass blocking...too many times passes and shots go right through prefectly positioned players, it helps and hurts each player so make it uniform, pucks can't go through people

Poke checks and stick lifts are abused, a delay would be awesome

Online play needs a finish against cpu mode like madden, I'm pretty good and everytime I play quicjk ranked I have to play about 5 games to finish 1...rather annoying that someone can't takwe a loss but takes a high dnf...and give the quitter a loss...my records like 120-40-10 and it should be more like 220-40-10

Fantasy draft!!!

Skills competition

I like the goalie idea, too many people glitch shot...I can't even begin how many times I've lost a game where my opponent scored 5 or more goals just coming around my net and five hole glitch

The only things I think need to be fixed in this version are:
-Fighting, NHL2k9 on wii was a horrible game, but it had the best fighting mechanics I have ever seen in a hockey game to date.
-Fantasy Draft, why did they take this out to begin with?
-Skills Competition during the all star break, they have some of these events in practice mode, might as well just put it in the damn game already! NHL 97 for genesis had it.
-The Olympics, instead of having a month long gap in your season why not give you the option of playing as any of the olympic teams?
-Interference never gets called! When playing my cousin he likes hitting guys that arent even in the play so I have no one to pass to, and penalties are rarely called.
-Player overall upgrades. I created myself and started a dynasty. My overall was a 79, I scored 115 goals and had 183 points, my overall increased to an 80, really an 80?

even with its mistakes that are few and far between, the NHL series is the best and most realistic sports game I have ever played.

Oh one other thing, that stupid glitch when your guys fans on a one timer and just kind of sits there frozen, that needs to be addressed.

Corry Perry... :sigh: :facepalm:

So yeah, I'm expecting a really good game or another typical EA move where they just put out another game for another year. Example would be NHL09 having a penalty for... hitting from behind where as NHL10 would be hitting from duh side. :roll:

Well, I don't have thread privileges :p

So here is your starting lineup for your CHEAP ASS GAMER SEX PANTHERS!!

# 2 Vulcan2422 (Vulcan7905) - Right Defenseman
# 3 Flyersfan (PsychedelicRock) - Center
# 5 Cravin_Taco_Bell (cravintacobell) - Left Defenseman
# 9 DestroVega (DestroVega) - Left Wing
#11 ChunkyB (ChunkyBasty) - Right Wing
#13 Pure Apathy (Pure Apathy) - Left Wing Dangler or Sniper
#14 SeanAmI (S3anAmI) - Right Defenseman
#15 taloncarde (Talonunt) - Right Wing
#16 Regian (Regian) - Right Defenseman
#18 cubs2321 (DarkTower80) - Right Defenseman
#19 AK85 (AK85) - Right Wing
#21 moojuice (moojuiced) - Goalie
#25 Panther1484 (ShadyMarino) - Left Wing/Goalie
#26 Mr_hockey66 (Mr hockey66) - Right Wing
#26 Wpark83 (Wpark83) - Center
#28 emg28 (emg28) - Left Wing
#37 Matt Young (X Matt Young X) - Center
#38 jello00 (Jello01) - Right Wing
#39 n8rockerasu (n8rocker82) - Center
#?? Captain OBVIOU5 (Captain OBVIOU5) - ??

Here is a lineup of former players who we HOPE will be traded back to the Sex Panthers!
#?? Azumangaman (Azumangaman) - ??
# 3 Jlin747 (Jlin747) - Right Wing
# 4 SteveMcQ (SteveMcQ) - Center
# 5 archibishopthedoge (benjabroni) - Left Defensive Defenseman
# 6 RobotChickenMk1 (RobotChickenMk1) - Center
# 7 Costa (Dr Costa) - Center
# 8 icecreamandcows (Abcevan) - Left Wing
#10 danked (Danked) - Right Wing
#12 Jek Porkins (RedSix66) - Right Wing
#17 flybrione (bigmes) - Right Wing
#17 lordwow (Wowous) - Right Defenseman
#20 II ToLmEs II (Tolmes) - Goalie
#21 PenguinoMF (PenguinoMF) - Right Wing
#22 CheapyD (CheapyD) - Center
#23 FriskyTanuki (CrashSpyro) - Left Defenseman
#24 Suraph (Suraph) - Left Wing
#25 Shahan (TMAC Attak1) - Left Wing
#27 GLOCKGLOCK (DRUNKZ 27) - Left Defenseman
#32 Tha Xecutioner (xThaXecutionerx) - Center
#33 Gillums (Gillums) - Center
#35 FrankySox (FrankySox) - Right Wing
#44 ajh2298 (ajh2298) - Left Wing
#45 cgarb84 (AceFan84) - Left Defenseman
#47 (tootsieroll69) - Left Defenseman
#51 fieldkillah (fieldkillah) - Right Defenseman
#51 Wulfshake (MediocreSellout) - Left Defenseman
#52 nny77713 (GeoGod) - Right Defenseman
#53 ammowasted (ammowasted) - Right Wing
#54 Maynard (MaynardLD50) - Right Wing
#58 neckfurters (Rikson) - Left Defenseman
#66 DJSteel (DJSteel) - Left Defenseman
#69 Kekumba (KeKeKumba) - Left Wing
#76 SVxM (SVxM) - Left Wing
#81 ruffinra (RuffStuff84) - Right Defenseman
#92 VipFREAK (vprfrk) - Right Offensive Defenseman
#93 slickkill77 (NinjaPenguin777) - Goalie
#97 Wolve11 (Wolve11) - Goalie

NHL 09 is incredible, so I can't wait for this one. It'll be day 1 for me.
I'd love to get back into team play as well and try my luck as a goalie.

Well, I didn't really anticipate doing sign ups or a roster yet since the game is still 4 months out. I just figured that's so much time, a lot of people could get exited, change their mind, get exited, and change their mind again...and we don't want anybody getting to exited. ;)

NO ONE mentioned real leagues on their wish list? I want actual, scheduled, 2K style leagues rather than the junk we've been given on NHL 09.

this really needs fixing...

when you get a penalty notice how your players can not to seem to pick up the puck when its right next to them? Whats up wit dat?

I hope they actually add hats when you score a hat trick. That would make me very happy. Also a glass shattering puck would be nice. :D

Great to hear that they are fixing the most annoying things about the game. So many times we only ended up getting in a few games because it took so long to find people with 5 or 6 to play against.

They need to fix how damn long it takes at the end of periods if one person doesn't press A. It should be about a 30 second break not 3 minutes or however long it was in EASHL.

I'm digging the new fixes for sure. It sounds like they have been listening to the community and fans, which impresses me a great deal.

I would still like fixes for poke checks and stick lifts. Those have gotten out of hand as of late. I play hockey and stick lifts happen about 2-3 times a game. I mean true stick lifts, not body position checks that involve stick/stick contact, are fine, but not while the dman is skating backward and I'm coming at him. Diving and passing have got to be addressed too. Too many people are able to dive and hop right back up. I think there should be a delay from when the person dives to when they get up. Passing has gotten way too easy too and I hate to say that because I can pass through 4 different guys and the goalie to get a one timer, no problem. Better hitting detection and less "tractor beam" checks have to be looked at as well. Sometimes I'll nail a guy even when there's no momentum. However, other times I will line up someone for a huge hit and only have them brush it off. That's not realistic.

I would like them to add a few things too. Broken sticks, the additional referees (instead of just the one) that can make contact with the puck and players, realistic boards (some give, some don't), glass breaking, more goalie animations, and how about the ability for one or more of your friends to play together without anyone else in OTP? My buddies and I want to play as a team, without anyones else, online but we can't do it because team play allows anyone and everyone to join. I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of right now. :)

I hope they put in a flying v and triple deke achievement.
Seriously, they should just fix the shitty connection issues first and foremost.

They had the E3 trailer of NHL 10 on gametrailers when I was looking at it this morning. Looks pretty good, I like the new fans, things like them banging on the glass or waving towels but that could get old quick. They also added some women in for those of you complaining about the lack of them, lol. Other than that it looks fairly standard to what I expected from so few action cuts. Lol at the facewashing though. That'll be awesome. I embed the SD version but if you want the HD version click the button it'll take you to their site to watch it.

"http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49809.html" title="E3 09: Exclusive Debut Trailer">E3 09: Exclusive Debut TrailerXBox 360 | Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii

YES! Women in the Stands! Finally! I do like the crowd reactions alot. So yeah, watching this trailer make me excited as hell for when it does come out. I also like the new Goalie animations and how if you trip you can go on your knees and still shoot the puck. Wow, looks like a huge improvement

How about those Pens? After attending the victory parade today, I'm more than ready for NHL 10. I'll definitely be picking it up on day 1 so put me down to return to the team. After watching the Pens win the Cup it will feel pretty good to fire up NHL 09 in the meantime and see the default matchup is Pens vs. Wings!

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']How about those Pens? After attending the victory parade today, I'm more than ready for NHL 10. I'll definitely be picking it up on day 1 so put me down to return to the team. After watching the Pens win the Cup it will feel pretty good to fire up NHL 09 in the meantime and see the default matchup is Pens vs. Wings![/QUOTE]

Couldn't of said it better myself. :)

Eh, Congrats. Not gonna happen next year though so enjoy it ;)

Here's a new preview thing from OperationSports.

http://www.operationsports.com/preview.php?id=75

Here's an awesome quote from that article, I think I'll love this even though I don't play the Single player part that much.

I think it’s great that there are 20,000 fans waving towels around their heads. I also like that the crowd is smart enough to boo star players on opposing teams. (Also, here’s a cool little aside about the crowds. Within the franchise mode, if an opposing player injures someone on your team, he will be booed by your crowd when he touches the puck.)

And this:
Thankfully the NHL development team has added a bunch of new goalie animations to this year’s title. I saw all types of new goalie animations, but the ones that caught my eye the most were the blocker and kick saves. These stood out because I watched the goalies make some kick saves where they redirected the puck towards the corner—the same goes for the blocker saves. Those types of saves are significant because the goalies in NHL 09 almost always covered up the puck or left a big juicy rebound in front of the net—there was very little divergence from those two scenarios.

This sounds like it's going to be so awesome. I can't wait. Tiger is keeping me busy for now, but I'll be very ready by the time it comes out.

Thanks to the product listing from Gamestop we have new info on NHL 10. Until now most of what has been relayed has been about the physicality and fighting enhancements. However this features list provides details on specific modes such as a new GM mode and Playoff mode with improvement to playoff atmosphere.
New Battle for the Cup Mode: Experience the intensity of NHL playoff hockey. Play through injuries, intimidate rivals, and match lines as storylines carry across the entire series.
Build a Stanley Cup Champion: All-new GM mode lets you scout amateurs, put players on the trading block, hire staff, and earn experience points to become a legendary GM.
Battle on the Boards: Shield the puck with your body, kick-pass it to teammates, or pin your opponent against the boards with an all-new board play engine.
All-New First-Person Fighting: Change the momentum by trading blows with an NHL enforcer. Tug an opponent’s jersey to gain an advantage—before or after the whistle.
Become the Ultimate Pro: Improve your draft status by dominating the prospects game, then use new coaching tips, improved teammate AI, and detailed position instructions as you build the ultimate career.
Capture Multiple Championships: The coveted EA SPORTS Hockey League Cup is always up for grabs as new seasons start on a monthly basis online.
New Intimidation Tactics: Fore-check defenders, pressure the puck, and finish checks to force your opponent into mistakes, as players fatigue, bobble passes, and avoid collisions under threat of physical pressure.
All-New Post-Whistle Action: The action never stops! Antagonize opposing players, finish checks, retaliate for late shots on goal, draw penalties, and pick fights—all after the referee blows the whistle!

I'm glad people will now be penalized for hitting after whistles online... it got so corny...

^interested in what that's all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back