Hastings Trade-in deal? Bonus $10 for 2 360/PS3/Wii games, bonus $20 for 3, 5/19-6/13

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
[quote name='PlayHastings Email'][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Need even more ways to get your game on? Sell us your used XB3, PS3 and Wii games… You'll get an additional $10 credit when you bring in two games and you'll get an additional $20 credit when you bring in three games.**

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]** Applies only to the game platforms mentioned above. Must meet buy back requirements. Titles and price subject to change. Valid 5/19/09 — 6/13/09.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I haven't traded anything to Hastings in a long time. The last time I tried, the values were pretty unpredictable. I don't know what the "buy back requirements" for this offer are. They do have a small list of trade in values on their $5 coupon page (may require playhastings membership (free) to view, not sure), but the last time I traded the values didn't match the list at the time at all (If they do now, then wow, some of those are great).

Anyone who tries this, please post trade-in values and requirements for this deal if you find out what they are.

I know that not everyone lives near a Hastings (store locator), but hopefully this will be good for some of you.

Nice deal. Just wish I had a few games I'm not playing that I could trade-in. Only game I traded in recently was Marvel:UA (PS3), and got $7.00 credit.

their trade in value sucks, a friend of mine took in Halo Wars CE (the metal case) and they only gave him 20bones for it, i almost pooped my pants because i would have gladly given him 20 bucks for that!

[quote name='sacreddoctor']their trade in value sucks, a friend of mine took in Halo Wars CE (the metal case) and they only gave him 20bones for it, i almost pooped my pants because i would have gladly given him 20 bucks for that![/QUOTE]

Then maybe you should have told him that to begin with. According to the GS trade thread, GS gives $25 for Halo Wars, so not that far out of line, although GS wins on that particular game.

Hastings has some incredible trade-in values on games. Just like Gamestop though, prices fluctuate by how many copies of the game they have and how quickly they can move the used copies.

A couple years ago I picked up Assassin's Creed for $37 on sale at Target and traded it in to Hastings after playing it for $42 credit. I also picked up Heavenly Sword from Amazon for $32 and traded it in for $38.

Hastings trade in value is a joke plus you have to use in store credit. If you want a good place to trade go to ENTERTAINMART!!!! They give you CASH not credit or any other crap.

Here is what I traded in this weekend there:

Heavenley Sword- $25
AC/DC Track Pack- $5
Dave Mirra Wii (paid $2 for this)- $8
Kingdom Under Fire 360- $8

There trade in on Old games though is not that great but new games it rocks and they give you cash right in your hand right there on the spot.

[quote name='buster90']Hastings trade in value is a joke plus you have to use in store credit. If you want a good place to trade go to ENTERTAINMART!!!![/QUOTE]

The next time I am in Dallas, TX, Arlington, TX, Springfield, MO, or Colorado Springs, CO, I will be sure to check them out. I've never been to any of those 4 cities, however (I may have driven through Springfield, MO once, not sure), so it probably won't be any time soon. Now we know that there (the correct use of "there", for anyone keeping track) is at least one chain that serves fewer areas than Hastings.

And I don't expect the extra $10 for 2 to make up for lower trade values, but the extra $20 for 3 might.

[quote name='DAWG26']Nice find OP!
00.gif
[/QUOTE]

I'll give these guys a try as well. I have a stack of games here that are just collecting dust, and I have no intention of playing them again.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']i have to disagree about hastings trade in values being crap. I just got 40 dollars for Fable 2 today.[/QUOTE]

Was it the regular version, and was that using the $5 bonus coupon?

I might try this, I have 3 old 360 games I can get rid of to get the extra $20. I will let you know if I do

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']i have to disagree about hastings trade in values being crap. I just got 40 dollars for Fable 2 today. (I plan to rebuy it from GS w/ edge/eternal)[/QUOTE]

considering that it 39.99 NEW MSRP that crazy that they give 40 for it used.

That is insane they gave you $40.00 credit for Fable II. I actually traded in a lot of DVDS and stuff and bought Fable II used for $35.99 a week ago.

[quote name='DAWG26']I tried to do this deal today and the clerk didnt know about it. Anyone have success on this?[/QUOTE]

At my Hastings, the cashier had no clue about the deal. I then had to point to the 20 foot by 20 foot banner hanging right above her letting her know about the deal. I just did the deal today and at mine (Moscow, ID) it is still active.

bread's done
Back