The Last Guardian

This is the only game why I bought my PS3. I am really excited about this year's sony e3 reveleations.

Kinda reminds me of The Neverending Story for some reason. Probably the scene of the boy riding the Bird-Rat underwater.

Please put this as a rumor right now.

Now then...that looks fucking incredible. Like...the best looking thing I have ever seen.

This does look freakin' amazing (I especially love the rat-dog-eagle-whatever hybrid), but what excites me is that this video is supposed to be a year old, so I can only imagine what "Project Trico" might look like now (or when it's possibly--hopefully--revealed at E3)...

That boy looks beyond awkward in that setting; with the orange skin, blue hair, and anime complexion. The kid in Ico should've been used here.

Nice find. Was this a leaked trailer for E3?

This may sound strange, but it looks too......happy...

Meh. I don't have a PS3 yet anyway, and this is only the first trailer. We'll see where this goes.

Wow -- talk about a quick formation of an emotional attachment to that dragon kitty. I even started to get upset when I noticed it had arrows in it's hind around 3:30 of the video.

Great music and wonderful environments like SotC make me anxious for more details. I was always a fan of the Colossi, just never killing them. Now we get one as a pet!

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']That boy looks beyond awkward in that setting; with the orange skin, blue hair, and anime complexion. The kid in Ico should've been used here.

Nice find. Was this a leaked trailer for E3?[/QUOTE]
No. If it's year old footage like 1up is suggesting, then there would probably be a more polished-looking trailer that could show up at E3.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Awesome, a giant cat.[/QUOTE]
It's a gryphon.

psls-trico-62688.jpg

psls-trico-61995.jpg

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/05/19/project-trico-screenshots/

[quote name='jkanownik']I never played Ico or SotC [/QUOTE]:shock::shock:Excuse me?!?!??!?!?! They're different but I would highly suggest picking these up cheap (maybe next gamestop ps2 coupon)

basically looks like all the elements of Ico + SotC (except a colossi is ur pet) + Big Rat Cat Griffon Thing.

That's not bad at all though. The griffon does scare me a bit though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a gryphon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. But obviously, the cat element is by far the most pronounced. The wings are vestigial at most, and it's really doesn't have a bird head; just a beak (and even it doesn't really look too "bird-like," if you ask me), and a few feathers on the neck. Aside from that, the eyes, the ears, hell, even whiskers. All cat-like. Which is why I like it. :3

[quote name='Flak']This kinda makes me want to ditch my 360 for a PS3. I would miss maybe a few games.[/QUOTE]

Can't have both?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']basically looks like all the elements of Ico + SotC (except a colossi is ur pet) + Big Rat Cat Griffon Thing.[/quote]
Environmentally, sure. But that's just because Team Ico's art style is, for better or worse, pretty one-note. As for gameplay, though, we really don't have anything to go on, so I wouldn't comment too much on that yet...

I think gameplay can be talked about since this seems like a video covering the direction they want their entire game to play like. Even if it's a shitty looking port of their older games, it'd still be great.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I think gameplay can be talked about since this seems like a video covering the direction they want their entire game to play like.[/QUOTE]

If you say so...I just don't see how it's ever fair to base gameplay assessments on 100% scripted teasers...

I love Vidcons.

And yeah, I think it's mostly a cat with features of a bat and a rat and a couple other things.
It's movements are cat-like, especially the way it was sitting on that pedestal.

Aww, I'm going to be playing this game with my cat.

In before any lolcat jokes. I'm really hoping this is real, because this would also be a day 1 for me. I've seen some really good fakes though, so I won't get my hopes up too high.

I guess we'll find out at E3.

[quote name='KingBroly']Can someone set this trailer to the music of the opening of the original Iron Chef show?[/QUOTE]

You mean Backdraft? ;)

[quote name='el_cheezer']I'm really hoping this is real, because this would also be a day 1 for me. I've seen some really good fakes though, so I won't get my hopes up too high.[/QUOTE]
Of course it's not fake, dude. Jesus.

I like it.

The gryphon and the environments look amazing. The armor of the one soldier was really nicely done as well. Not too crazy about the boy and the coloring of the gryphon's beak and wings but I'm sure that will be balanced out much better in the final project.

God damn I wish we would get this game this year.

[quote name='dallow']Yes, but it's not really a gryphon and rather, 'inspired by' one.[/QUOTE]

It looks like a baby/kitten griffin to me... What are you seeing?

It has aspects of many animals.

Foremost, it's a Colossus, a baby one at that.

Seems to me this one will bring the story full circle. Wander starts the whole mess in SOTC, ICO deals with the curse, and now Trico looks to reunite them.

[quote name='NamPaehc']It looks like a baby/kitten griffin to me... What are you seeing?[/QUOTE]A mix of many things, like Vanigan said.
I mean, just look at the tail. Skinny, hairless, and the texture like that of a rat.

I think it's pretty obvious that the creature isn't technically a griffon. Or a cat. Or a bird. Or a rat. It's some kind of fantasy creature Ueda and team have cooked up and I don't think it's clear that anybody knows just what it is just yet.

Irregardless of what it may turn out to be in the end I think if we all hereby agree to use the common terminology of 'griffon' to describe it any further discussions will proceed a lot smoother.

Lot of people here will hate me for this but it could be awesome if you kill that cat creature in the end of the game. That'll be art. Spend the entire game getting attached to this creature and you have to kill it.

[quote name='laaj']Lot of people here will hate me for this but it could be awesome if you kill that cat creature in the end of the game. That'll be art. Spend the entire game getting attached to this creature and you have to kill it.[/QUOTE]

That's so deep, dude.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']I'd be surprised if the griffon didn't die at the end.[/QUOTE]

Granted, Japanese plot twists and thematic conventions can be pretty damn predictable, sometimes. We'll see.

Then again, I'd like to call attention to the true ending of Ico. They don't always have to end with cheap "heart-break" moments.

bread's done
Back