Buzz! Quiz TV Bundle PS3 - $19.95 at Wal-Mart - Not YMMV

Rictor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
This was reported in the YMMV Wal-Mart thread, but I have yet to see anyone in any state not find it at this price, so it seems to have been marked down at all Wal-Marts. Found the last copy at a Wal-Mart here in Indianapolis, marked $59.95 but rang up $19.95.

Figured since it's not YMMV, it deserved its own thread. This is the Buzz! Quiz TV Bundle with the 4 controllers in the big box, usually at the bottom of the display case or not in the case on a shelf with the Guitar Hero and DDR bundles.

Thanks for the heads up! I wanted to pick this game up because a good friend of mine has it. For $20, I can't pass it up at all.

Nice to find that it dropped in price finally somewhere. It'll be worth picking up, especially for the lots of DLC they have for it.

:bomb:the last time i checked at walmart it was both listed, and rang up as 59.99. we eventually paid that price for it at a BB, cause we could not find it anywhere in the area for cheaper. all the local sears had none, and 59.99 everywhere:bomb:

Thanks OP. Guess I'll actually make a trip to Wally World at this point. Between this item & the YMMV situation with the Playstation Network cards I'm finally motivated to get off my butt ;-)

Are the controllers any different for the PS3 compared to the PS2 version bundles?

[quote name='ZCG']
Are the controllers any different for the PS3 compared to the PS2 version bundles?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're wireless and take 2 AA batteries apiece.

:bomb:

I know this is a rather lame question, but this game seems extremely popular.... What is the reason for that? Seems like if it were just a quiz game, even 4 people wouldn't make it that fun.

They must've thrown in something cool. Someone try to sell me on this!

the game is very fun with a group of people. at $20 its a no brainer if you have peopel to play with. IMO its a no brainer at $40.

[quote name='Esoteria']I know this is a rather lame question, but this game seems extremely popular.... What is the reason for that? Seems like if it were just a quiz game, even 4 people wouldn't make it that fun.

They must've thrown in something cool. Someone try to sell me on this![/QUOTE]

It's a fun party game. Don't get it if it's just you playing, as you'll tire of it pretty quickly.

Great game, I already have it but I'm considering picking it up AGAIN for the 4 extra controllers. I'm pretty sure you can play with up to 8 people local multi

[quote name='me_schnitzel']Great game, I already have it but I'm considering picking it up AGAIN for the 4 extra controllers. I'm pretty sure you can play with up to 8 people local multi[/QUOTE]

Yes, great game when people are over, for all ages. 8 players is especially fun.

Ignoring downloadable content, does the base-game differ at all from the PS2 versions? Are the built-in questions a subset of previous questions? Do they even overlap at all?

I think the YMMV will come in when you actually try to find this in stock. Using the stock search tool, I can't find a single store in most of Southern California that actually has any left. Maybe stock levels are better elsewhere.

dang, just bought this used from secondspin for $42 shipped because I've been unable to find other deals on it.. a week later and there's an awesome deal.. go figure.. might go get another :)

[quote name='bojay1997']I think the YMMV will come in when you actually try to find this in stock. Using the stock search tool, I can't find a single store in most of Southern California that actually has any left. Maybe stock levels are better elsewhere.[/QUOTE]Same here. I found one entry when I searched by my zip code which was 20 miles from me, though it said it was Out Of Stock. :whistle2:s

not sure I believe that site, it basically just said 0 stores in Virginia carry the game and I know I saw it when I was checking to see if PSN cards were clearanced at my local store

the stock search tool seems funky anyway, i put in my zip code and it only picks up 3 stores in my area, when there are no less than 7 or 8 closer than the ones listed

would you guys recommend this over Scene-It: Box office smash? I've been wanting to get a trivia game and don't want to have both... I have too many controllers already as it is

Thanks OP. I've been hoping to find a price drop on this. $20, tons of DLC + trophies... I'm in. Now just to try and find a copy...

I love all Buzz games and I use the PS2 Buzz controllers as well to get up to 8 players. I got in on it for $39 when Target had the buy-2-get-1 PS3 games. I would like four more wireless controllers as well.

The website said none of the stores in my area carry the game and so far they're right. Checked the closest Wally World and there weren't any copies. Although they did have copies of the PS2 version and Scene-It to rub it in my face.

I've got a copy, but I definitely need to pick up another copy, it's the ONLY way to get extra controllers. 8 player multi, nice. Keep in mind, the pie throwing portion of the quiz doesn't happen if you have 5+ players playing.

I was thinking of just buying the PS2 version and just using those corded buzz controllers, but why bother. Now just need to scout some Wal-Mart in my area, they'd better have it... And stock up on AA batteries, 2 per controller, lame.

As stated previously, don't trust the store inventory. When I checked out my zip code I couldn't find any, but when I went to a Walmart on the way home they had one in the case marked at $19.99.

This game also lets you gain another Platinum Trophy, worth the price if you have others to play with and online sofa vs. sofa

Thanks to the person who mentioned Sears having this too. There's a Sears down the street from where I work. It was tagged $59.99 and rang up $19.99

My g/f was thrilled I picked this up as she has been wanting Scene It for a long time. I'm sure this will be a great alternative.

[quote name='btf032']Ugh I just bought this at Gamestop last week for $60. Ughhh[/QUOTE]

If it's unopened you can return it still.

None of my Wal-Marts had any in stock. Took a drive over to Sears and found one for $19.97 and also found 2 copies of DBZ Burst Limit for PS3 mis-priced for $10, got 1 for me and 1 for a CAG friend.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Is this any fun with just 2 players? I need a game the g/f and I can play together.[/QUOTE]

yup its a good game for the gf.. my gf likes to play it all the time..

[quote name='LegolasFett']If it's unopened you can return it still.

None of my Wal-Marts had any in stock. Took a drive over to Sears and found one for $19.97 and also found 2 copies of DBZ Burst Limit for PS3 mis-priced for $10, got 1 for me and 1 for a CAG friend.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it's opened. I'm pretty sure that the receipt is gone too so even if I wanted to go to Walmart and buy that one and return that to Gamestop, I would be unable to do so. Oh well, ya win some and ya lose some.

bread's done
Back