Xbox360 Fable2/Halo3 Bundle $339

I think this might be a repost, but thanks for pointing this out anyway. Nice to see lower prices right in time of me needing to buy a new one for college!

[quote name='help1']I think this might be a repost, but thanks for pointing this out anyway. Nice to see lower prices right in time of me needing to buy a new one for college![/QUOTE]

whoopsy.. sorry if it is, i checked the first 4 pages (didnt search) but i didnt see anything. If it is, mods feel free to remove

I have an Elite that I bought when it came out, a copy of Halo 3 from when it came out, and I just bought Fable 2 before the announcement of this bundle.

I feel incredibly bitter about this.... :wall:

Seems good things do come to those who wait.

My Uncle wants a Wii, does anyone know if there's a 15% code for Wii systems?

EDIT: The code in the OP also works for Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilboo']Arcades come with HDMI, right? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

All units have HDMI inputs, yes, but they don't come with HDMI cables.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']anyone know if those new bundles are the new chipset?[/QUOTE]

In trying to look up this very question I came across one place that said they're going to stop making Elites altogether and this is their way of getting rid of the existing ones. Dunno how creditable it was. ::shrug::

I'd like to know as well.. I wouldn't mind the bigger HD and Halo 3 but I'd rather get a cheaper Pro anyway.

The bundles are repackaged holiday bundles so no you get a good deal on an xbox but dont not get the jasper chipset. This is from what Ive seen.

[quote name='oasisboy']3 year warranty, enough said.[/QUOTE]

So in other words they're still garbage, I want a bigger HD but I'm not buying anything until I can get a RELIABLE system. Thankfully my 360 is still working, but it could be from all the use my PS3 is getting with KillZone2 and now Infamous.

Just had this delivered from Dell today (ordered it via EPP which had 15% off and an extra 7% off which covered tax for me in MA... total was 332.00 delivered incl. Tax). It is a Falcon I think, but the funny thing is it's really just an old boxed elite which they opened, crammed in the Fable2/Halo3 DVD Case (1 case, 2 dvds), and then resealed and put a sticker covering the entire front of the box. (The original round clear sticker sealing the box had been cut and another one had been put over it, originally I thought maybe it was a return, but it's apparent that MS probably just crammed the Game in there and resealed it). MFR Date eis July 2008.

Hmm...I think I'm going the route of grabbing an Arcade system and one of the 120gb HDs separately...Wonder what Dell's June deal will be, and if the Arcade unit will be a part of the deal?

As others stated these are Falcon Punch systems for now. Looks like MS is really focused on dumping their old inventory. Personally I had a falcon rrod on me so I would try to get a jasper even with rrod warranty.

[quote name='kayatai']Just had this delivered from Dell today (ordered it via EPP which had 15% off and an extra 7% off which covered tax for me in MA... total was 332.00 delivered incl. Tax). It is a Falcon I think, but the funny thing is it's really just an old boxed elite which they opened, crammed in the Fable2/Halo3 DVD Case (1 case, 2 dvds), and then resealed and put a sticker covering the entire front of the box. (The original round clear sticker sealing the box had been cut and another one had been put over it, originally I thought maybe it was a return, but it's apparent that MS probably just crammed the Game in there and resealed it). MFR Date eis July 2008.[/QUOTE]

How'd you get the extra 7%?

[quote name='Skoad']The coupon doesn't work on the EPP site, he bought it last week when there was an automatic 15% off. Kinda like this 160GB Uncharted PS3 Bundle, it has an automatic 20% off, when you go to your cart you'll see the extra 7% off bringing it down to $371.99 before tax:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...ail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=eep&cs=6099&sku=A2328439[/QUOTE]

Yep, sorry I didn't mention that part, I went to add the coupon but the discount was already there so I didn't think about it. Dell Home, Small Business and EPP usually have similar deals so I always check all 3 just to see if I can't squeeze that last penny out. Oddly enough EPP has a pretty good track record of being the best deal (small sample size).

[quote name='HotShotX']So if these Bundles are the Falcon chipsets, are the ones in stores also Falcons, or are they Jaspers?

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

I heard that all the black elites are Falcons so far and no Jaspers, the only Japser Elites I heard about were the red RE5 package. The nice part is that if you are in the store you can just check before you buy.

I recall a lot of CAGs going crazy on us posters that said the RE5 elite bundle was a steal and going to be limited.

Look who has an Elite Jasper...

my coworker chatted w/ a sales rep before ordering and she stated that all their inventory is the latest chipset. order came and it was definitely not a jasper :(

called dell back and they offered him $20 to keep the order
declined. then they offered him $40

so if ur looking for a jasper, call or chat w/ a rep and ask the ?s so you can cover urself in case it isnt

I don't know a single thing about jaspers or non jaspers. That all seems like nonsense jibberish to me.

Here's my situation.

I am fairly certain I want an Xbox 360. I was considering the Pro 60GB on Amazon because I prefer shopping with them. However, for like $60 more I could get the fableII/halo3 package which seems like a much better deal. I live near Austin, TX so I know Dell will ship this extremely fast. My Dell PC arrived in two days.

Can anyone mention a few of the downsides of the Fable II/Halo3 package? I don't want to be buying shit hardware that they've already updated in other boxes.

I'm not sure how to explain this without getting into Jasper jibberish.

I think there's been three generations of XBOX 360 hardware: Zephyr, Falcon, and now Jasper. Perhaps you've heard that XBOX's have a rather high failure rate, the old "red ring of death". Well even though it's too soon to tell, the newest Jaspers should sport components that are less likely to crap out. They also come with 256mb onboard memory. That's why everyone would prefer to get a Jasper, and apparently the Halo/Fable Elite bundle systems are NOT Jaspers. You should be caught up now.

I've owned a Zephyr from launch that lasted just over 3 years and died recently. Since it was out of warranty, I decided to just find a deal on a Arcade bundle Jasper, which I eventually got. Like I said, it's still too soon to tell if it's less likely to die, but I can say thing is crazy quiet compared to my old Zephyr, like night and day.

Since I'm looking for a bundle for a gift, I'm STILL wondering what the likelihood is of a Pro bundle being a Jasper, which is why I'm here in this thread.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I don't know a single thing about jaspers or non jaspers. That all seems like nonsense jibberish to me.

Here's my situation.

I am fairly certain I want an Xbox 360. I was considering the Pro 60GB on Amazon because I prefer shopping with them. However, for like $60 more I could get the fableII/halo3 package which seems like a much better deal. I live near Austin, TX so I know Dell will ship this extremely fast. My Dell PC arrived in two days.

Can anyone mention a few of the downsides of the Fable II/Halo3 package? I don't want to be buying shit hardware that they've already updated in other boxes.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it. Just get the Elite bundle.

[quote name='deouble9s']And the Pro bundles, are they Jaspers?[/QUOTE]

I ordered a Pro from Dell back in March, and it was a Jasper. It might have just been the luck of the draw though.

[quote name='deouble9s']I'm not sure how to explain this without getting into Jasper jibberish.

I think there's been three generations of XBOX 360 hardware: Zephyr, Falcon, and now Jasper. Perhaps you've heard that XBOX's have a rather high failure rate, the old "red ring of death". Well even though it's too soon to tell, the newest Jaspers should sport components that are less likely to crap out. They also come with 256mb onboard memory. That's why everyone would prefer to get a Jasper, and apparently the Halo/Fable Elite bundle systems are NOT Jaspers. You should be caught up now.

[/QUOTE]

There's actually 5 revisions. Xenon (only non-hdmi), Zephyr, Falcon, Jasper, and there is also Opus (falcon chipset w/o HDMI). Opus is only found in refurbs sent back from MS.

bread's done
Back