ALIVE!!! WaveBird Clone (Shockwave) $8.99 shipped! wireless + rumble Wii & Gamecube

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)

ALIVE AGAIN!

Update 9/18 white version now available for $8.99 shipped:
http://www.buy.com/prod/wii-gamecube-2-4ghz-shockwave-wireless-controller-white/q/loc/108/211532777.html

Buy.com marketplace ships free from GamezForLess

I have no idea about the quality (Amazon reviews are very positive, where it sells for $24.99):
211144692.jpg

Ad copy:
Sad that the Wavebird Wireless controller is a part of ancient history? Well rejoice with the new Shock-Wave Wii & Gamecube Wireless Controller! This Wii controller is modeled after the Nintendo Wavebird & supports all Gamecube games as well as Wii Games. So if you're into Smash Bros or just want to get a grip on a physical controller for the Wii then the 2.4GHz Shock-Wave is for you! This controller features 2.4 GHz technology for ultimate range, not to mention a rumble feature. The ergonomic design, and pressure sensitive trigger buttons only make it that much sweeter.

Features

• Wireless controller and receiver combo
  • Extremely high quality wireless controller for Gamecube - will not break or lose connectivity.
  • Fully compatible with Nintendo Wii
  • Operation frequency: 2.44 GHZ. Batteries yield up to 100 hours of gameplay
  • Controller features shock vibration along with the standard analog & trigger buttons
  • Tight joystick for superior control
  • Works with 4 player compatible games: supports four channels at the same time
Manufacturer: PHANTIQ
Format:
Wii
Mfg Part#:
PQ-W-1194UPC: 00892044001194
Buy.com Sku: 211144692
Item#:
G276R6

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note: The controller is being shipped by GamezForLess and not Buy.com.

I've been looking for some more GC controllers. This one has positive reviews and for $10, I'll take a shot. Thanks OP!

[quote name='adawg555']Just a note: The controller is being shipped by GamezForLess and not Buy.com.

I've been looking for some more GC controllers. This one has positive reviews and for $10, I'll take a shot. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Yes, I need to add that to OP.

I am in for one myself, we'll see how it stacks up. I could probably resell it for this anyway.

Images from WaveBird comparison pics:

416781b0c8a01b4e90059110.L.jpg

The above pic has me excited, looks like a better (slightly-wider) grip angle and less mid-frame bulk that the original WaveBird. :bouncy:

More below:

57a081b0c8a00b4e90059110.L.jpg

d45b81b0c8a01b4e90059110.L.jpg

Those pics show the original Phantiq badge, who buy.com lists as the manufacturer of the Kuma model.

Has anybody not gotten an order confirmation?
I payed with PayPal about 45 mins ago and have gotten no sort of confirmation as of yet.

[quote name='adawg555']Has anybody not gotten an order confirmation?
I payed with PayPal about 45 mins ago and have gotten no sort of confirmation as of yet.[/QUOTE]

No, and I ordered about the same time also. Maybe it is up to the marketplace seller to send those? IDK, this is my first buy.com market place order. (The last one I tried was over a year ago, for a bunch of cheap blu-rays and it got canceled).

Not a bad deal, but after the Smash Brawl fever died down, wavebirds have become fairly easy to find at gamestop. Yes, they're used, but at least they're first party quality.

[quote name='dragonjud']Not a bad deal, but after the Smash Brawl fever died down, wavebirds have become fairly easy to find at gamestop. Yes, they're used, but at least they're first party quality.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but from what I understand these seem to be just as high quality as Wavebirds. Also Wavebirds don't support rumble. If the Sixaxis has taught me anything it's that I really miss rumble when it's not there.

I didn't even get past four posts when I just diverted and ordered 2. The second one may be a gift or it may be a keeper. Thx OP!!!

Finally received confirmation.

[quote name='Nohbdy']That D-Pad is atrocious.[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about the 360 D-Pad on the one on the shockwave?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Finally received confirmation.

Are you talking about the 360 D-Pad on the one on the shockwave?[/QUOTE]

I still haven't gotten mine. The transaction hasn't even showed up on PayPal yet.

[quote name='thrasher086']It is coming up 19.99 in my cart but says 9.99 on the website?[/QUOTE]
Same here. I was in for $10, but I'm out at $20.

[quote name='thrasher086']It is coming up 19.99 in my cart but says 9.99 on the website?[/QUOTE]

Confirmed, It's doing the same for me now.

This maybe dead.

Price mistake maybe?
Sales went of this item went up 11,000%, LOL.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Images from WaveBird comparison pics:

416781b0c8a01b4e90059110.L.jpg

The above pic has me excited, looks like a better (slightly-wider) grip angle and less mid-frame bulk that the original WaveBird. :bouncy:

More below:

57a081b0c8a00b4e90059110.L.jpg

d45b81b0c8a01b4e90059110.L.jpg

Those pics show the original Phantiq badge, who buy.com lists as the manufacturer of the Kuma model.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm... No actual shipping confirmation yet. Wonder if it'll get canceled or something, So do you think multiples of those receivers will work with the Wii? Seems like the offset style would casue issues.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Hmmm... No actual shipping confirmation yet. Wonder if it'll get canceled or something, So do you think multiples of those receivers will work with the Wii? Seems like the offset style would casue issues.[/QUOTE]

That's a good question. I see the offset in the third pic. Just guessing but, I imagine only 2 per console since the receiver has that asymmetrical offset. We'll see.

I would get one if it weren't for the fact the joystick cut outs are different. I don't know about you but this can greatly change the way Smash is played (me being quite competitive at a tournament level). Notice how if you press down on the analog it doesn't "lock" in place? It just slides around side to side.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I would get one if it weren't for the fact the joystick cut outs are different. I don't know about you but this can greatly change the way Smash is played (me being quite competitive at a tournament level). Notice how if you press down on the analog it doesn't "lock" in place? It just slides around side to side.[/QUOTE]
Holy crap I didn't notice that!

Oh well if I can get used to and prefer square gate arcade sticks I'll make this work.

[quote name='judgedee']you can find these on ebay.. really really cheap[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find any "$9.99 shipped" cheap. Cheapest I saw was $15.99 w/o shipping.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']my dog chewed up my wavebird sticks when she was a puppy. This makes me happy. thanks op.[/QUOTE]

Dude! Same thing happened to me. Those things must be delicious for dogs.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I would get one if it weren't for the fact the joystick cut outs are different. I don't know about you but this can greatly change the way Smash is played (me being quite competitive at a tournament level). Notice how if you press down on the analog it doesn't "lock" in place? It just slides around side to side.[/QUOTE]

Skilled players don't use the c-stick in Smash so I'm not to worried about it.

[quote name='PvtChurch']Skilled players don't use the c-stick in Smash so I'm not to worried about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but skilled players do use the analog stick to move. Unless of course you're completely new to the game and stand still. Especially for a game like smash, you really want the analog to lock in place since you're moving the directions fast. So yea skilled players will be thrown off by this. Especially tournament level ones.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Yeah but skilled players do use the analog stick to move. Unless of course you're completely new to the game and stand still. Especially for a game like smash, you really want the analog to lock in place since you're moving the directions fast. So yea skilled players will be thrown off by this. Especially tournament level ones.[/QUOTE]

O yea, didn't notice the other stick is the same way. Still don't think it's a big deal. I can't recall a good game of Melee or Brawl in which I've never been in constant motion or standing still so I can't really see the stick not locking into place being a huge deal. Hell I'm not even fond of the first party controller's stick if you wanna bring that up since I'd much prefer a normal circle like that of a Dual Shock or a 360 controller. Two controllers I may add that I've never had issues with slipping sticks despite the fact that they always push against a curved surface.

thanks for the deal. about to order 2 of them probably. my 2 GC controllers have analog problems. they are wired too. wouldn't mind getting a wireless one for 10 bucks.

I have one of these from before they were rebranded. This thing takes 3 triple A batteries which is a bitch if you use rechargeable.. i dunno maybe its just my charger but I can only charge in pairs. Also, this thing fucking eats batteries. Enjoy!

The frame around the analog stick looks... awful. Instead of coming to (logical) points at 90 and 45 degree angles, it comes to points at much less useful angles.

If this is due to some patent that Nintendo holds, they should have gone with a simple circular frame rather than an octagon.

bread's done
Back