Consolidated Ghostbusters preorder & in-store deals

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
boxes.gif

IGN review 8.0/10

Wal-Mart:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Walmart / Sam's Club and get this in game gold [/FONT]Lancer[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] proton pack. The gold proton pack shows the world you can hunt ghosts in
style.
[/FONT]Preorder from Walmart

BestBuy:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Best Buy and you can choose to play as either [/FONT]Bill Murray's older brother the[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Mayor or the [/FONT]Smoker Zombie[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Ghoul. It was only a matter of time before the ghostbusters made the paranormal part of the team. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Best Buy[/FONT]

noname.gif

GameStop [DEADish]:

• In-Store 30% used game trade in bonus towards this title.
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from GameStop and get an exclusive Ghostbusters T-Shirt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] In game alternate suit (color). Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $10 Movie cash[/FONT]
[quote name='rodieremix']also counts toward their movie promo where you get free $10 movie cash.[/QUOTE]
Preorder from GameStop now

Game Crazy Ghostbusters preorder deal:
Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us.
The Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man.
Pre-order Ghostbusters and receive a free Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Figure. Offer good while supplies last.
pre_ghostbusters.jpg

Also, eligible for $30 with the trade in of select games towards Ghostbusters:
Thanks Seventh_sage
Details:

[quote name='seventh_sage']I received an e-mail from Game Crazy saying that not only do you get the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Figure for pre-ordering but if you trade in any of the following games you get $30 credit (as long as you trade them in towards the purchase of the Ghostbusters game):

• Animal crossing: city folk
  • bionic commando
  • cod:waw (ps3, 360)
  • chronicles of riddick: dark athena
  • fallout 3, fear 2: project orgin,
  • fuel the godfather 2
  • halo wars
  • infamous
  • killzone 2
  • left 4 dead
  • little big planet
  • mad world
  • mario kart (wii)
  • mk vs dc
  • prototype
  • punch-out
  • re5
  • street fighter 4
  • super smash bros brawl
[/QUOTE]

Target:
Preorder is eligible for the $5 giftcard deal.

Toys R' Us:
$20 Gift Card with in-store purchase

Amazon:
Has the ridiculous exclusive "Slimer Edition" bundle.
$129.99
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Included in the Slimer Edition:
[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] An exclusive 10" Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ghostbusters Minimates. Only available with the Slimer Edition. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Console Skins. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ecto 1 Key Chain with lights and sound.[/FONT]

minimates.jpg

4105fj8eooL._SS350_.jpg

slimerfigure.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP, I like your corn avatar. It looks delicious.

Also, that proton pack looks awesome, these pre-orders need a ghost trap though... :cry:

I wish I was 6 again.

[quote name='Neotribal']OP, I like your corn avatar. It looks delicious.

Also, that proton pack looks awesome, these pre-orders need a ghost trap though... :cry:

I wish I was 6 again.[/QUOTE]

Bigger pic of the proton pack:
0074272527910_AV_500X500.jpg

Ill get the wii pre-order from amazon and the 360 from gamestop I think. This thread should be updated with prices because amazon has the wii version for $40 when I last checked.

I wish there was more information about how the different versions play. I might have to get the DS version. Its funny for the price of the lame (and this is coming from a huge ghostbusters fan) expensive version from amazon you can almost get 3 versions of the game for different consoles.

[quote name='distgfx']These in-game bonuses are killing me.[/QUOTE]

I don't like this business either. However, I am more than likely pre-ordering from Best Buy because of gift cards.

Golden Lancers for everyone please.

[quote name='tekalien88']I think Game Crazy is giving away some kind of Stay Puft plush or figure or something for pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

You are correct.

Pre-order Ghostbusters and receive a free Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Figure. Offer good while supplies last.

pre_ghostbusters.jpg

[quote name='rodieremix']Just a heads up, if you buy it at GameStop it also counts toward their movie promo where you get free $10 movie cash.[/QUOTE]

Really? Nice. Updating OP.

Edit:
Thanks Cheapy, those links were cut & pasted from an Atari alert email (I assume bluehornet is doing that for them).

Last edited by a moderator:
Im curious on how the in game bonuses work. They could be a DLC code, something that is already on the game disc, or possibly just a generic code that anyone could use.

[quote name='nateeasy29']Im curious on how the in game bonuses work. They could be a DLC code, something that is already on the game disc, or possibly just a generic code that anyone could use.[/QUOTE]

Most are codes or tokens for DLC.

[quote name='sagecooker']Thanks for the info. GamsStop it is for me![/QUOTE]

As much as I am loathe to admit it: They do have the best deal overall.

I really want to buy it at BBy but there are just a lot of goodies with the GS one. I wonder if they will guarantee me an unopened copy.

No free t-shirts are ever my size so gamestop can go suck the big one. I wasn't planning on preordering or even buying new but I'm tempted to go with BB since I do have $15 in reward certificates that I don't see myself using before they expire.

I haven't preordered a game in years, how late can you preorder usually?

I'll probably pre-order at Gamestop to get the Ghostbuster II outfit and $10 movie cash. Could do without the shirt since they never fit.

As much as I'd like the Stay Puft figure they don't mention the size, which is a deal breaker for me. I'd rather look around and see if I can find a larger one down the road.

Thanks for consolidating these offers OP. I'm getting really sick of all the in-game crap with these games.

Say what you want about Circuit City, but they at least offered $10 gift cards when you purchased new releases. Pre-ordering games at most places don't give you any tangible value.

You know, I took a good long look at that Stay Puft figure and came to two conclusions:

A) It IS plastic, but it's a kind of "hollow" plastic. The cheap thin kind.

or

B) It's not plastic, but an inflatable.

I think it's more than likely A, but that seam line through the middle of his head (and over his cap), gives me these impressions.

Well, regardless, unless I see high-res pictures of that "figure", I'm not going to be pre-ordering Ghostbusters. Despite that, I am very much looking forward to the game. It is very high up on my aniticipated games list.

So does anyone know how the BestBuy and Walmart preorders work? No bonus items are mentioned on the websites and when I went to BB yesterday and asked about the preorder bonuses, they didn't know what I was talking about.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think GS is the obvious choice here.[/QUOTE]

That depends. I got a strange look when I asked about the movie cash. Also, if get there and my game has been opened and gutted, I'll be pissed.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']That depends. I got a strange look when I asked about the movie cash. Also, if get there and my game has been opened and gutted, I'll be pissed.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, don't really see how a strange looks means much. Just tell them to look on their own website or in their system. The promo will be there. And a pre-order game should not be opened.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Hmmm, don't really see how a strange looks means much. Just tell them to look on their own website or in their system. The promo will be there. And a pre-order game should not be opened.[/QUOTE]
The cashier didn't know what I was talking about, which made me balk on ordering that day.
I should have said I got only a blank stare and a shrug when I asked about the movie cash.

[quote name='dualedge2']You know, I took a good long look at that Stay Puft figure and came to two conclusions:

A) It IS plastic, but it's a kind of "hollow" plastic. The cheap thin kind.

or

B) It's not plastic, but an inflatable.

I think it's more than likely A, but that seam line through the middle of his head (and over his cap), gives me these impressions.

Well, regardless, unless I see high-res pictures of that "figure", I'm not going to be pre-ordering Ghostbusters. Despite that, I am very much looking forward to the game. It is very high up on my aniticipated games list.[/QUOTE]

It looks just like the one released with the Toys for the cartoon. In which case, it's hollow, flexible rubber.

I'd just be happy if they would scrap all pre-order bonuses and offer these extras as DLC so choosing where I buy a game isn't a serious debate.

I was caving for the slimer edition until I saw the stupid ass "amazon.com" banner on the cover of the game... way to ruin a sweet package...

After doing some research, it looks like all the codes come packaged with the game at the various establishments. So I don't know if it's necessary to preorder any of the games (except for maybe game crazy with the stay puft man and gamestop for the t-shirt.)

Anybody have any experience with packed-in codes and how they do it? Any one think this is going to be like burnout paradise and the codes are just going to be generic like "gamestop" and "bestbuy" and so on?

Most codes come on a little card or something they hand you at the pickup, not packaged in-game...

Of note, the PC version at Ghostbusters at GameStop and BestBuy are $30 which is about $10 less than all the other places. I'm not sure if the in-game bonuses are available on the PC version... at least the guys at gamestop said that the t-shirt comes with the PC version.

[quote name='Ecto311']Gamestop also has a poster up showing the game getting you 30% more on your trade in games.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone else verify the trade in bonus?

Yeah it's up on Gamestops website. Also I traded RE 5 towards Ghostbusters and got $35 for it with the extra 30% and edge card.

bread's done
Back