Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Link to GoGamer Madness landing page

10px_spacer.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']lair and jericho seems like nice deals

Sadly nothing for t he ds[/QUOTE]

i know, i was looking forward to some ds titles for this sale, oh well, nothing this time :*(

some great deals there gonna try lotro for 5 cant go wrong there

hey and i ordered arma from you guys a while back used paypal and i was told it was on backorder been about a month never received anything on it

Might have to finally bite on Shivering Isles...it's been a while since I've picked up Oblivion, and I think three years has washed away the bitter taste. Maaaaaybe Jade Empire too.

[quote name='anch']gogamer sell games in PAL instead of NTSC right?[/QUOTE]
Not always just look at the title to see if it says (I) next to it. At quick glance it looks like Lair and Hour of Victory are the only imports but I might have missed some. There are some really good deals but I'm really trying to cut back.
How's Two Worlds, I've been thinking about picking it up for a while but haven't yet, is it worth 4.90.

[quote name='anch']gogamer sell games in PAL instead of NTSC right?[/QUOTE]

No, we sell games that work on U.S. systems, whether they be NTSC or Region-Free. If a game doesn't work on a U.S. system we don't sell it.

Jason

man I'm so close to buying a few titles, but then I look at my pile of unfinished games... sorry Jason great deals though.

Also a word of advice I tend to bite more on a deal when shipping is free. Not sure if all customers are like this but I'm more likely to buy a game for $5, and free shipping than one for $1, and $3 shipping. The added cost of shipping is like a renegotiation of a deal to which my brain says "hey they just offered this for $1, and now it cost $4 at checkout... this isn't as good of deal as I thought".

[quote name='claudespeed']whats up with the "i" next to lair ? is it the international version?[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering the same as you. Search 'Lair' on their site and look at the results. The interesting part is under the 'Lair (I)' info where it says "Packaging: Retail Box". Anyone else confused?

EDIT: Looking at LittleBigPlanet (I) on their site, it states "Little Big is a PAL Region Free Edition and works on any PS3"

Is HAWX a good game? Is this a good price or should I wait?
Also I hear that having a joystick is the best way to play? Recommendations?

Got Lost Planet: Colonies at that price. Since it's never coming to Steam, I might as well get the retail version.

Just a heads up the shivering isles link is incorrect, here is the corrected link,

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=10879412&categoryId=65172

Looks like a gogamer error

Picked up Lair for $10 (one of the cheapest prices I've seen for a game that was patched after the initial reviews)
Elder Scrolls and Shivering Isles expansion-$13 (not sure if I'll like this or not had it for the PS3 and could get into it, maybe playing it on the PC will make a difference)
Prey $1 (had this for 360, never played it and eventually traded it for crackdown, for a $1 if you are placing an order a no brainer)

Good sale gogamer, now if shipping was just free:)

I never understood the notion of a 'Memorial Day sale". How do we honor and remember those killed in service by purchasing games?

Good price on Sacred 2, though...

Too bad the new Red Faction isn't in there. I really want to jump on it ASAP but I would like to spend less than $50.

[quote name='jrhawk42']man I'm so close to buying a few titles, but then I look at my pile of unfinished games... sorry Jason great deals though.

Also a word of advice I tend to bite more on a deal when shipping is free. Not sure if all customers are like this but I'm more likely to buy a game for $5, and free shipping than one for $1, and $3 shipping. The added cost of shipping is like a renegotiation of a deal to which my brain says "hey they just offered this for $1, and now it cost $4 at checkout... this isn't as good of deal as I thought".[/QUOTE]

can we stop with the free shipping garbage?

and even this failed shipping logic as quoted above....

even with shipping most of these deals are still awesome deals. and since they have tons of $1, $2, $3 and not AMAZON... they can't make a profit on free shipping.

as always, gogamer makes me place another order... damn them for having too good of deals every 48 hour sale.

[quote name='xycury']can we stop with the free shipping garbage?

and even this failed shipping logic as quoted above....

even with shipping most of these deals are still awesome deals. and since they have tons of $1, $2, $3 and not AMAZON... they can't make a profit on free shipping.

as always, gogamer makes me place another order... damn them for having too good of deals every 48 hour sale.[/QUOTE]
This.

Is there any word between which version of Sacred 2 is better? I know both seem to have bugs, but other than that stability/# of bugs?

I guess I'm kinda assuming the PS3 version is better since its more expensive (here at least). But then again that might have nothing to do with the prices.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Is there any word between which version of Sacred 2 is better? I know both seem to have bugs, but other than that stability/# of bugs?

I guess I'm kinda assuming the PS3 version is better since its more expensive (here at least). But then again that might have nothing to do with the prices.[/QUOTE]

I thought I heard that the PS3 version, since came later had better bug fixes and the menu system improved for consoles.

do some research though... can't guarentee hearsay.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Very tempted to get lost planet colonies edition at that price.[/QUOTE]

GET IT

Seriously, awesome price, I paid $3 more for it on the last sale. You won't find it at another price like this.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Quake Wars and Unreal Tournament III can be activated on Steam?

[quote name='Brak']Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Quake Wars and Unreal Tournament III can be activated on Steam?[/QUOTE]

UTIII can according to their retail key page

[quote name='mestrocker']some great deals there gonna try lotro for 5 cant go wrong there

hey and i ordered arma from you guys a while back used paypal and i was told it was on backorder been about a month never received anything on it[/QUOTE]

If you're thinking of trying LOTRO

http://www.lotro.com/trial/

Right now you can grab the game for $9.99 +30 days game time.

Also although the game card they're offering might seem like a great deal (2 months for $25), you can currently subscribe to LOTRO for $10 a month for 3 months (or $30 for 3 months). This makes the subscription rate much better deal then the game card.

A lot of other great deals to choose from there though. I might grab Shivering Isles and Call of Juarez :bouncy:.

Some great deals to be had here! Might pick up BiA: Hell's Highway, Prey (for a $1???), Call of Juarez and Sam & Max Season 1. Gogamer.com, you're killing me! Stop with the great deals (i'm kidding, keep em coming!)!

[quote name='dubbfoolio']is Lair worth my time with the normal controls?[/QUOTE]

No. Awful game. Avoid at all costs. It controls like a drunken donkey still.

I'm interested in HAWX, but I can see that game settling in that price range soon -- its odd for UBI to not have reduced the price to that level by now. Maybe they've recognized that we are waiting?

[quote name='NickelNine']I'm wondering the same as you. Search 'Lair' on their site and look at the results. The interesting part is under the 'Lair (I)' info where it says "Packaging: Retail Box". Anyone else confused?

EDIT: Looking at LittleBigPlanet (I) on their site, it states "Little Big is a PAL Region Free Edition and works on any PS3"[/QUOTE]

All PS3 games are Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is region free.

I've been kicking myself for not getting Sam & Max Season 1 on Steam last weekend (when it was $15), and now here it is again for less than $10. A great weight has been lifted from my cheap-ass shoulders.

But regarding Elder Scrolls IV: I know that I'm late to the party on this one, but I've never played anything from this series. Is it as mind-meltingly good as people say? And also, is it as massive a time commitment as people say?

[quote name='mokmoof']I've been kicking myself for not getting Sam & Max Season 1 on Steam last weekend (when it was $15), and now here it is again for less than $10. A great weight has been lifted from my cheap-ass shoulders.

But regarding Elder Scrolls IV: I know that I'm late to the party on this one, but I've never played anything from this series. Is it as mind-meltingly good as people say? And also, is it as massive a time commitment as people say?[/QUOTE]

I played the 360 version. Mind-meltingly good? Yes. Time consuming, very well could be if you get side-tracked, and who doesn't get side-tracked in a good RPG. The expansion is like a 5-6 hour play, but that's a dollar an hour, and if the base game hooks ya it's a no-brainer pick up.

Thanks for the advice, mrosnwo. I just might take it.

I will not, however, be getting Sam & Max--because I just found out that the retail disc uses Securom, and that owning it wouldn't allow me to dodge that bullet by downloading the games from Telltale (as I could if I bought a DVD directly from them). Even at 6 bucks, that's a rip-off.

So I'm right back to wishing I'd gotten the games on Steam. Oh well.

bread's done
Back