Someone signed for my ps3 when ups delivered it

s2k

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I wasent home and the ups guy gave my ps3 to someone who signed MY NAME. I called amazon and complained and they called ups and they said they talked to the ups guy who said he gave the package to some one who lives in my apt building to give to me. I never gave them permission to do this and why did htey sign my name for my package when it was not me. Amazon said they are going to an investigation. Who should I bitch at ups for giving my 80gb metal gear ps3 to someone other than me right. Its a smaller apt building and im freinds with no one here so thats why im worried. I knocked on all the doors and everysaid they did not recieve the package. This was delivered on friday should i wait till monday to call the cops and file a report for somone comming identity theft, mail fraud and stealing?

Thanks for the suggestion guys

I also put up a note on the front door right now that says whoever got my package to return it to my apt.

The name on the package says my name and the correct address and apt number so there was no reason this should have happened.

UPS can leave a package with a neighbor if you're not home. All you have to do is go knock on your neighbor's door and pick it up. They get the neighbor's signature as a sign that the neighbor agreed to hold on the package and hand it over to you as soon as you came by to pick it up.

But as to why your neighbor signed your name... that's very odd. Maybe your neighbor got confused and thought that he had to sign your name...?

[quote name='Vinny']UPS can leave a package with a neighbor if you're not home. All you have to do is go knock on your neighbor's door and pick it up. They get the neighbor's signature as a sign that the neighbor agreed to hold on the package and hand it over to you as soon as you came by to pick it up.

But as to why your neighbor signed your name... that's very odd. Maybe your neighbor got confused and thought that he had to sign your name...?[/QUOTE]
My local UPS guy won't leave a package with a neighbor unless I let them know that it's alright. It doesn't seem right to me that they could just do it at will.

[quote name='YodaEXE']My local UPS guy won't leave a package with a neighbor unless I let them know that it's alright. It doesn't seem right to me that they could just do it at will.[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure but it's not that you have to give them permission to do it but I think that they will do it unless you ask them not to.

I found this on their website... so it is normal to leave packages with neighbors.
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/sri/sta05.html?srch_pos=3&srch_phr=left+with+neighbor

I don't think the local police will do anything - I think you're on the right track working with Amazon and UPS (Mostly Amazon since you're their customer, and they are UPSs customer). I've recently had packages delivered to a neighbor, but UPS leaves a notice on my door and a record of who they delivered to. Several years ago I worked in collections for a company that shipped UPS and there were SO many times we would contact someone for payment who claimed not to have received their package, I'd check UPS records, and the signer was "Dr. Door" or "Mr. Garage" or something else the driver thought would be a funny was of saying he dropped it of with no real signature - UPS is the best, but they still have a lot of room to improve.

I don't think you'll have any problem resolving this, but it may take a while (I'd probably give it a couple of weeks before I started shouting). Best of luck.

I would be more than a little irritated from this, but hopefully it will eventually become resolved.

Jesus...I didnt know it was that easy to steal a PS3. I remember when I ordered my PS3 from Dell I begged UPS to just leave it at my door, but they wouldnt do it...

That is shady to say the least. The fact that they signed your name is forgivable but given the situation they thought they could pull a fast one. If Amazon or UPS won't give you solid help by today then I would be involving the police on Tuesday because its not just a game, its a nice PS3. The person who signed for it hasn't brought it to you or obviously tried to find you so that definitely signals something isn't right.

Good luck man. I hate hearing stories like this. It makes me sick to my stomach especially since I do so much ordering of big items from Amazon.

Depending on the type of shipping through UPS, you guys realize most of the time they don't even need a signature right?

This is a UPS problem, not an Amazon problem also. Hopefully Amazon can help you out, but you really need to be talking to UPS about it.

You should go to your local UPS warehouse and see if it's possible to talk to the driver to see which apt he gave the package to. Usually a UPS driver is assigned to a specific region to deliver packages. I have had the same UPS driver deliver me packages for two years now.

UPS is not allowed to leave the package with anyone unless they have written approveal from you, or at a doorstop unless previously set up, other wise they are supposed to leave an attempt at delivery form and return the package to the hub. if the signature is not yours, submit a DENIAL OF SIGNATURE form from UPS to say it was accepted but is not your signature and explain your story. UPS is at fault here by not following the procedures correctly.

if they cannot prove delivery to you or proof of YOUR signature, they file a claim against teh amount of purchase and use it as credit for a new order. I used to work as a liason between UPS and Gateway Computers inteh Lost/Damaged/Miships area and this is how we had to do it in these kinds of situations.

what is calling cops going to do .. Everyone said they did not get it so where if your proof that someone in say Apt a did it. Cops will not do a thing cause there is no proof of who did it.

got to wonder if AMazon send you out another system if they will ever allow you to order from them again without some major proof when they send the packages to you

Hell the UPS worker could of just signed your name and kept the system

[quote name='TheInfiniteAmmo']I'd call the cops--it's essentially theft. The cops might be able to talk to the complex's landlord and issue a search of the premises.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they'll search the premises, but at least you'll get a police report out of it, which is usually a good thing.

I don't like UPS's policy of leaving things with a neighbor. What if you don't like the neighbor? I think they should require your permission to do so, not do it automatically if you are not home.

I hope things work out for you man

[quote name='RenoTurk11']I don't like UPS's policy of leaving things with a neighbor. What if you don't like the neighbor? I think they should require your permission to do so, not do it automatically if you are not home.

I hope things work out for you man[/QUOTE]

think that is bad right before xmas UPS left on my front doorstep

xbox system what was 200+
and a 1500 buck PC

1700 worth of crap they just left on the front step...

[quote name='s2k']I wasent home and the ups guy gave my ps3 to someone who signed MY NAME. I called amazon and complained and they called ups and they said they talked to the ups guy who said he gave the package to some one who lives in my apt building to give to me. I never gave them permission to do this and why did htey sign my name for my package when it was not me. Amazon said they are going to an investigation. Who should I bitch at ups for giving my 80gb metal gear ps3 to someone other than me right. Its a smaller apt building and im freinds with no one here so thats why im worried. I knocked on all the doors and everysaid they did not recieve the package. This was delivered on friday should i wait till monday to call the cops and file a report for somone comming identity theft, mail fraud and stealing?

Thanks for the suggestion guys

[/QUOTE]

First suggestion. Go to school for typing and gramar (done on purpse. Listen to 21 Guns by Green Day. Good song)

Second suggestion. Raise some SERIOUS hell. Do you have any proof that you weren't there? An ATM receipt (thank you Duke Lacrosse)? A receipt from a purchase that could prove you couldn't possibly be there? Hell, just remember where you were. Have you heard of the guy who was cleared of Murder because he just happened to be at a Dodgers game when Curb was filming? True story. Let me find you the link. Here it is: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1814312

Try to find something in your life that could prove you weren't there. Then register for University of Phoenix :D Then go listen to 21 guns by Green Day. I like that song. Then when that song is over go rent Curb. It's great.

[quote name='schuerm26']First suggestion. Go to school for typing and gramar (done on purpse. Listen to 21 Guns by Green Day. Good song)[/QUOTE]
Grammer Nazi.
anywho, hope you get your system.

As far as the thing about whether or not signature is required or not I believe its up to Amazon to say to use it or not. All my games and things under 200 don't need a signature and are left at my door but when I got my PS3 last month they required a signature and I missed it twice but finally got there.

So essentially Amazon said that the purchase was worth enough to require a signature but UPS decided it was alright to leave it with a neighbor, in an apartment complex none the less. How can they expect that to be safe?

[quote name='decrot']Grammer Nazi.
anywho, hope you get your system.[/QUOTE]

Im far from a Grammer (Grammar!! (Obviously) No grammar for you!!!) Nazi. Unless you were referring to Kelsey Grammer, then I say post away!!!!! I AM a Grammer Nazi, if you are referring to liking Frasier.

I just like to be able to read a paragraph and offer support.

Edit for grammer adjustment (meaning I just watched an episode of Frasier).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='schuerm26']Im far from a Grammer (Grammar!! (Obviously) No grammar for you!!!) Nazi. Unless you were referring to Kelsey Grammer, then I say post away!!!!! I AM a Grammer Nazi, if you are referring to liking Frasier.

I just like to be able to read a paragraph and offer support.

Edit for grammer adjustment (meaning I just watched an episode of Frasier).[/QUOTE]
Telling someone about their deficiencies is hardly offering support. BTW you aren't so perfect with your grammar yourself.

Also, you watch way too much TV and Green Day sucks.

I offer you the best of wishes in getting the system back. All it will take is patience and a firm hand with both Amazon and UPS.

@schuerm26: If you are going to correct someone's grammar then please ensure you hit the space bar twice after each period. This will ensure you are typing at a college level as well.

Amazon is shipping me another mgs4 80gb ps3 and they are sending it with overnight shipping. I'm going to ask the ups guy who he gave the 1st one to because i will not let them get a ps3 for free even if I'm getting another one. What should I do when i find out because I will find out who took it because the ups guy wont want to go down for this should I call the cops on them or what?

dispute the charge w/ your credit card company - you bought something and never received it. simple as that - not your fault the UPS guy screwed up.

Yes, when UPS tell you who took it call the cops. Tell them UPS told you so and so signed your name and took your package but is not giving it you or admitting to signing your name and taking it.

Your local UPS center should be able to find out who the driver was on your route that day and talk to them about it. They should be able to remember what Apt. # they dropped off the package to.

bread's done
Back