Fox Blu-ray 2-packs $19.99-$25.99 @ Amazon

Sgt Barone

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know Wal-Mart's return policy for sealed stuff?

I bought the Passion there for $24.xx on March 26th. Hopefully it's a 60 day return policy...

EDIT: Just looked it up and it's 90 days. Definitely returning it up to pick up the double pack. Thanks OP!

[quote name='blk00civicsi']You should thank BR.com for the info but link to Amazon through CAG. I'd rather support CheapyD.[/QUOTE]
i'm sorry, i don't know how to do that.

Just wanted to say that this deal is also going on a Best Buy. I saw several of these same 2 packs for about $24.99. I saw the Donnie Darko/Silence, Transporter/Transporter 2, and From Hell/28 Days Later sets just to name a few, and they had a display of them in the center aisle. I may go back for the Darko/Silence set. That's an awesome deal and two movies that I would actually like to have on blu-ray.

'Donnie Darko' / 'The Silence of the Lambs' - 25.99

That's the only one that sticks out to me, and even that seems a little high. Is it me, or is there always some Amazon blu-ray sale going on?

[quote name='Sgt Barone']i'm sorry, i don't know how to do that.[/QUOTE]The "?tag=bluray00-20" at the end of the URL sends referral money to BluRay.com, not to CAG. This is why copying and pasting URL's without looking at the URL's first can be an issue.

I've fixed the problem with all of the URL's, so we shouldn't have this issue again in the future.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Transporter & Transporter 2 would be a good choice if you need to buy a gift for someone...that you hate.[/QUOTE]

:)

Definitely thinking about Donnie Darko / Silence of the Lambs. The only problem is that they don't seem to be the kinds of movies that would really benefit from being transferred to Blu-ray.

anyone know how these look? are they 2 separate regular BR releases just shrink wrapped together or what?

thinking about the daredevil/F4, donnie/silence and the transporter pack

Just a heads up: the Predator blu-ray looks like garbage. I bought it at Costco for $12 awhile ago and turned around and got rid of it after seeing the PQ. But maybe I've been spoiled by the Blade Runner's of the world. The Donnie Darko and Transporter packs are tempting.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']Just a heads up: the Predator blu-ray looks like garbage. I bought it at Costco for $12 awhile ago and turned around and got rid of it after seeing the PQ. But maybe I've been spoiled by the Blade Runner's of the world. The Donnie Darko and Transporter packs are tempting.[/QUOTE]

you will not find a better version, it is simply all that remains of the film. it was shot with pretty mediocre hardware and without some excessive DNR a cleaner cut simply doesnt exist

i would be all over the predator/commando set if i had not already bought them from tower.com at like 10-12$ each.

just got back from best buy and picked up the daredevil/F4 set for 24.99$ (had a sticker price of 26.99 and rings up less.

also got I, Robot & Boondock Saints for 12.99 each (BR). also from a CAG thread. thanks CAGS!

[quote name='postulio']anyone know how these look? are they 2 separate regular BR releases just shrink wrapped together or what?

thinking about the daredevil/F4, donnie/silence and the transporter pack[/QUOTE]

Yes, they're the regular blu-ray releases shrink wrapped together.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']These two-packs are rather aggressively priced at an MSRP of $34.98 each, which makes them very good value for money[/QUOTE]

I'm glad they aren't $34.98 because that would be a terrible deal lol.

Not that many people will see things my way but I was hoping for some newer movies considering all the ones in these 2-packs have already been on TV in HD, are $4.99 on DVD and/or have been out for quite a while.

I'm pretty surprised at how high the price of Blu's has stayed considering the economy. I wonder if we'll ever see the same prices we did in late 07/early 08.

[quote name='vx2']Damnit why couldn't they just package 28 Days and 28 Weeks together?[/QUOTE]

I saw another pack in the display at Best Buy that had 28 Weeks Later and something else (sorry, forget what it was). My assumption is that they're pairing a movie that they know will sell with one they're not as sure about. 28 Days and 28 Weeks are ones that they know people are interested in; From Hell and whatever the other one was, not as much.

[quote name='arcane93']I saw another pack in the display at Best Buy that had 28 Weeks Later and something else (sorry, forget what it was). My assumption is that they're pairing a movie that they know will sell with one they're not as sure about. 28 Days and 28 Weeks are ones that they know people are interested in; From Hell and whatever the other one was, not as much.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. It probably would be an instant buy for me if it was a 28 Days/28Weeks combo.

Some of the bundles changed a couple dollars up or down. I just ordered the Donnie Darko/Silence of the Lambs 2 pack for $22.99, down $3 from the OP.

bread's done
Back