* * * * * 1 votes

Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

#2551 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23369 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:15 AM

If Goozex is going down, doesn't that also mean that VGFive is probably going down? 

#2552 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4792 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:50 AM

If Goozex is going down, doesn't that also mean that VGFive is probably going down? 

Yep.

I wouldn't trade on either site until Goozex gets put back online. 

#2553 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1543 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

Yep.

I wouldn't trade on either site until Goozex gets put back online. 

I would not send BUT, I would (and have) spend down all my vg credits. 

#2554 wampyrii   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

wampyrii

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

If Goozex goes then unfortunately we have to assume VGFive goes with it since Goozex owns them...and since their domain name is up for renewal later this month the demise of VGFive might be quite soon unfortunately.

#2555 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4960 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

I figured they would be back up this week since many businesses were closed during the past two holiday weeks. Since VGFive might be going too, I requested three games to bring my points down to 50. If you guys have points there, check it out because there are quite a lot of games left.

Would be a shame if Goozex really is gone. Their exchange program has been terrific for me as I was getting stuff every month (I was set to win Metal Gear Rising next). I also was ready to place feedback for another game I received last week. 

#2556 murg75   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

I and many other former Goozers/VG5ers are taking the Leap to LEAPTRADE. It is a great time to sign up since they are giving a $5 BONUS just for signing up, another $5 BONUS for sending out your 1st trade and an additional $5 BONUS for each referral.

Please use my referral link here:

http://www.leaptrade...referrer:murg75

Just got this Awesome message from LEAPTRADE:

We’ve all heard about the trouble that Goozex is having. While we don’t know what happened to them, we know that it's been rough on you guys, and we want to do something to help. You’re a gamer, we're gamers, you love to trade games, we love to trade games. That makes you family. As a gesture from us to welcome you guys to the Leaptrade community, we are going to give you your next 4 trade-in’s for only 40 cents shipping each. Think of it like pouring a 40oz on the street of gaming for our fallen comrades.

We understand you may be a little gun shy. We get that, and we will stick around, listen, and help make Leaptrade feel like home.

So, how do you get in on all this cheap shipping? Step 1, if you got this message on Leaptrade, you’re done, we already set you up for the 40 cent shipping. For everyone else, just send Leaptrade a message, or email us at help@leaptrade.com, show us your Goozex or VGFive cred and we’ll take care of the rest.

Make sure to spread the word and tell your friends, anyone we missed or didn’t message yet. That is, unless they're loaded and have a gold plated Nintendo in a display case, then they've got money to burn. The Leaptrade Team

#2557 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4792 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

Yeah I decided to give Leaptrade a shot because of the promotion. The website looks a lot more cleaner than goozex in my opinion. 

#2558 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16088 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

I and many other former Goozers/VG5ers are taking the Leap to LEAPTRADE. It is a great time to sign up since they are giving a $5 BONUS just for signing up, another $5 BONUS for sending out your 1st trade and an additional $5 BONUS for each referral.

Please use my referral link here:

http://www.leaptrade...referrer:murg75

Just got this Awesome message from LEAPTRADE:

We’ve all heard about the trouble that Goozex is having. While we don’t know what happened to them, we know that it's been rough on you guys, and we want to do something to help. You’re a gamer, we're gamers, you love to trade games, we love to trade games. That makes you family. As a gesture from us to welcome you guys to the Leaptrade community, we are going to give you your next 4 trade-in’s for only 40 cents shipping each. Think of it like pouring a 40oz on the street of gaming for our fallen comrades.

We understand you may be a little gun shy. We get that, and we will stick around, listen, and help make Leaptrade feel like home.

So, how do you get in on all this cheap shipping? Step 1, if you got this message on Leaptrade, you’re done, we already set you up for the 40 cent shipping. For everyone else, just send Leaptrade a message, or email us at help@leaptrade.com, show us your Goozex or VGFive cred and we’ll take care of the rest.

Make sure to spread the word and tell your friends, anyone we missed or didn’t message yet. That is, unless they're loaded and have a gold plated Nintendo in a display case, then they've got money to burn. The Leaptrade Team

May give them a try but after being burned with goozex for year now.. im  a bit hesitant.

Does it work the same way? Seems like they handle the postage??

And is goozez officially dead? Guessing we are screwed out of points and in progress trades?

#2559 murg75   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

May give them a try but after being burned with goozex for year now.. im  a bit hesitant.

Does it work the same way? Seems like they handle the postage??

And is goozez officially dead? Guessing we are screwed out of points and in progress trades?

You should definitely at least sign up so you can check out how the site works. The basic trade system is Queue based like Goozex was but they also have a 2nd Instant Trade option where you can browse other traders collections and negotiate offers directly. It is like an Old School Queue Trading Site with a Modern Twist and you only pay for shipping because there are no token fees. The site takes a little getting used to since the look and feel may be different than what you are accustomed to but it is well designed and grows on you the more you use it. In the past few days there have been probably 50 new users signing up, myself included, and many of us have been high volume Gooz/VG5 traders in the past so LeapTrade looks to be on the rise and shows a lot of potential. They also do provide the shipping labels and your first 4 will only be 40 cents each since you trade on Gooz and qualify for the Promo. The management of the site has been very welcoming and are open to new suggestions. Of course any trading site is only as good as the people who trade there which is why I hope you take the LEAP and sign up. Please use my referral if you decide to go for it.  If I see you on there I will be sure to send you a friend request since they also have a great PM system in place.

#2560 thadwhit   Cheap Shit Master CAGiversary!   202 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

thadwhit

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

I signed up at LeapTrade.  Here's my referral link:

http://www.leaptrade...er:sw0mp_d0nk3y

They're giving goozers $5 and $.40 trades.  Pretty good deal, and it looks like a ton of ex-goozex traders are heading over there.  Give it a go.

#2561 devyanks90   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

devyanks90

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:17 AM

goozex is dead (see below), vgfive is in limbo (tainted still owns the actually domain name as he used it way before there was game trading there, but he isn't sure what happens next)

anyways,

Bay said that Goozex was going to close on December 31st, 2013 in a SEC filing made November 16th, 2012.

See http://www.otcmarket...ilingID=8961452, Notes To Financial Statements, #6 Subsequent Events 2/3rds down the page.

"On November 15, 2012, the Company was acquired by Bay Acquisition Corp (“Bay”). Bay’s common stock trades on over the counter under the symbol “SLGI”. As a result of this transaction, the Company believes that Bay can provide sufficient liquidity to fund the company’s operation through December 31, 2013."

#2562 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10846 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

Might have to give Leap Trade a try

#2563 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6245 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:36 AM

Just realized Goozex is officially dumped like a dead hooker.  Signed up to LeapTrade with 2 caveats:

1. No DS games yet? I know they're adding it as part of the retro systems, but it's more relevant than original xbox.

2. I don't see any way to see what's being requested other than by starting the request process myself.

#2564 Veridis_Quo   VAIR-RID-DIS CAGiversary!   2425 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:21 AM

Leaptrade looks promising so I signed up. I especially like their direct friend-to-friend trades feature. If anyone is thinking about signing up and wants to help me out here's my referral link:

http://www.leaptrade...rer:Veridis_Quo

#2565 Shimrra   Alone on Vita island CAGiversary!   2841 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

I am so glad I got out awhile ago, all I had left was 1 token and 100 points.

#2566 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

I am so glad I got out awhile ago, all I had left was 1 token and 100 points.

had  10k points  and like 3 tokens. 

sucks  knowing  i could of got a few more games  (mk for the vita and  rolling for the 3ds)  but  i  made tons of cash off the site.   They really never knew how to run the site.    few months back i got a    WM package  

WWE: WrestleMania - The Complete Anthology, 

was what i got  i think for  2000 pts but it was missing one of the disc.  I contacted the seller and we worked it out that i would get 200 pts back  to buy the missing disc.  Goozex said it did not work like that and instead they refunded me  my 2000 pts  and the  sellers points and told me to keep the package.     and got a lot more  better crap over the years.

sad that  VG is also dead but on the   + side on that side

Joined leap  and already sent out 2 games  i doubt i send out anymore until i get stuff in return. i should have around 70 in credit  enough to buy   2  games 

#2567 arsenal_fan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   760 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

arsenal_fan

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Had 1800 points and 3 tokens.

#2568 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:31 PM

had  10k points  and like 3 tokens. 

sucks  knowing  i could of got a few more games  (mk for the vita and  rolling for the 3ds)  but  i  made tons of cash off the site.   They really never knew how to run the site.    few months back i got a    WM package  

WWE: WrestleMania - The Complete Anthology, 

was what i got  i think for  2000 pts but it was missing one of the disc.  I contacted the seller and we worked it out that i would get 200 pts back  to buy the missing disc.  Goozex said it did not work like that and instead they refunded me  my 2000 pts  and the  sellers points and told me to keep the package.     and got a lot more  better crap over the years.

sad that  VG is also dead but on the   + side on that side

Joined leap  and already sent out 2 games  i doubt i send out anymore until i get stuff in return. i should have around 70 in credit  enough to buy   2  games 

Wait, what? I hope the seller got to keep the points for that Wrestlemania Anthology. I'm probably not understanding your story right, but it sounds like you got to keep the item and your points and the seller got nothing. Which sucks.

#2569 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23369 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

Leaptrade seems interesting but I don't see the appeal. Half of it works like Goozex (trade games for credits) and the other half is basically like GTZ. 

I don't really like GTZ but it's the only site I've used that's actually stuck around without any major hiccups. 

#2570 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

Wait, what? I hope the seller got to keep the points for that Wrestlemania Anthology. I'm probably not understanding your story right, but it sounds like you got to keep the item and your points and the seller got nothing. Which sucks.

not sure if the seller got the points ( i think they did ) but not 100% sure 

#2571 sgand  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Ditched them the first time JP fucked me over. I hope he gets hit by a bus.

gallery_118327_8339_17588.jpeg

#2572 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4792 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Lol

#2573 wolfpack   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

wolfpack

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

Signed up for LeapTrade tonight, here my referral link if someone wants to help me out.

http://www.leaptrade...er:DarkWolf0079

#2574 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4960 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

This was posted at VGFive:

It's back! Well, almost. I just checked goozex.com and got this

SYSTEM UPDATE, SERVER TOO BUSY, OR UNEXPECTED ERROR

We are doing an important system update or the server is too busy in this moment, and this may cause downtime for a few minutes. We apologize for any inconvenience, and invite you to try again in a short while.

Otherwise, you made an incorrect request to the server. Please use pages links to navigate the site.

If the problem persists, please contact the Goozex administrators at comment@goozex.com.

Thank you, The Goozex Team.

Then I tried again and got the full site! But when I tried to log in I got the above error message again. Ok it seems that the front page kind of works but if you try to access anything the error message comes up. Is Goozex lurching back to life?

#2575 Shimrra   Alone on Vita island CAGiversary!   2841 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

I'm going to hold off on using any of those sites for a while. 

#2576 Condor80   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4474 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

Wow, I just realized goozex is dead. I tried accessing the site to check to see if I got a certain game there but couldn't get it to load. At least I only had 1250 points and a couple of tokens left.

#2577 sgand  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

Thank you Bay for ruining a great thing we had going several years ago. I wish nothing but legal and financial problems in your future.

#2578 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4960 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

And VGFive is down. Guess Leaptrade is the way to go?

#2579 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19265 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

At this point I'm pretty skeptical to immediately jump into another site.  99 Gamers seems like it's been doing OK for a while now but I'm not sure who to go with.  I lost about 2500 points and 3 tokens at Goozex but considering how much I got over the years and how little it cost me to get those 2500 points I consider my Goozex losses to be quite minimal.  I feel like I got screwed more at VGFive since I sent out a few games right at the beginning and ended up getting 2 less games than what I sent out.

#2580 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

got to wonder if the  runner of  VG will be true to their word and say our points are safe (Doubt it)  

sad to see both sites close.

had  around 11k on goozex   missed out on 2 games at the end

had   3200 points on  VG    missed out on 1 game 

o well both sites i got more then i sent or broke even  (i know  vg  was  22 in  20 out)