Mom and Pop - Houston , TX

Nope not here in Houston .. I really miss 7-11s back in Vegas they didnt care much about street date just sold them to you as soon them got them .. on the same topic why is there no SLUPREES here in Houston?! nothing quenches a thirst like em .. but if you do find out let us know! ^_^

Houston is pretty much one big, lame, strip-mall. All the fun stuff, like 7-11's is in North Texas (Dallas), and even Austin.

I could go on, and on, about why Houston is the way it is, but that would mean total threadjack. heh

Houston has Games Plus, which has maybe 5 locations in the Greater Houston area. Theres Play N'trade but thats small scale national at this point.

Every GameStop knockoff in Houston is no better than GameStop. Prices are usually the same, just with a smaller selection. Of course, the few that still carry older gen games make sure they charge insane prices for them.

Well I have been to Games Plus the one on 249 and it is true that they are a little cheaper than gamestop but the customer service is wayyyyyy better. These guys really care about people and treat you with a little respect oh and they pay alot more than Gamestop does. Gamestop offered me $25 for UFC and they offered $35 cash! HUMMMM! I stick with this Mom and Pop...

I really do suggest Games Plus if you're looking for a friendly atmosphere with classic games. I've been pretty regular about coming to the one on spring cypress and 249, and they're really friendly and always seem to remember me when I come back.

Ditto on the Games Plus props. The one on Bay Area Blvd. has a decent selection of older gen games (even saw some boxed Atari 2600 games there) and movies on the cheap.

They also have deals in store such as buy 4 get 1 free and a free used game 9.99 or less when you buy a system.

Probably won't help you on getting games early though...

Damn, I didn't know about any game stores in Houston except Gamestop (and Game Crazy, I guess). I'm going to have to check out Games Plus, and maybe Play N Trade. Are there any others I should know about?

[quote name='_heretic']Damn, I didn't know about any game stores in Houston except Gamestop (and Game Crazy, I guess). I'm going to have to check out Games Plus, and maybe Play N Trade. Are there any others I should know about?[/QUOTE]

There is a place called Game Time on El Dorado off of 45 - lots of NES generation and later games there, but it's kind of disorganized and there aren't price tags on anything. I've talked to the guy that runs the place and he told me it's just him, so no doubt there's a ton of stuff he doesn't have placed out on the floor yet, but if you dig around and look behind the counter you might find something. He's got lots and lots of old systems (SNES and N64s) - I bought a Saturn off him for $40.

There's a place in Alvin called DND that has some cool stuff - but their best stuff isn't for sale (ROB, Virtual Boy, Colecovision) for some reason. I did pick up a complete Strider for Genesis for $4.

Of course pawn shops are also good places to find some deals or rare items for cheap if the owners don't realize what they are selling.

Props to GamesPlus they're a lot more organized than most Gamestops and almost ALL of their used games are with the original box art. If you can ask they can price match prices with online prices. Most of their stores have a great selection of older gen games.

[quote name='EnronLackey']Nope not here in Houston .. I really miss 7-11s back in Vegas they didnt care much about street date just sold them to you as soon them got them .. on the same topic why is there no SLUPREES here in Houston?! nothing quenches a thirst like em .. but if you do find out let us know! ^_^[/QUOTE]

Almost all 7-11s were bought out in Houston by Stop n' Go(s) about 20 years ago. Since then, sluprees have been a thing of the past in Houston.

bread's done
Back