inFAMOUS Stunts

woodcan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
So, since some of the stunts in inFAMOUS are a pain to pull off and there is not an in-game list of all of the individual stunts I pulled together info from a number of web-sites I found by googling and supplied the links at the bottom.

I figure we can discuss tactics for each stunt and I can update this post with Spoiler tags for the different tactics or something.

Great Summary of Stunts and Estimated Difficulty Rating from the following site
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/05/26/infamous-the-stunts-list/
Solutions added by us.

Easy: :drool:

• Crush - Kill an enemy by crushing them with an object.
    Shockwave a car to land on an enemy
  • Sticky Bomb - Kill an enemy by fixing a sticky shock grenade to them.
    Keep in mind that the sticky grenades fall short of your aiming reticle. You'll know it's stuck to them because they'll run away with it stuck to their body
  • Highfall - Kill an enemy by making them fall from a high place, usually over a ledge.
    Just shoot an enemy standing near the ledge of the roof of a building so that they fall off. This should come naturally throughout the campaign
  • Enviro Take Down - Kill an enemy with environmental explosion.
    Simply, blow up a car next to an enemy with your regular electric shot
  • Melee Finisher - Kill an enemy with the last hit of 5 hit melee combo.
    I believe this is just the process of continually meleeing an enemy
Tricky: :whistle2:#

• Air Strike - Kill an enemy with the Lightning Bolt move while Cole is in the air.
    Try hitting an enemy on the ground while you are on a roof and before you do the final blast jump off the roof and shoot him on your way down.
  • Blast & Bolt - Kill an airborne enemy with the standard Lightning Bolt weapon.
    If you don't have the Shockwave upgrade that causes enemies to float then weaken them with a few regular shots then Shockwave them and hit them in the air with your regular shot
  • Flying Head Shot - Aim carefully, and take out an airborne enemy with a headshot.
    Similar to Blast & Bolt just use shockwave to launch enemy into the air and spray them with your regular shot OR you could shockwave them and use Precision (sniper ability) to get the headshot since it slows time a little.
  • Flying Melee - Kill an airborne enemy with a melee attack.
    This should come naturally during the regular melee combo one of your hits knocks the enemy into the air and the next hit of the combo satisfies this stunt
  • Unquenchable Thirst - Transfer to 4 different power grinds without touching the ground.
    Once you unlock the power line/railroad grind the easiest way I found to do this was on the railroad tracks. I found it easiest to transfer to the next track on the curves by jumping and holding left stick towards the next rail. This is best done before you get the trains running to avoid getting run over.
  • Premature Detonation - Kill an enemy by making a bomb-equipped kamikaze enemy explode near them.
    This one took me several tries for some reason. Either Shockwave one of the bomber guys (they run at you with flames on their hands) towards the other Reavers or try hitting one of the bomber guys with your regular electric shooter to explode near a Reaver
Tough: :hot:

• Right Back At Ya - Use the Shockwave move to make enemy kill themselves with a grenade.
    I'm not sure if this has to be a grenade enemy or if it can be a rocket enemy because I've done this numerous times to the rocket guys and did not get a Right Back At Ya notification. YMMV Shockwave one of the rocket launching enemies immediately after he fires to do this otherwise the rocket just hits the ground in front of him. Alternately, some of the regular shooting enemies will occasionally throw grenades at you and just shockwave them back towards them. There will be an onscreen grenade indicator when they are around you
  • Air Sticky Bomb - Like Sticky Bomb, but kill an airborne enemy by sticking a grenade to them.
    once you upgrade Shockwave, it takes a lot longer for the enemies to fall and gives you more time to peg them with a grenade -Scorch
  • Insult To Injury - Stick a grenade to an enemy, but then kill them with another weapon (or melee) before it explodes.
    Just like the description says. Weaken an enemy just before take-down/death and stick the grenade to them and shoot them immediately afterwards with your regular shot before the grenade explodes (you have a couple of seconds). diddy310 also suggested to stick a grenade to one of those spider robots on Warren that you kill with one shot.
  • Whack A Mole - Take down a Conduit with the Thunder Drop move.
    Simple, just Thunder Drop from a height to kill a Conduit. These are the enemies that are harder to kill and shoot the lighting blast down the road on Neon and Rockets and spider robots on Warren. Keep in mind you must weaken them first because a Thunder Drop alone will not take them down.
  • Suspended Sentence - Kill an airborne enemy with the Lighting Storm move.
    I got this on the 2nd part of the mission where you get the Lighting Storm ability after you come out of the sewers. The game prompts you to take out the incoming enemies with the Lighting Storm move as well. I used my upgraded Megawatt Hammer (aka rocket launcher) which cause enemies to float when hit followed by the Lighting Storm move. Magus8472 also suggested to use a shockwave to get the enemy into the air followed by the Lighting Storm.
  • Up Close And Personal - Take down 5 Enemies in 30 seconds with just the melee. Don’t fire in-between.
    I found this easiest to do on the Street Fight side mission on Warren which is kinda near the starting point. In the mission there are Dustmen and Reavers fighting eachother and just get in the mix and melee take-down 5 of them in a group. You might die but that's fine since it still counts if you get it done before you die. Alternately, as you progress in Warren the spider robots that spawn out of the streets will start coming out in groups of 5 instead of 3 and you can use them as well.
Daft: :bomb:

• Crowd Control - Take down 5 Enemies at once.
    This started coming naturally a lot more often later in Warren story missions. Easiest to do with a grenade into a group. Also, I did this during the mission on Warren when you first gain access to the big Dustmen camp there is one point where 5 spider robots spawn and race towards you. Just throw a grenade at them.
  • Splash And Crash - While in the air, Shock an enemy and then hit the same enemy with the Thunder Drop move.
    Pretty easy for me, I just found the tallest build on Neon with Reavers around it and jumped off to do this. Make sure to let your finger off the L1 button before hitting square b/c I kept accidentally doing it
  • Have A Nice Fall - Kill 3 enemies at once by making them fall from a high place. Again, easier with a grenade.
    I've been able to find that the Tar on the water tower side missions on Neon typically supply around 3 guys on a roof-top but it's hit or miss whether you can get them to stay close enough together to Shockwave them all off with a single blast
    Alternately
    On the leftmost side of the huge cranes in Warren (bottom left of island where the 2 peninsulas stick out) and crane closest to land if you climb up to the control level there are like 5 dustmen standing there that you can easily blow off the edge of the crane
    Then another possibility Warren boss-fight spoiler
    On Warren during the Alden boss-fight at the top of the huge crane thing where John tells you to go to get the sphere when it first starts there are lots of enemies available to shockwave off the tower.
  • Ride The Lightning - Kill an enemy with Precision while rail grinding.
    I found this one pretty easy once I unlocked Precision (sniper) and rail grinding. Just find a Reaver on a roof near the train tracks, start a rail grind down the way heading towards the Reaver, and activate Precision (up on d-pad) at a distance and head-shot the guy.

General rule of thumb is to not take over all of the districts (yellow exclamation point side-missions) before you get all of the stunts or you'll be hard pressed to find enough enemies to finish up the stunts.

References:
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/986/986258p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/i...906&pid=942025
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/05/...e-stunts-list/

Last edited by a moderator:
Air Sticky Bomb is easy - once you upgrade Shockwave, it takes a lot longer for the enemies to fall and gives you more time to peg them with a grenade.

[quote name='Scorch']Air Sticky Bomb is easy - once you upgrade Shockwave, it takes a lot longer for the enemies to fall and gives you more time to peg them with a grenade.[/QUOTE]
Isn't that upgrade on available to people with good karma?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Isn't that upgrade on available to people with good karma?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure shockwave, thunder drop, melee, and damage reduction are all neutral skills.

[quote name='mguiddy']Pretty sure shockwave, thunder drop, melee, and damage reduction are all neutral skills.[/QUOTE]
Shockwave is a normal skill but the the positive Karma upgrade causes the enemy to float in the air for a second or two.

[quote name='Malik112099']i cant do flying melee....any hints/tips?[/QUOTE]

On the IGN PS3 podcast one of the guys mentioned that it sounds more difficult than it is since when you do your melee attack repeatedly (combo) one of the last hits you do the enemy is airborne from a previous hit. I just kept hitting the melee button and pushing toward the enemy.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Shockwave is a normal skill but the the positive Karma upgrade causes the enemy to float in the air for a second or two.[/QUOTE]
Theres good/evil upgrades on shockwave... I haven't upgraded that yet.:lol:

My personal tally for me to keep track of my Hero run-thru stunts.

* = certain/performed multiple times

21/21 Stunts :whee:

1. Sticky Bomb*
  2. High Fall*
  3. Enviro Take Down*
  4. Blast & Bolt*
  5. Flying Head Shot*
  6. Premature Detonation*
  7. Splash And Crash*
  8. Ride The Lightning*
  9. Flying Melee*
  10. Unquenchable Thirst*
  11. Whack A Mole*
  12. Have A Nice Fall*
  13. Insult to Injury*
  14. Crush*
  15. Air Strike*
  16. Right Back At Ya*
  17. Air Sticky Bomb*
  18. Crowd Control*
  19. Melee Finisher*
  20. Up Close and Personal*
  21. Suspended Sentence*

Any advice on get the Unquenchable Thirst stunt? I can't seem to find an area with 4 grind areas relatively close together.

[quote name='bmachine']Any advice on get the Unquenchable Thirst stunt? I can't seem to find an area with 4 grind areas relatively close together.[/QUOTE]

Train tracks. Jump from one track to the next. Much easier then jumping across power lines. And easier still with the gliding power.

haven't got the game yet but tagged for later. thanks for doing and compiling the research OP, very nice!!!

Great post, OP! This will definitely serve us well as we quest for that Platinum. ;)

Just wish the game had a more detailed explanation in-game...

For "Insult To Injury" the easiest way to get it is to stick a grenade to one of the junk-crab things, then fire your standard lightning bolt, it's a one hit kill and they tend to just stand still when they are a fair distance away from you.

[quote name='erectiontown']i can't get flying melee for the life of me. i've got most of the rest. the only other one i'm worried about is up close and personal[/QUOTE]

The easiest way to do it is to melee an enemy off of a roof and continue hitting the button. You should be able to get it no problem.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']The easiest way to do it is to melee an enemy off of a roof and continue hitting the button. You should be able to get it no problem.[/QUOTE]
i've tried that a couple times, but must be doing something wrong... i'll try again tonight. thanks.

Flying melee can be done on the ground. Just keep kitting square. One of the hits will usually hit them up into the air and if you keep hitting them you will get it.

Those groups of spiders are good for Up Close and Personal.

Strange... I swear I got Up Close and Personal with a shockwave... Since I don't remember ever meleeing 5 enemies....

[quote name='bmachine']Any advice on get the Unquenchable Thirst stunt? I can't seem to find an area with 4 grind areas relatively close together.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Voodoo_Lou']Train tracks. Jump from one track to the next. Much easier then jumping across power lines. And easier still with the gliding power.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what I did.....I'll update the OP

[quote name='Sarrasis']Flying melee can be done on the ground. Just keep kitting square. One of the hits will usually hit them up into the air and if you keep hitting them you will get it.

Those groups of spiders are good for Up Close and Personal.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the continuous melee combo launches the person into the air near the end and you just hit them with the next hit of the combo.

[quote name='diddy310']Is there any way to see a list of what you have done so far? I'm at 18[/QUOTE]

Nope, unfortunately not. You can only see the next stunt that you haven't done on the list. That's why I started redoing a lot of the stunts to mark them off as definitely done.

I got Suspended Sentance multiple times without even trying on the mission you get Lightning Storm in (the game encourages you to use it against several mobs of enemies). If you have trouble just try to hit the various exploding barrels/trucks when you're directing the thing and you'll probably knock someone in the air. If you're past that you can just look for any mob clustered around something that explodes.

Failing that, you'd have to try to shockwave someone against a wall (preferably a flat one like a billboard) and then immediately launch the storm before they hit the ground. Should be rather easy with good shockwave, but not so much with the evil one.

Okay, just need to do Splash & Crash, and the grenade deflect and 3 enemies off a rooftop one i believe. Hard enough getting an enemy to throw a grenade let alone actually hit him and kill him with it.

Woohoo!!! I got my all stunts trophy! :whee:

[quote name='Magus8472']I got Suspended Sentance multiple times without even trying on the mission you get Lightning Storm in (the game encourages you to use it against several mobs of enemies). If you have trouble just try to hit the various exploding barrels/trucks when you're directing the thing and you'll probably knock someone in the air. If you're past that you can just look for any mob clustered around something that explodes.

Failing that, you'd have to try to shockwave someone against a wall (preferably a flat one like a billboard) and then immediately launch the storm before they hit the ground. Should be rather easy with good shockwave, but not so much with the evil one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's where I got it too. I had my Megawatt Hammer fully upgraded so that people float when hit by it which helped to hit them with the Lighting Storm.

About Have a Nice Fall:
There are side missions like the water tower ones that spawn lots of enemies on the roof, I would try to get this on one of those missions. Otherwise, grind and fly around the rooftops until you find a spawn of 3 enemies standing in a circle and blast them off.

I'm having trouble with right back at ya :[ Do reapers and dustmen throw grenades? I only recall seeing the first sons use them

Yes they do, I just found rooftops with a lone Reaper on top, shot him once, then hung off the edge of the building and eventually he'd try to throw a grenade

A good part to get the "right back at ya" stunt is the "Alden Strikes" mission when there is a lone grenade shooting Dustman. It's not far into the mission.

I finally got Have A Nice Fall this way:

- Start on Zeke's roof (so you can restart here if you need multiple attempts) and hop down on to the train tracks. Grind to the right towards the gas station.

- Immediately after passing through the train station, hop off the tracks to your left, down onto the street, and out on the post for the broken dock in the water.

- Hop back up to the train station just in time to see 5 reapers heading your way -- there will be 2 on one side of the track and 3 on other. Kill the batch of 2 and use your shield to corral the group of 3 at the top of the train station stairwell.

- Once you've got the 3 of the them standing together, drop your shields and shockwave them. It may take a couple of attempts but you should easily be able to snag the stunt here.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I was able to get this after completing the game as a hero. Hopping out the broken dock seems to "activate" the reapers each time I restarted back at Zeke's.

if anyone has troubles finding shards, one note: the map on wiki cheats has a few missing and misplaced ones. look up the corrected version on google. hope that helps some people that are stuck at 349. i was stuck at 349 for three days till i looked up the corrected one.

[quote name='sinned47']if anyone has troubles finding shards, one note: the map on wiki cheats has a few missing and misplaced ones. look up the corrected version on google. hope that helps some people that are stuck at 349. i was stuck at 349 for three days till i looked up the corrected one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, any particular one on google that you consider the "correct" one?

[quote name='chuckywang']I'm having difficulty finding a guy to do Right Back at Ya. I finished 100% on all the districts....[/QUOTE]
Yes, it is a pain in the ass.

And the Have a Nice Fall seems impossible as good... I went on my Evil character and did it fairly easy. But my Good Shockwave always makes them land safely...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yes, it is a pain in the ass.

And the Have a Nice Fall seems impossible as good... I went on my Evil character and did it fairly easy. But my Good Shockwave always makes them land safely...[/QUOTE]

Do stunts transfer over to new games? I beat the game on Good with 20 of 21 stunts performed, but if I start a new game to play Evil, will I still have those 20 stunts unlocked?

[quote name='chuckywang']Do stunts transfer over to new games? I beat the game on Good with 20 of 21 stunts performed, but if I start a new game to play Evil, will I still have those 20 stunts unlocked?[/QUOTE]
Nope. Neither stunts, shards, nor dead drops carry over when you start a new game.

So... how the hell am I suppose to do the Have a Nice Fall (on Good with eveything completed) and Sticky Air Bomb (with Evil). Friggen hard as hell to hit someone falling with a sticky bomb.

*added* Woot woot! Got my Stunt trophy! Now I just need 100% shards and all evil upgrades... I'm so dumb. I thought it said all upgrades, so I bought all my other upgrades before my evil ones... now I'm at 4k and need 12k more... how the hell!?

If you still have a side mission left to do that spawns a group of enemies, farm it. :D Otherwise have fun running around trying to find enemies to get ~15 exp points each.

Ugh, need my Deflect stunt and I just read about doing it on Alden Strikes...I feel dumb. Other than that I need Suspended and Air Sticky.

Minor question here, I now when you get all the Dead Drops in an area, it tells you. Is it the same for Blast Shards too? I pretty sure I got all in Neon, but I never got a message to verify this.

Nope there is no message for shards. Most people either use the map and check them off or keep track by knowing how many are on each island and only moving on when an island is finished.

Yeah. I have been using the keep track method. Just started the game yesterday, know there is 1 left on Neon. Need the thrusters to grab it. Stunt guide has been very helpful. I have 5 of those left. One I am looking forward to the least is the kill 5 with melee quickly. I guess I will try it on the street fight mission mentioned. I have tried on other parts and just get hammered.

[quote name='dimeadz']That kill 5 with melee can be done on the trash scorpions. I have done it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I have yet to encounter said critters, so I'll keep it in mind when I do see them!

I thought this game was easier than Crackdown as far as finding shards/orbs.

On another note. When playing good, it is a good idea to do part of a mission over to build up experience. Otherwise you will come up short in the end and have to wander around looking for random spawns to kill to buy the upgrades.

There are still enemies at the end of the game. You should be able to do most of the stunts if not all, but knowing where to look is a different story.

bread's done
Back